You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 16, 2017, 04:05:57 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Haunted computer clock?  (Read 247 times)

Offline XenphirTopic starter

• Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing!
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Stand for Something or Fall for Everything
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Haunted computer clock?
« on: July 20, 2014, 01:01:05 PM »
Not really, but I need some help on these strange occurrences. For some reason, my clock keeps going back three hours, and I try to turn it ahead again, but then some pages don't load. Something about my time being in the future. O_O; Help?

Offline Cassandra LeMay

Re: Haunted computer clock?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 01:15:59 PM »
Is it always three hours? No change in day or year, nothing completely random? Does it change after you entered the correct time while you still have the computer running? Do you get any error message when pages don't load?

If it's completely random and happens only when you start the computer I would say the BIOS battery is running low and the computer can't remember the correct time when it's switched off.

If it's always those three hours you might to try synchronizing it with a different time server (if you make use of that option). Perhaps the fault is on that end?

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 01:20:32 PM »
Also, if the sites giving you a problem are consistently the same sites, check to see if there is the ability to set your time zone/offset for that site.  For example, Elliquiy's profile controls includes a 'Look and Layout' where you can  set the number of hours to +/- to make displayed time equal to your local time.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »
Not really, but I need some help on these strange occurrences. For some reason, my clock keeps going back three hours, and I try to turn it ahead again, but then some pages don't load. Something about my time being in the future. O_O; Help?

Modern operating systems usually get their time from a timing server on the Internet. If your time zone is off, it will reset to the 'wrong' time.

Offline Soran

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 02:51:21 PM »
The clock on your BIOS is set to a different time. I found that out when I was building a PC with a faulty Sabretooth motherboard. Drove me nuts trying to work it out.