You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 23, 2016, 03:23:15 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: (M for F) Looking to be the Companion of a Epic Heroine and other Story Seeds  (Read 356 times)

Offline zerowingRTopic starter

I want an Epic story, not in terms of power (at least not for my character)  but in the old sense of the word.  I'm looking for a large massive setting where it's hard not Want to know what's over the next horizon or who is beneath that cloak. You know the kind of place I'm talking about: Ancient Places of  Power or travel through Untamed Woods, Ruins of an Ancient people positively filled with Powerful Mysterious relics,Sequestered Temples in Far-Off regions where you phrase your prayers carefully because you will most certainly receive an Answer. Now I'm perfectly happy to craft this world with you,more then happy but this the kind of vibe I'm shooting for.

But that's almost standard, heck I wouldn't need to put up a warning for that. In response to the above I want a just as powerful Protagonist, a person who is larger then life, the archetypal Chosen One who will grow to change the world entire and become a thing of Myth and Legend. Now here's tricky bit I do Not want to be playing that person,nope. I want to play a Hero most certainly and I definitely want most dearly to have ties to the Protagonist but it should be a different feel. Think Hercules and Iolaus, Kerrigan and Jim Raynor, Harry Dresden and Karrin Murphy, The Emperor and Malcador, Scooby-doo and Shaggy. Every partner in their own way is most certainly competent and usually even essential but simply put they are not the same “level” as their counter-part.

This more of a theme I want to explore that I've had a million and one ideas for but more importantly I want to work with You on. One thing I absolutely insist on is that this be a story we both enjoy,so I want to lay the framework of my character with you. I've had enough ideas for potential characters that I can be very flexible.

I'll be honest I'd prefer a system for a couple reasons, One is that it provides a tangible sense of growth and development,and Two it seriously helps me with writing by giving me a box to work in. It doesn't have to be rules heavy at all and could be something as simple as a home-brewed scale that we never use. On the other end I'm good with just about any system out there, if I don't have the book I can most certainly access one through my players between us we have access to a veritable library of RPGs. Pathfinder and it's Mythic rules look particularly apt to run the above but like I said I'm not really tied to any one system ,I'm even willing to go free-form if your able to provide a sense of progression.

So did you actually read all that?

You still want to give it a Shot?

Go have a nap,seriously go do it.

Still crazy? Alright then send me an PM and we can get matching white coats :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 07:53:50 PM by zerowingR »

Offline zerowingRTopic starter

Re: (M for F Co-Writter/GM) Looking to be the Companion of a Epic Heroine.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:58:46 AM »
Recycling thread for new idea/pitch.