You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 10:07:32 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: In the dark  (Read 351 times)

Offline Kwiehtyp3Topic starter

In the dark
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:22:58 PM »
In the hot summer nights as I lay alone peering Into the fathomless darkness, I was disturbed by an paranormal presence. It Invaded my space like a magenta fog, uncertain of shape or size. Almost Immediately I was overwhelmed by a profound sense of fear and dread. Slowly this uninvited thing approached the love seat I lay upon seeming to constantly change, and yet, remain the same..

The fear paralyzed me and took my ability to speak away. Finally managing to gain some semblance of control, I stammered out my dogs name. The presence was seemingly strengthened by my expression of fear and quickened It's pace. Suddenly, the paralyzing fear was dulled by my own defiance. I would not cowar to this revnant.

I spoke my dog's name again, this time clearly. She still did not come and the presence drew closer. I knew It must not reach me, so once again I called for my dog with a commanding tone. This time, she came with haste. Confidence grew Inside me. I screamed In my head, I do not fear you! I had my doubts, but the thing slowed dramaticly.

Once more I cried out mentally, I do not fear you! I believed myself and It began to retreat. Then, I heard a sound. This sound was that of the fall wind In my left ear. This sound carried a voice. The voice spoke In a tongue more ancient and powerful than the race of man. I could not understand what It said, but as It finished speaking, I felt Intense pain.

It was as If a claw had materialized Inside my left ear and begun to rip It's way out. I squeezed shut my eyes and grimaced. I wanted to cry out, but somehow, I knew to do so would mean certain death. So, I sat In agonizing silence for what seemed like hours, though It was but a few seconds. The claw ripped It's wau down and spared me no pain.

Finally, I mentally shouted once more, I do not fear you! Suddenly, all returned to normal, save one reminder of the Incident. That reminder, my very sore, and bleeding left ear.