You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 02:27:09 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: For Old-School Gamers!  (Read 734 times)

Offline AviTopic starter

• I'll show you how to soar.
  • On Hiatus
  • Enchanter
  • Flying by the seat of his pants...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
For Old-School Gamers!
« on: July 13, 2008, 03:04:57 PM »
I found this guy on Youtube recently, and I just figured I'd share it with all of you.

http://youtube.com/user/concordat

Search for Star Fox under his videos and you'll find what I'm talking about.  He wrote commentary for each level in Star Fox 64, and a lot of it's pretty good. :D  Enjoy.

Offline Billy Pilgrim

Re: For Old-School Gamers!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 01:28:04 PM »
Dude, Star Fox 64 is awesome! I loved playing that game, will be sure to check this out. Did you ever play Star Fox 2 for SNES? It wasn't released at all, but some people dumped a ROM version of it which was pretty interesting. Features from Star Fox 2 were brought into the DS Version of Star Fox, if you played that.

Offline ZK

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 01:41:40 PM »
Star Fox is awesome. Another awesome fact is via the storyline, Star Fox and crew age, a rare thing for Nintendo based franchise. Another thing is that it's also connected in storyline instead of vague things, like Legend of Zelda or Super Mario.

Offline Billy Pilgrim

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »
Trying to figure out how the story fits together though with each of the games gets confusing, so I just try to think of the games as individual stories so my brain doesn't explode.

Offline Chat Noir

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 04:40:40 AM »
Star Fox 64... Old School?

I suppose it's 2 generations old now.

I consider SNES old school because I never had one (no matter how bad I wanted one). Star Fox was one of my first games ever for my N64. Still one of my favourites.

Offline Kazae

• Seina's Intellectual Whore, Silver's Enigmatic Quandary
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Serious Fucking Business
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 12:03:33 PM »
It's Middle School, to me...XD

Well, technically, that is an apt statement, as I got mine in the 7th grade.  The N64 that is... <_<;

But I also loved the original SNES StarFox, and the rom dump of StarFox 2 kept me entertained for ages, when I finally got a hand on int.  StarFox 64 was great, but I haven't had the opportunity to play any of the later ones in the series...

Offline Le RandomBloke

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 12:23:12 PM »
Since this is for Old-school gamers; oughta try watching Angry Video Game Nerd's video's. (/Angry Nintendo Nerd)