You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 02:18:50 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: A new game, being Kickstarted  (Read 169 times)

Offline Chris BradyTopic starter

A new game, being Kickstarted
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:56:06 AM »
A French designed Mange/Anime styled game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/438269196/shiness?ref=card

Interesting, but I don't know.  What do you guys think?

Offline Cassandra LeMay

Re: A new game, being Kickstarted
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 02:28:56 AM »
I kinda like what I see, especially the drawn, comic-like style and the artwork. It's also nice that they have a few different levels at the lower end of the backing range that will give you a digital copy of the game without sinking too much money into the Kickstarter. That's always a plus in my book.

What I am less certain about is the made-up language they use for the game. They say they did it because they wanted the game to have a unique and distinct feel to it, but that makes me wonder if they couldn't have made the game distinct and uinque without resorting to a "gimmick" like that. To me it reads as if the developers were lacking confidence in their ability to make the game stand out through more conventional means. Plus, I would find it a bit inconvenient to rely on subtitles when the whole game is already voice-acted. Sure, it makes localization easier, as only the subtitles would have to be changed, but I doubt I would enjoy constantly paying attention to subtitles throughout the game.