Mystery Inc © 2014 Rules & Format
- This game will probably go into the NC- Exotic subforum. You can get into as much smut as you want, so long as you've worked out the details with the other players. I'd like to establish an actual mystery investigation so bear that mind
- I understand Non-consensual and BDSM are rather popular, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. So I'll leave that up to individual players preferences to determine the type of content their characters encounter.
- All characters must be somewhere between the age range of twenty-one (21) to twenty-five (25). This mainly pertains to the core team of Mystery Inc. because they're suppose to be college kids in the same general age group.
- No vaguely underage stuff, no illegal stuff, no hateful stuff. Respect the sites rules.
- I'm on the fence about anime. I will accept some anime. so long as it fits the general description of the character and the setting. Semi-realistic artystles are preferred. This is an example of what I'm talking about. There's no reason at all why a pink-haired girl with an over sized sword or something equally ridiculous would exist in this setting so I'd be less than pleased to see one. One of my biggest pet peeves.
- Please respect all players. Read and abide by their O/Os. Do not godmod or attempt to control another character. If you are requested to alter your post, do so immediately.
- No gary/mary sues
- Respect my authority
- If you're unsure about something, ask. Don't assume.
- Don't take everything so seriously. Have some fun!
I'd like to try my hand at a Scooby-Doo inspired game because I think it would be fun to revisit that part of television history and extrapolate upon that original design to make something that the people of my generation who followed the cartoons in its various incarnations can enjoy themselves now that we're adults, it's only now that I can appreciate the innuendos and hidden references in most of the cartoons I watched as a child. As seen here
I feel like nowadays that's kind of lost with the rise of the adult cartoon, shows like south park and family guy kinda of made a lane for cartoons that are meant to be enjoyed by adults and teens, and I noticed that cartoons are sort of in a decline. I feel like there's not really a lot of cartoons that accurately relates to the generation as it is today. Scooby-Doo was very much a 70's show for people who lived in the 70's . It was a lot more relevant to the culture than a lot of what we see today. From how they dressed, to the way they talked, the musical arrangements to even the type of guest stars and references the writers used. It was specific to that period. It was meant to be the representation for 70's hippie counterculture in a lot of respects. Those kids got high in that van. Why else would a jock, a preppie chick, a brainiac, a hippy and his anthropomorphic talking dog hang out together in a van? What do they have in common really? They were toking up. Their van always broke down every episode because they were too jacked up to drive, there was smoke literally everywhere and you know why he wanted to split up with Daphne EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Anyway, I'd like to see who might be interested in this modern retelling of mine. New van, new kids, and new mysteries. It would follow the basic premise of the original cartoon for the most part, you know a bunch of meddling college kids and their anthropomorphic talking pet taking part in adventures in a van of sorts, while adding an entirely new cast, situations, and a decidedly riskee tone. I may be inclined to introduce some supernatural elements to keep things exciting from time-to-time. I wouldn't mind a vampire or werewolf or two hanging around the group. Witches, warlocks, a friendly ghost, vampires, of that sort are always welcome. I'm thinking about adding a twist and making the members themselves connected to the supernatural in a sense.
I was thinking of a core group similar to the original. They can even be related to the original mystery inc, but they should reflect the times obviously and the group should have more than an interest in solving mystery's and what not. Something for new and old fans alike. So, here is what I'm looking for:
Cast & Guest Characters
Badass Normal Leader guy - Myself
The trendy chick(comes from a long line of coven witches) - Red Stella
The Brain (a techno path mutant)- Reserved
The loveable free spirit (free spirit has spiritual powers, comes from a long line of shaman priests) - Open
Anthromorphic team pet (cursed demon)- Weeping Liberty
Rival mystery team
Smart guy/girl -
Celebrity Guest Stars:(I'd like to see...)
Robert Downey Jr.
John Cho & Kal Pen