I'd like to write a story inspired by this picture:Story Outline:
A beautiful, well educated and sophisticated woman of Earth awakens to discover she has been transported to the starkly magnificent wilderness of a barbaric and primitive world. Hunted by hideous beasts and cruel barbaric men she is rescued by a great brute of a warrior. He is no less the primitive barbarian the others were, but he is victorious and doesn't consort with monstrous beasts who walk like men. The great brute claims her for his own, treating her as nothing more than a slave despite her privileged background. She should despise him, but discovers he fulfills some secret fantasy of hers to submit to such a man. On the journey through the dangerous wilderness to his home she learns what it is like to be the only slave of a mighty and virile warrior.
When they reach his home city she is not surprised to discover he is a famed captain and war leader, but now she is one slave amongst many in his palace and has to share his attentions or serve his men and guests at his whim. An enemy of his plays upon her unhappiness and she is unwittingly tricked into aiding and abetting an assassination attempt. Unaware it has failed she is stolen by this enemy as part of the plot and sold in a small slave market where she won't be recognised or known. Or she flees in the confusion and is captured as an escaped slave. So begins her unwilling exploration into the various types of slavery a beautiful girl can fall into on this strange and magnificent world. She will be bought and sold and discover what it is like to serve cruel masters and mistresses, weak ones and as a public slave with no true master. She might serve as a tavern slut for anyone willing to pay the extra charge for her use or a feast slave to be used to sexually gratify any or all of the client's guests or as a traveling bard's slave and may more.
Eventually she comes to the attention of the colleagues of those her first master battled to claim her. They still seek her and if they find her she may discover exactly why she was brought to this world. Other parties want her too, if only to thwart those her brought her here or discover their purposes. Her first master survived the assassination attempt and hunts her too for revenge for her part in it. He doesn't know she was tricked and his intentions towards her are not pleasant.
Can she survive being a pawn in these plots and can she convince her first master of her lack of complicity in the plot to kill him? Will he discover that his anger at her betrayal is not just because she was one of his possessions, but that his affections for her were deeper than the usual master/slave relationship. The sense of betrayal was far greater and deeper that it might otherwise have been. It should all come to a head in a climatic ending.This is a story in three parts or acts. Act 1 is where she learns about this new barbaric world and herself as a submissive who wants to serve a strong master. In Act 2 she discovers her place in the world as just another slave, albiet a highly desirable one. Finally, in Act 3 her specific purpose in this world is revealed as is the powerful feelings her first master has for her and the risks and hardship he will endure to have her back.The Setting:
The setting for this story is inspired by the Chronicles of Gor by John Norman, although with a few caveats. This is not meant to be a Gorean Roleplay or be anything to do with the Gorean Lifestyle. Just that I like the premise of another world without modern technology where slavery is widespread as an erotic roleplay setting and Gor fits that nicely. The first six or so books I enjoyed a great deal, but after that they descended into a series of repetitive misogynistic male supremecy rants that were both cringe-worthy and intellectually bankrupt. Finding the few decent nuggets of writing and creative world building was very hard work. That said I would like the setting to contain significant elements from the Gorean Chronicles:
- The idea of another Earth-like planet where humans have been imported from Earth and are the dominant sentient lifeforms, but not the only ones.
- This world is far more primitive and dangerous than Earth with technology suppressed and animals that are far larger and aggressive than modern day Earth.
- There is a secretive interstellar race of vast power that protects this world from external threats and has laid down rules that sentient beings must live by or be destroyed. The main four rules are:
- a) No use of non-muscle powered energy systems except for a few basic exceptions such as wood fires and the water wheel. Obviously, this means no guns, explosives or steam and internal combustion engines, but is more restrictive than Gor. There are no crossbows or catapults either and weapons are effectively restricted to swords, spears and the bow.
- b) No body armour, adding an additional lethal element to fighting and war.
- c) Man is the custodian of nature and the wide scale destruction of the environment will be severely punished.
- d) There is to be no worship of Gods or other deities.
- Society is naturally conservative as a result of living in fear of breaking the Laws all must live by.
- Slavery is widespread and accepted, largely an economic response to limitations on alternative power sources.
- The basic political entity is the city state modeled on the Greek polis. The lack of effective non-muscle powered siege technology has meant it is difficult to overwhelm a walled city.
- The environment is wonderfully unpolluted and pristine away from the cities.
- Technology is at the level of Iron Age Earth with some notable exceptions such as farming techniques and hygiene where ideas from Earth have had a major influence.
- Strength of arms allied with courage is paramount in such a primitive and dangerous world.
- Honour and the acquisition of glory are of far greater importance than wealth. With no religion or afterlife it is only a man or woman's name that lives on.
- Human sexuality is considered to be a natural thing and not something to be ashamed of.
- The kidnapping of humans from Earth in small numbers has been continuing for thousands of years and most are brought as slaves.
The exact details of the world can be brought to life through the development of the story.Seeking a writing partner to take on the role of the sophisticate woman of Earth suddenly transported to this barbaric world and subjected to a complete and inescapable slavery. Someone to explore the world through the eyes of woman kidnapped from earth with no place or status and subject to events largely beyond her control. A woman who learns to love this magnificent world and her place as a submissive slave in it.
I would love a writing partner who can play a more balanced submissive character rather than one the two extremes of a spitting hellcat who needs to be broken or the immediate and complete surrender. Both are great in their own way, but I'd like something different here. A character who might surrender and beg one night, but finds a little strength to continue resisting the next day although the final outcome is in no doubt. I'm looking for someone who can write with a more nuanced approach and not use every minor conflict to include additional drama and dramatics. This also applies to other aspects of their personality. Just because someone is naturally submissive doesn't mean they are all sweetness and light, particularly with fellow slaves. They might be NPCs, but they are competition for the favours of masters or mistresses and no one gets on well with everyone.
The last thing is that I have flagged the story up as Bondage and Discipline rather than BDSM. I fully expect there to be floggings, spankings and suchlike, but primarily as punishment not for sexual gratification. It would remove the discipline aspect if the pain provides a thrill rather than a salutatory lesson. Getting off on the fact a master will make clear boundaries and enforce them is different.
I hope I haven't put too many people off.