You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 07, 2022, 08:07:37 am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Play with Shinshi (M4F)  (Read 942 times)

Offline shinshiTopic starter

• Learner
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • We owe more to our illusions than to our knowledge
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Play with Shinshi (M4F)
« on: July 22, 2014, 10:49:52 am »
If you're reading this, first let me say thanks :) I'm really looking forward to meeting people, writing and building up a repertoire of genres and themes.

A bit about me:

I'm a guy, I've been role-playing since my early teens, and it's depressing how long ago that was!  ;D

I have a really busy job and life outside the internet, but I'm looking to write a few times a week -- maybe more, maybe less depending on my IRL situation.

I'm back after a really long break from role-playing, I'm rusty and out-of-touch, so feel free to let me know if there is anything I should be doing that I'm not :)

Roleplaying with me:

I generally want one-on-one role-plays so I can keep on top of them. My days of being part of big groups and reading a novella of submissions a day is far behind me. I'm also going to be strict and try not to get into too many role-playing at any one time -- this is something I've done in the past and I know I can't sustain it.

When I roleplay, my main character will be male. I have no problem filling out NPCs with whatever the story requires, but I am a dude, I know dudes, it's just what I'm comfortable with.

When looking for a role-play I am typically looking for my main character to be interacting with a female main on the other side.

I am not a big fan of role-playing canon characters/events -- I've never been a big fan-ficcer. I prefer to write within established universes adjacent to the canon, or in a new universe that we flesh out together.

I have zero preferences at the moment for how we do the actual role-playing. PMs, threads, Discord, email, a Google Doc... Just let me know what you like. In the past I mainly did email, listservers, LiveJournal, messenger, forums, and even a wiki. I've been around the block.  :P

Unestablished settings:

Below is a list of settings that I would like to write within. Plots are collaborative, I just have a fascination with the environments they present.
  • Wuxia: I love the fantasy kung-fu worlds of movies like Hero, Crouching Tiger and House of Flying Daggers. I also like pan-Asian attempts like the Bioware RPG Jade Empire.
  • Historical Japan: Who doesn't love samurai, ninja, ronin and the tales of feudal Japan--maybe with a touch of fantasy for added fun. I have a bit of a thing for wartime Japan too but in a more realistic manner.
  • Cyberpunk: Anyone who's read William Gibson's Neuromancer or seen Blade Runner or Akira will know what I'm talking about. I particularly love Ghost in the Shell (in all its incarnations) and would love to match up this setting to a police/detective style plot.
  • 50s U.S. Urban Noir: Hats, trenchcoats, cigarettes and moody narrative. Yes please!
  • Military: Special forces, war, boot camp. There's a lot to work with.
  • Spies: I can go either realistic or license to kill with this. Double-crossing, dead drops, wet work and globe trotting. I have a particular love of the Mission: Impossible setting.
  • Sci-Fi: Particularly with regards to space travel in the vein of Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, Ringworld, etc.

I have more, but these are what come immediately to mind. PM if you are interested in pursuing any of these ideas.

Fandom settings:

Below is a list of established universes that I would like to write with non-canon characters.
  • Westworld
  • Star Trek
  • Star Wars
  • Marvel/DC/Invincible

Again, these are just the ones that come to mind. PM if you are interested in pursuing any of these ideas.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 01:30:03 am by shinshi »

Offline shinshiTopic starter

• Learner
  • Lord
  • Bacchae
  • We owe more to our illusions than to our knowledge
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Play with Shinshi (M4F)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 01:30:41 am »
Updated after a 7 year absence 🙇

EDIT: I didn't realize this was in the one-on-one forum and that I was bumping it up. Mea culpa!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 01:31:55 am by shinshi »