You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 06:40:02 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Humanoid robot astronaut goes to the ISS station  (Read 310 times)

Offline gaggedLouiseTopic starter

• Quim Queen | Collaborative juicy writer
  • Champion
  • Enchanter
  • Bound, gagged and unarmed but still dangerous.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Humanoid robot astronaut goes to the ISS station
« on: August 04, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »
Kirobo the Robot

Really interesting, I think the guys who designed this are right that it's a milestone, if Kirobo works the way it's supposed to. It doesn't just speak and recognize faces, eyes and so on, it's also supposed to be able to build recognition of human emotions expressed in movements, facial expressions and voice tones. The point being to prepare the ground for a future when ordinary people would be interacting more and more with humanoid robots and internet/remote-guided hologram figures, and these moving in the physical world among us, not just in games and on pc screens. There are already experimental, talking hologram persons to be seen at a few airports to provide assistance with machines, directions and so on. And the potential military or service uses of "robotic people" would be plain for anyone to see.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 08:37:02 AM by gaggedLouise »