NEW: Out of Character thread added 3/21/2014
This original fantasy role-play is based around the concept of a chilly, high fantasy landscape known as Eversnow, an empire of broken kingdoms once beautiful and prosperous, now overrun by legions of orcs, men, and corrupt high elves, all loyal and in fear of a malevolent Ice King. The Ice King, a once heroic warrior and prince sent to rescue his sister from a powerful and beautiful Ice Witch, has long since fallen to her corrupting influence and risen as a masculine figurehead to abide by her whispers and rule the broken lands. A curse of snow and ice, expanding from the corruption of his once good heart, has spidered out and consumed the lands in a seemingly endless winter, killing crops, stirring up raiding and war for food stores, and inviting cannibalism in the dark corners of Eversnow.
As the old, innocent denizens of this land struggle to survive, the varied old kingdoms that exist in this frozen empire have struggled to find ways to appease or defeat the Ice King. Some have attempted war outright, with armies ending up frozen or devoured in the icy mountains. Others have offered him brides, of whom nothing has been heard since. Meanwhile, the mystery of what lies within the Mount Volcan Fortress since the Ice King made it his home is unknown, along with who might still be alive in its dungeons.
This is a group role-play, with expectations of good writing consisting of a minimum of two paragraphs. Players are expected to contribute at least once a week or to kindly notify me if they will not be available, otherwise their characters may have to be guided as non-fatally as possible until they are available, or removed from the scene (by non-violent means) until they are available once again.
Suggested character roles are as follows (key roles will be played by GM if there is no player interest):Note: Other character ideas than those listed are welcome.The Ice King
: <taken by Darkmoon>
Formerly Ivan Agnost, prince of Aranthia, a now frozen city. Rules at Mount Volcan. A mostly dominant, ruthless, non-consensually-driven being whose shreds of humanity and warmth are mere embers at his core, perhaps one day to be rekindled.The Snow Witch
Self-titled Snow Queen, driven by her own lusts and devices, with ice and water elemental sorcerous power and the ability to corrupt. A dominant personality type, with malevolent motivations.The Captive Princess
: <taken by Joslyn>
The sister of Ivan, captive of the Snow Witch. The Ice King allows his trusted Snow Queen to keep her captive for her own benefit. She is fair and young.Orc Chief
: Chief of the Orc <taken by Vaulera - actions/description may differ from what follows>
Legion, who takes great pleasure in playing with the female captives of the Ice King. He should be fond of group sex, non-consensual behavior, and light violence. This is a figure to be feared, brutal and large. Resides at Mount Volcan when not sent out to lead raids.The Golgothan <NPC>
: A gargantuan half-giant brute, non-consensual, to whom captives are thrown to be finished off. For size fetishists. Is chained in the dungeons of Mount Volcan, and answers only to the Snow Queen, whom it is believed is his mother.The Courtier <taken by Shjade>
: foreign envoy with her own agenda in the FortressThe Swordsman
: <taken by Ontan>
Original character.The Queen's Guardian
: <taken by Drake Valentine> A savage hunter and infinitely loyal fighter.
- Someone to attempt to defeat the Ice King, or rescue captives.Heroine
- Same as Hero.Offering <taken by CarnivorousBunny>
- A female sacrifice, sent to appease the King for the safety or restoration of certain lands owned by fathers, kings, queens, or otherwise.Captive
- An existing captive in the Mount Volcan dungeon, likely to be familiar with non-consensual relations with the monsters within.The King's Guard <taken by Kekec>
- A raw and twisted loyalist.The Snow Elf Rebel Leader <taken by Melange>
: the primary figure at the forefront of Snow Elf rebellion, which is very limited in capacity at the beginning.The Avenger <taken by Molotov>
: a pirate from faraway lands, seeking vengeance for one of the Ice King's conquests.The Firebrand <taken by Jecter>
: a fire wielder from the Osirion sands
Plot: I largely like to leave plot to develop naturally among characters, as they develop. Let your creativity blossom here. Some plots I personally might pursue as GM:
- The Rekindling of Ivan Agnost - long term plot to have Ivan reattain his identity and independence from the influence of the Snow Queen by having a female character reawaken his humanity. This may be his ultimate salvation or his damnation.
- The Snow Elf Revolt -- The High Elves that fell into service of the Ice King, now Snow Elves by name and a corruption of their appearance, have had a reawakening in guilt at the murder of many of their own, and seek to free themselves of the Snow Queen's influence. This may lead to great strife among the Snow Elves and Orcs, and invite complicated relations between elves and elves.
: I enjoy painting a world and NPCs for players, so I will take a very D&D style game master responsibility for this setting. If you want to travel somewhere, I will describe the experiences you encounter while giving you as much freedom as possible to paint your own experience. If you want to add a location or add new NPCs, just contact me and I will work with you to accomodate your needs. As always, the GM has final say, to ensure the game runs smoothly.GM Philosophy
: I want you to daydream
about this setting and look forward to your next post. I want you to have a great, fun, fulfilling and mature experience.Locations
: Specific locations include but are not limited to:
- Mount Volcan Fortress -- near the summit of a jagged, dormant volcano covered with ice spires
- Devil's Bridge Mead Hall -- at the base of Mount Volcan, on the mountain side of the jagged obsidian bridge crossing Devil's Gap. A dangerous, ancient mead hall that has been overrun by orcs loyal to the Ice King. An armed encampment surrounds and many that attempt to reach Mount Volcan never make it past the Hall and being fodder for orcish pleasures.
- Aranthia, Summer Glen Inn -- On the outskirts of the frozen city of Aranthia, where men and women are frozen like statues in streets glazed with blue ice. The Inn was built by rebels and is sustained by hot springs in grottos beneath the log walls. Few visit the inn given its proximity to Mount Volcan, which struggles to survive by paying taxes to the Ice King.
: There is the risk of character death, dismemberment, transformation, etc. This is a game, and there will be dice rolling to determine outcomes. This is a largely free form RP, and as GM, I do not want anyone to lose their characters, but if players force situations where violence exists, chance will dictate the outcome. Typically a single 20 sided die roll for most scenarios, with advantages or disadvantages being dictated prior to the roll. GM has final say, but does not have a desire to permanently change anyone's character for the worse if it can be avoided.Sexual Elements
: While there are characters centered around Mount Volcan that have arguably evil, non-consensual tastes, this story is not meant to be entirely focused around that. Romantic and consensual elements, to downright vanilla behavior is encouraged. A diverse crowd is ideal, and as GM I take everyone's limits and tastes into account.This thread is open for discussion, questions and character sheet submissions. If you have a character in mind, don't hesitate to describe it here as an application or send me a PM with any private questions you might have.