You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 05:54:39 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Shinshi's bucket list: M for F  (Read 211 times)

Offline shinshiTopic starter

Shinshi's bucket list: M for F
« on: July 22, 2014, 10:49:52 AM »
I'm very new to E and I'm really looking forward to meeting people, writing and building up a repertoire of genres and themes.

I'm particularly looking for a female character to go with my male character. I

No doubt this list will grow and get refined as time goes on, so please scroll through to the latest post. I will try to be transparent with edits.

Settings

Below is a list of settings that I would like to write within. Plots are collaborative, I just have a fascination with the environments they present.
  • Wuxia: I love the fantasy kung-fu worlds of movies like Hero, Crouching Tiger and House of Flying Daggers. I also like pan-Asian attempts like the Bioware RPG Jade Empire.
  • Modern Japan: A few years ago I tried to run a LiveJournal RPG set in Japan's mizu shobai (water trade, a euphemism for the often sexual service industry). Hostess bars, yakuza, soaplands, there is a lot to work with. This could appeal to fans of Japanese gangster cinema or the Yakuza (Ryu ga Odoku) games.
  • Historical Japan: Who doesn't love samurai, ninja, ronin and the tales of feudal Japan--maybe with a touch of fantasy for added fun. I have a bit of a thing for wartime Japan too but in a more realistic manner.
  • Cyberpunk Japan: Anyone who's read William Gibson's Neuromancer or seen Blade Runner or Akira will know what I'm talking about. I particularly love Ghost in the Shell (in all its incarnations) and would love to match up this setting to a police/detective style plot.
  • 50s U.S. Urban Noir: Hats, trenchcoats, cigarettes and moody narrative. Yes please!
  • Military: Special forces, war, boot camp. There's a lot to work with.
  • Spies: I can go either realistic or license to kill with this. Double-crossing, dead drops, wet work and globe trotting. I have a particular love of the Mission: Impossible setting.
  • Sci-Fi: Particularly with regards to space travel in the vein of Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, Ringworld, etc.

I have more, but these are what come to mind. I will probably flesh this post out with some plot ideas later, but I just wanted to leave my door open. PM if you are interested in pursuing any of these ideas.