You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:29:35 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Tables  (Read 1870 times)

Online FlowerTopic starter

• Rumplestiltskin ❀❀Bunny Goddess❀❀ ♥♥Search Mistress♥♥ ❀❀Introvert ❀❀
  • Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • The blood of the stars flowed in her veins.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Tables
« on: June 21, 2014, 06:52:36 PM »
Hello there!

If you have reached this thread, you probably have been pulling out your hair and screaming at the computer about those damn tables. Don't worry. I am sure plenty of people have been in your shoes. I, for one, am one of them. Even though I am semi-comfortable with tables, at this point, there are still moments where I want to pick up my computer and toss it out of the window. I know there are other tutorials out there about tables and how to master them but I wanted to make one personally for those of us who are visual learners (and also just want the damn code). So if you stumble onto this thread, please feel free to snatch up any code here for your personal usage and switch it around to fit your personal needs. I hope it helps you and that eventually tabling will make more sense.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:20:08 PM by Flower »

• Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Re: Tables
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 10:42:33 AM »

*Note: I have to put spaces in the explanation code because otherwise it actually tries to create a table. When actually coding, do not do this. It will make you bang your head against your desk and curse the gods for the cruelty. <3

Code: [Select]
[table][/table]
Every table code must begin with one and end with these. The [ table ] code is basically telling the computer 'Listen up! We're about to make a table' while the [ / table ] code is letting it know that you have finished your glorious work! This is basically the bread of your sandwich.

[tr][/tr]
When you see these codes, it is creating a row for your table. Inserting a [ tr ] code will begin a new row while the [ / tr] code will signal that you have completed inputting information for that specific row. To begin another row, you simple create a new [ tr ] line of code. This is basically the condiments of your sandwich. I guess.  ::)

[td][/td]
When you see these codes, it is creating columns for your table. Inserting a [ td ] code will create a new column while the [ /td ] will signal that you have completed that column. The [ td ] [ /td ] code always goes inside of the [ tr] [ /tr ] code. You can have as many [ td ] [ /td ] code as you would like within the [ tr] [ /tr ].  In addition, sometimes people like to use this code to create lines of space within their information. This will make more sense when you see the examples. I consider this the meat, cheese, and veggies of your sandwich.

So there you have it. Hopefully now the purpose of each specific code makes a little more sense!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:20:17 PM by Flower »

• Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 01:20:59 PM »
Fixed Tables

Use fixed tables if you want your information to appear the same regardless of what size screen is being used by your target audience (group game members, potential roleplay partners, etc.) or if they have their screen zoomed in beyond 100%. I admit, fixed tables take more time and effort but it is worth it in the long run.

Helpful Tidbit:

• Unfortunately, there is not a way to insert the typical horizontal and vertical lines within your table. Color coordinating was my attempt to combat that and make information easier to read. Later down the road, I did notice it became a thorn in my side, mostly because I liked to alphabetize information for my group games. When someone new joined, I needed to redo the entire color scheme. For this reason, I no longer use color in my tables.
  • If you need additional rows, just start at the [ tr ] and copy to the [ /tr]. Paste it after the [ /tr ] line to add an additional row.  :-)

With Color

Two Color Coordinated Column Fixed Border Table

*insert header here*|*insert header here*
*insert text here*|*insert text here*

[table]
[tr][td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr][/table]

Three Color Coordinated Column Fixed Border Table
*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*
*insert text here*|*insert text here*|*insert text here*

[table]
[tr][td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [/tr][tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [/tr][tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [/tr][/table]

Four Color Coordinated Column Fixed Border Table
*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*
*insert text here*|*insert text here*|*insert text here*|*insert text here*

[table]
[tr][td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][b][color=black][u][color=black]*insert header here*[/color][/u][/color][/b][/td]   [/tr]   [tr][td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr][tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr]  [tr][td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr][tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr][/table]

Five Color Coordinated Column Fixed Border Table
*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*
*insert text here*|*insert text here*|*insert text here*|*insert text here*|*insert text here*
*insert text here*|*insert text here*|*insert text here*|*insert text here*|*insert text here*

[table]
[tr][td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][b][color=black][u][color=black]*insert header here*[/color][/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td][td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr][tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr][tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]**insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=purple]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr][tr][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td][td][color=blue]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr][/table]

Without Color but With Borders

Two Column Fixed Border Table

*insert header here*|*insert header here*

[table]
[tr][td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr][/table]

Three Column Fixed Border Table
*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*

[table]
[tr][td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [/tr][tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [/tr][tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]   [tr][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [/tr][/table]

Four Column Fixed Border Table
*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*

[table]
[tr][td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][b][color=black][u][color=black]*insert header here*[/color][/u][/color][/b][/td]   [/tr]   [tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr][tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr]  [tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr][/table]

Five Column Fixed Border Table
*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*|*insert header here*

[table]
[tr][td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][b][color=black][u][color=black]*insert header here*[/color][/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td]|[/td][td][b][color=black][u]*insert header here*[/u][/color][/b][/td]   [td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr][tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr]   [tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   
[td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr][tr][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td]   [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]  [td]|[/td]  [td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td]|[/td][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]   [td][/tr]

Without Borders or Color

Two Column Fixed Table
*insert header here**insert header here*
*insert text here**insert text here*

[table]
[tr]
[td][color=black][b]*insert header here*[/b][/color][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td]
[td][color=black][b]*insert header here*[/b][/color][/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td]
[td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[/table]

Three Column Fixed Table
*insert header here**insert header here**insert header here*
*insert text here**insert text here**insert text here*

[table]
[tr]
[td][color=black][b]*insert header here*[/b][/color][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td]
[td][color=black][b]*insert header here*[/b][/color][/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]
[tr]
[tr]
[/table]

Four Column Fixed Table
*insert header here**insert header here**insert header here**insert header here*
*insert text here**insert text here**insert text here**insert text here*

[table]
[tr]
[td][color=black][b]*insert header here*[/b][/color][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][color=black][b]*insert header here*[/b][/color][/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr][tr]
[td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr][tr]
[td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]
[/table]

Five Column Fixed Table
*insert header here**insert header here**insert header here**insert header here**insert header here*
*insert text here**insert text here**insert text here**insert text here**insert text here*
*insert text here**insert text here**insert text here**insert text here**insert text here*

[table]
[tr]
[td][color=black][b]*insert header here*[/b][/color][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][color=black][b]*insert header here*[/b][/color][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][color=black][b]*insert header here*[/b][/color]
[/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]
[td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td]
[td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][color=black]*insert text here*[/color][/td][/tr]
[tr]
[/table]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 01:24:27 PM by Flower »

• Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 01:21:34 PM »
Loose Tables

Use loose tables for when you are just listing items under headers. Do not use loose tables tables if you want your table to have the same layout regardless of what size computer is being used or if someone views the web page either zoomed in. I found out the hard way these tables will mix up your information and ruining the color coding! If that makes absolutely no sense, take a look at this example! Do you see how within third black row "yellow cat" dipped down into the fourth green row? If you don't care if the table does that, proceed to use the "loose tables. However, if you want uniformed tables (that look the same no matter what!), use the "fixed" tables.

Two Column Loose Table
-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

[table]
[tr]
[td][center][color=black][b][u]-insert header here-[/u][/b][/center]

[center][color=black]*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*[/color][/center]
[/td]
[td]     [/td]
[td][center][color=black][b][u]-insert header here-[/u][/b][/color][/center]

*type text here*
*type text here*
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Three Column Loose Table
-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

[table]
[tr]

*type text here*
*type text here*
[/td]
[td]     [/td]

*type text here*
*type text here*
[/td]
[td]     [/td]

*type text here*
*type text here*
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Four Column Loose Table
-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

[table]
[tr]

*type text here*
*type text here*
[/td]
[td]     [/td]

*type text here*
*type text here*
[/td]
[td]     [/td]

*type text here*
*type text here*
[/td]
[td]     [/td]

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*[/color][/center][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Five Column Loose Table
-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

-insert header here-

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*

[table]
[tr]

*type text here*
*type text here*
[/td]
[td]     [/td]

*type text here*
*type text here*
[/td]
[td]     [/td]

*type text here*
*type text here*
[/td]
[td]     [/td]

*type text here*
*type text here*
*type text here*[/color][/center][/td]
[td]     [/td]

*type text here*
*type text here*
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

• Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 01:22:03 PM »
Tag Header Formatting

This is purely for fun! Sometimes, in group games, people write more than one character in a post. I struggled for a while with how to format it and still have my post look cute.  ::) This is the solution I came up with. In addition, this is also useful when you are using pictures to display the inside of a residence or something.

Two Characters in One Post Tag Header

Character's Name: *type text here*
Wearing: *type text here*

Character's Name: *type text here*
Wearing: *type text here*

[center][table][tr][td]
[center][img]*link here*[/img]
[b]Character's Name:[/b] *type text here*
[b]Wearing:[/b] *type text here*
[/td][td]
[/td][td]