You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 06:14:24 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Vampire: The Masquerade - DC By Night  (Read 3700 times)

Offline RubySlippers

Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - DC By Night
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2014, 08:26:43 AM »
Does the New Age Shop do rare book searches and handle special orders?

Offline VonDoom

« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2014, 08:42:12 AM »
But of course, and very discreetly! Though if people start to inquire about works of actual magical worth, they might get a friendly visit ... to make sure nothing nefarious is going on, of course. >)

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2014, 09:04:47 AM »
No, she actually doesn't have Occult as a knowledge area so would get OOP books rather common not real books on magical theory. But she might like to take some classes in the Occult to add a dot to that, the kind of common things mortals might study.

Offline VonDoom

« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2014, 09:19:07 AM »
Of course, and we have some wonderful recommendations for the enterprising knowledge seeker, too. But that is probably best discussed in game. ;)

@Miroque That reminds me, as a native German speaker and Austrian, your character's last name would likely be Schwarzberg or Schwarzenberg if you want to go for accuracy. :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:26:51 AM by VonDoom »

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2014, 09:25:21 AM »
I know she will come in asking for an OOP copy of likely books on Left Hand Path sexual rituals and the like.  O:)

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2014, 12:10:40 PM »
All right, char sheet submitted.  Will post up some details if he is approved.

Offline Miroque

« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2014, 12:19:46 PM »
@VonDoom: I know. But trick is its not her real name. Just a an wordgame. Btw im from Finland so lets hope timezones will not hinder the flow too much.

Offline VonDoom

« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2014, 12:26:57 PM »
Wow, I seriously need to stop posting from work ... I pointed out German name accuracies and managed to get the last part of your character's name wrong, even. Sorry about that, Miroque. :-[

(Schwarzgeist sounds like the most natural language-accurate version to me, just to correct myself.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:28:41 PM by VonDoom »

Offline Miroque

« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2014, 12:52:26 PM »
@VonDoom : no worries. Good to know my 3years of language studies were correct :) And im at work aswell.. friging nightsift..

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2014, 02:06:21 PM »
No worries about time zone, Miroque.  I know you are active and I am GMT+3, nor am I a daily poster.  Here's my char, by the way.

Name: Robert Dwyer
Clan: Malkavian
Sire: Stephen Norton
Apparent Age: 35
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Race: Caucasian
Nationality: US
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 180
Sex: Male

Robert fervently believes that the Greek pantheon is real.

Offline Miroque

« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2014, 02:43:20 PM »
Question about the setting: How much of DC by nights is viable? How big is DC kindred population, witch clans are the most numerous and who's who among the starlight Jyhad?

Offline Florence

« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2014, 03:22:17 PM »
Question about the setting: How much of DC by nights is viable? How big is DC kindred population, witch clans are the most numerous and who's who among the starlight Jyhad?

Any how many politicians are literal bloodsuckers instead of just figurative ones? :D

Offline Miroque

« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2014, 03:25:07 PM »
To hold public office is dire violation of masquerade.. but ghouling one is okay.

Offline Ebb

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2014, 03:27:51 PM »
To hold public office is dire violation of masquerade.. but ghouling one is okay.

I'd also imagine it would be almost impossible to hold public office and not be able to go outside during daylight hours.

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2014, 03:31:57 PM »
I'd be leery of even ghouling them, due to the age thing.  Politicians can stay in office for decades, and even the ones that leave often stay in the news.  Better to stick to blackmail and Disciplines.

Offline Miroque

« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2014, 03:54:33 PM »
@andyD : true that but with ghouling i ment more than giving them immortality.. bloodbond is far superior to any blackmailing.. ghoul for an week and keep him o  the juice say ones a mo th or even less to keep the cravings on...make them come to you with gifts :) no need for disciplines there..

Offline Florence

« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »
... well... I was joking xD

Offline VonDoom

« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »
Bloodbond without Ghouldom does carry a greater risk of causing a potential masquerade breech, when the person obsessed with you figures out you're a vampire. Or attracts the wrong sort of attention. Good old traditional blackmail, with neither Discipline nor Blood bond, is always the safest bet from the Masquerade angle, if perhaps not the fastest or most effective.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2014, 04:02:22 PM »
I'd also imagine it would be almost impossible to hold public office and not be able to go outside during daylight hours.

Not really find a medical condition that might explain your condition, get a verification and invoke the ADA and you can work only at night. You just need the background Alternate Identity 1 or 2 for the paper trail.

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2014, 04:20:14 PM »

Offline Ebb

« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2014, 04:22:01 PM »
Not really find a medical condition that might explain your condition, get a verification and invoke the ADA and you can work only at night. You just need the background Alternate Identity 1 or 2 for the paper trail.

I'll grant a small chance of that working for some professions. For politics, where you have to get elected and you can't show up at campaign events during the day? Not a prayer. And not being able to show up to committee meetings, or scheduled votes, or meet with constituents?

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2014, 04:32:17 PM »
I usually took it as a cover so a vampire can go shopping or ask for special accommodations but in the modern nights with on-line shopping its less necessary.

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »
Well, there are various jobs at the Cat's Eye if a vampire is worried about getting a job and wants to make sure they aren't expected to do daytime.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2014, 04:50:06 PM »
She likely will be a customer over an employee.  ;D

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »
Customers are great too ^_^