You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 26, 2016, 02:30:56 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: I'm thinking of running for the House of Representatives at Age 25  (Read 444 times)

Offline RubySlippersTopic starter

Its a few years off but I'm already planning to run for the House of Representatives in my area when I turn 25. Why? Well for the money I plan to run a simple campaign when I run with three basic things in my platform:

1. I promise to be utterly honest in I only want the job for the money and all the perks, thats why all others run and they come out of service with millions of dollars so I want my cut.

2. To send all the pork I can into my district that is my main job to put them first and I want them to be happy so they vote for me again.

3. To vote the way the majority want unless its a security sensitive bill so I will post all the bills up in a short form, the people can vote on-line after registering at my local brick & mortar office and whichever way the votes go I will vote that way. Democracy in action! (I will caveat that for twelve votes a year to trade for favors and power but be honest about that up front, so I get what I want money and power which I can trade to get more pork maybe so everyone wins again.)

I won't give my opponents anything to attack me on unless being too honest is a problem they might say I'm only in this for the money. I'll reply that so are you so why not be honest about it. And since I really don't care about the issues beyond making the majority in my district happy then what is the big deal?

I think it could be the most innovative approach ever tried in politics vote for me because I get what I want, I will send every dollar I can in pork to the district maybe in small requests in most cases but they will add up and I will vote the way the local people want most of the time. Everyone wins.

At least the campaign should be interesting to run and would be grass-roots so I might hit up a local office to get a name before hitting the big time, maybe the City Council?