FAQ about Sapporo--this information is good flavor for the RP:
* It's home to the Sapporo Breweries Limited, and they make a world-famous beer.
* Sapporo hosted the 1972 Winter Olympics, the first ever held in Asia.
* Sapporo has a Yuki Matsuri
, an annual Snow Festival, which is very popular with tourists. It's held for seven days in February; Odori Park, Susukino, and Tsudome are the main sites of the festival! An International Snow Sculpture Contest has been held at the Odori Park site since 1974.
* They have famous white chocolate biscuits called shiroi koibito
. It's also the birthplace of miso ramen, and it's known as Sapporo Ramen more often than not. They also have a lamb barbecue dish called jingisukan. It's known for Haskup, a type of edible honeysuckle similar to blueberries. Sapporo is also known fresh seafood such as sea urchin, salmon, and crab!
* The Sapporo Concert Hall Kitara is the main musical venue in Sapporo, located in Nakajima Park in Chuo-ku. It is home to the Sapporo Symphony Orchestra!
* Sapporo is home to the Sapporo Clock Tower (Sapporo Tokeigai
), a popular tourist attraction. It's a clocktower built with Western architecture, and it's a popular tourist spot.
* It's home to Hokkaido University, which is north of Sapporo Station. It's one of the top seven universities in Japan, one of the National Seven Universities, which were established as the best national higher education or research institutes!Typical Climate of Sapporo:
Sapporo has a humid continental climate, and there is a wide range in temps between summer and winter. Summers are generally warm but not humid, and winters very cold and rather snowy. It is one of the few metropolises with a heavy enough snowfall to warrant it's own snow festival.
This RP will start during the Winter