Ons & Offs Troubles.

Started by Lux12, December 23, 2013, 05:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lux12

No matter what I do, whenever I look at wherever I come up in the players section, none of my info seems to come up. Not the Characters I Play, Settings, Sexual Elements, or anything else. Nothing comes up at all and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Jag

#1
Are you hitting the Submit button in the top left?
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 6/13/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lux12

Quote from: Jagerin on December 23, 2013, 05:09:41 PM
Are you hitting the Submit button in the top left box?
Yes I have.

Jag

Also, looking at your preferences, they appear to be filled out. What specifically isn't showing up?
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 6/13/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lux12

Quote from: Jagerin on December 23, 2013, 05:11:27 PM
Also, looking at your preferences, they appear to be filled out. What specifically isn't showing up?
Everything.At least when I look at it.

Jag

What do you see when you click on 'view my profile' in the top left box? Does it say that it's not set up or does it just show you headings with nothing under them on the right side?
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 6/13/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lux12

#6
Quote from: Jagerin on December 23, 2013, 05:15:59 PM
What do you see when you click on 'view my profile' in the top left box? Does it say that it's not set up or does it just show you headings with nothing under them on the right side?
When I actually click on my name, the prefs come up, but then the Characters I play section doesn't show. The box is there, but nothing is showing under it. When I look at the players section without clicking, that happens and the prefs don't show up either, not even the box.

Jag

Okay, so it's just the top characters box that isn't working then. Have you tried logging out, clearing history, cache, and cookie; then log in and try again?
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 6/13/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lux12

No I have not because I don't know what it will do.I also don't know how to clear a cache.

Jag

It won't hurt your computer. It just gets rid of saved data. Most bothersome thing about it is that you'll have to log back into everything.

I really can't think of anything that would cause just that one section to flake out.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 6/13/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lux12

Did it and I'm still having the same problem. Though I have to ask whether you can see every section or not.

Jag

Only one I don't see anything in is the Characters I Play sections.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 6/13/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lux12

Quote from: Jagerin on December 23, 2013, 05:34:36 PM
Only one I don't see anything in is the Characters I Play sections.
Well I can't figure why it's not showing up out.I cleared my history and logged out. I cleared the cookies. Nothing has changed.

Jag

Sorry, that's the extent of my troubleshooting abilities.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 6/13/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Blythe

I can see everything that you have in your preferences, Lux12, excepting the "Characters I Play," when I click to view your preferences.  :-X

Perhaps this thread, with someone who had a similar problem, might have something handy in itl? I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I hope your problem is resolved soon!

Lux12

Quote from: Blythe on December 23, 2013, 06:32:20 PM
I can see everything that you have in your preferences, Lux12, excepting the "Characters I Play," when I click to view your preferences.  :-X

Perhaps this thread, with someone who had a similar problem, might have something handy in itl? I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I hope your problem is resolved soon!
It didn't help.I've hit that submit button multiple times and that never changes. I've made my selection and nothing comes up whether I hit submit or not.

Blythe

You did read Vekseid's post in that thread, right, regarding the Ons and Offs? He mentions something that doesn't involve the Submit button.

Jag

Just a test, but try clicking the top left box in each section. Let me know when you do. I want to see if that makes anything happen.

Veks said you have to do both.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 6/13/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Nadir

Hold on - Lux, the issue you stated in the OP was you couldn't see yourself in the Players section, right?

I see you there. I suspect some code witchcraft keeps us from seeing ourselves in the player search section. I've never seen my own profile appear in the player-search. 

The second problem is your played-character choices isn't sticking, am I right?

Lux12

#19
Quote from: Blythe on December 23, 2013, 07:25:22 PM
You did read Vekseid's post in that thread, right, regarding the Ons and Offs? He mentions something that doesn't involve the Submit button.
Well I read all of it and I don't know what I could have missed. All it amounts to is make a selection. Two from the same column which basically amounts to click the space or spaces that describes the character/characters you play and who you're interested in. I have already done that.

Edit: Dim: That is correct.

Jag

Say you select dominant male in the first box, you would have to select male to female (or whatever gender) in the second box to make it show up.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 6/13/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Lux12

Quote from: Jagerin on December 23, 2013, 07:59:58 PM
Say you select dominant male in the first box, you would have to select male to female (or whatever gender) in the second box to make it show up.
I repeat. That's what I did. Not those selections exactly, but you get the idea.

Oniya

Maybe there's something borked.  What selections did you make in each section?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lux12

Quote from: Oniya on December 23, 2013, 08:04:04 PM
Maybe there's something borked.  What selections did you make in each section?
Under characters I play, I selected males who submit. Under attraction I chose female, female.

Oniya

So you selected Females attracted to Females? Unless you have something under 'Male attracted to' (for what gender your male characters submit to) or whether your female characters are Dom, Sub, Switch, or neither; nothing will show up
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17