You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 06:18:47 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Gingerbread House (All Welcome - Open Rp)  (Read 20663 times)

Offline tarasalem

Re: The Gingerbread House (All Welcome - Open Rp)
« Reply #650 on: August 09, 2016, 05:25:21 PM »
Tara jumped as someone came to the entrance to greet her, but was quick to relax once she realized it was just some woman. Hesitantly, she closed the pocket knife and slipped it back into her pocket, giving the stranger a hesitant smile. "Um, hi. Sorry to intrude like this. I got lost out there and just sort of ended up here. This cottage... Do you own it or something?" She asked slowly. Looking inside, it seemed rather empty, yet cozy at the same time. A curious place, but not at all as horrifying as she had been expecting.

Offline LadySinister

« Reply #651 on: August 09, 2016, 09:55:06 PM »
"Nah, I don't own it. Just found it like this." Cressida looked at her phone. "About twenty minutes ago, actually. It's surprisingly clean...How did you end up here?"

Offline tarasalem

« Reply #652 on: August 09, 2016, 11:06:01 PM »
She had just found it like this? Well that was odd. "And nobody else is here...?" She mumbled, glancing around curiously. She stepped further inside, looking around and taking in her surroundings. When she was asked how she got here, Tara tensed and glanced over awkwardly. "Wh-Who, me?" That was a stupid question. Who else would it be? They were the only two here. "Just, um... H-Hiking!" She stammered out, straightening up. Well, in a way that had been the case, but there was always more to a story and Tara's story was particularly intricate. She found her gaze wandering for some sort of change in subject before her eyes landed on a deck of cards on the table. Looking closer, she came to realize they weren't just any deck of cards. "Are those tarot cards?" She asked with a mild interest in her tone.

Offline Violett

« Reply #653 on: August 22, 2016, 11:39:21 PM »
Violett entered the room and sat in the chair nearest to the coffee bar. She smoothed her pleated pink skirt as she sat on the bar stool. As she looked around, she noticed that the room was void of "No smoking" signs, so she reached into her clutch bag and pulled out a pack of Marlboro lights and a black lighter as well as her compact and deep red lipstick.
She lit the cigarette and looked around for protest, but saw none and took a deep drag, then opened her compact and pursed her lips and opened her mouth to check her lipstick. She rustled her blonde hair and crinkled her nose, playfully sticking her tongue at herself. She had learned to be patient with life and to have fun at the same time. She looked up as the barista approched, a handsome young man in his twenties with a five o' clock shadow and an apparent gym membership.

"What will you be having today ma'am?" He asked.

"Well, I assume you aren't on the menu, so I guess I will have a medium size dark roast with cream and sugar."

She took another drag off her cigarette and he placed an ashtray in front of him.

Online RampantDesires

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Goddess of Code ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • As reason clouds my eyes with splendor fading
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #654 on: November 20, 2016, 03:30:34 AM »
"We're almost there ...everyone calm down... NO BITING!"

There was much rustling, rattling, thumping, even a growl as she wrestled the door open.  The large basket in her arms shifted alarmingly to the left, but a quick series of dancing hops to the right got her back on track, a nudge with her heel closing the door behind her along the way.

"There, we made it!" With a flourish she put the basket on the table nearest to her, pulling off the blanket which had been draped over it to reveal a bevy of furred faces and lolling tounges. "Hello darlings!" Making small cooing sounds she dropped a rain of kisses upon upturned heads, helping them make their way out of the basket and onto the floor where they could roll and run off some of their excess energy.

That done she fished out a sign from the bottom of the now empty basket, frowning at one corner which had clearly been gnawed upon.  Ahh well, nothing for it now.  Humming to herself she carefully placed the sign in the window.

Puppy Play Time!
Everyone Welcome!
Proven stress relief
Daily dose of cute
FREE!!

Online Chaelrishe

« Reply #655 on: November 25, 2016, 09:25:39 PM »
The front door of the cozy old house creaks open, a soft, round face framed by long black ringlets poking in curiously. Dressed in a plaid sweater vest and circle skirt, white stockings and buckled shoes, a rotund and androgynous figure steps tentatively inside, carrying with them a basket covered in red checkered cloth. They start slightly as a puppy goes running past, quickly followed by several more. Thoughtfully, they approach one of the comfortable couches near the fire and take a seat, taking from their basket a large white mushroom, cleaning it up with a small brush and taking an appreciative bite.

What a nice place. There's so many other people here, so I guess it must be open. If I'm lucky, they might have some wine to go with these...

Offline Blythe

« Reply #656 on: November 25, 2016, 09:45:02 PM »
Ah, it's been ages, Bly thought as he returned to this place. It had been too long since he'd visited the Gingerbread House. He'd missed it, honestly. It was a lighthearted sort of place where it was easy to come and go with general ease. And someone was here! He was surprised to see them as he opened the door somewhat after they'd already arrived. He was dressed in a black trench coat, a sporting top hat, sable slacks, and at his hand was his trusty cane with a small silver falcon on it. Coincidentally, the cane had long twirling stripes not unlike a candy cane.

He tipped his hat to the newcomer, hoping not to surprise them too unduly, and he said, "If you're looking for anything, I might be able to help you find it. I'm Blythe, and it's a pleasure to meet you...." He hesitated, leaving the question unspoken, but the silence was essentially a quiet request to know who this newcomer was in this house he shared with so many fine people of Elliquiy!

Online Chaelrishe

« Reply #657 on: November 25, 2016, 11:01:57 PM »
The newcomer was slightly surprised to see someone approach them, and so soon. He was such a dapper man, and with such a graceful manner. Suddenly, in spite of themselves, the newcomer felt awkwardly underdressed. They self-consciously smoothed out their skirt, taking a moment to swallow their bite of mushroom before speaking.

"Tibithy," they said, offering a small smile. "Tibithy Bergenfeld. The pleasure's all mine. I'm sorry to just walk in. I only just found this place and it seemed so warm and inviting, I thought I would just take a peek inside. I hope I'm not imposing on anyone. I'm afraid all I've got with me at the moment are mushrooms... and those will be much better sauteed with a little olive oil."

They took one from the basket and held it up in offering.

Offline CutiebyNight

« Reply #658 on: November 26, 2016, 12:28:40 AM »
Rachel entered the building, wearing a thick coat complete with a short skirt and thigh-high striped stockings. None of these things went together, though that was Rachel all over. She took the olive oil from the newcomer without even taking note of what it was. "Dibs."

Taking a seat on the floor with it, she examined the item. Shaking her head, she got back up, and gave it back to the stranger. "Undibbed." Then she sat back on the floor, whistling nonchalantly.

Online Chaelrishe

« Reply #659 on: November 26, 2016, 01:12:14 AM »
Tibithy blinked slowly, staring at Rachel in silence, wondering mildly at the circumstances that could produce such a person.

Is that the kind of place this is? Maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

"Would there happen to be a kitchen in here?" Tibithy asked generally, no much minding who answered, still glancing curiously at Rachel's stripes. "It's getting close to my lunchtime, and a cooked meal would really hit the spot, especially on a chilly day like today. I'll make it myself, of course. I have most of what I need. Don't worry, I'm willing to share."

Stripes. I think I'd look good in striped stockings. I'll have to remember that.

Offline CutiebyNight

« Reply #660 on: November 26, 2016, 03:54:59 AM »
Rachel, completely ignoring the comment about food and kitchens, instead chose to zero in on the stranger's attentions towards her legs. Or rather, the stockings that covered them.

"Hot Topic. You can order them off Hot Topic." She grinned, however, quite fond of any attention. "Thank you kindly for leering at my legs. Quite an ego boost for me."

She crossed her long slender legs, then shrugged. "No one really owns this place, I don't think. Just stumble around. You'll find where you need to be eventually. And don't be so polite... unless you genuinely like being that way." She stretched herself out, laying her back against the floor. "Politeness only gets you so far in life. If there is a Twinkie in the pantry, it's mine."

Online Chaelrishe

« Reply #661 on: November 26, 2016, 04:07:27 PM »
Rachel, completely ignoring the comment about food and kitchens, instead chose to zero in on the stranger's attentions towards her legs. Or rather, the stockings that covered them.

"Hot Topic. You can order them off Hot Topic." She grinned, however, quite fond of any attention. "Thank you kindly for leering at my legs. Quite an ego boost for me."
Tibithy gave a little sigh and nod of understanding, although they weren't entirely certain that they did understand, and made a mental note for later. In truth, Tibithy loved horizontal stripes, but generally avoided them for the sake of others. Maybe now was the time to loosen up.

"Well, you do wear those well," they said. "Of course, I'll own I've never had legs like yours."

She crossed her long slender legs, then shrugged. "No one really owns this place, I don't think. Just stumble around. You'll find where you need to be eventually. And don't be so polite... unless you genuinely like being that way." She stretched herself out, laying her back against the floor. "Politeness only gets you so far in life. If there is a Twinkie in the pantry, it's mine."
"I'll be sure to save it for you, then," Tibithy said, puzzling mildly at this philosophy and getting up to explore the house. "I take it this isn't the kind of place where people fry those, or I'd offer."

They went around to the kitchen, setting down the basket and laying out its contents on the counter.

"Politeness has its uses," they mused, warming up a frying pan and laying a white mushroom out on the cutting board. "If you give it to others, you usually get it back. Well, usually. That's the risk of investment, right?"

A chop and a pour later, the kitchen was full of the smell of sizzling mushrooms. Tibithy sighed contentedly, taking a seat on the stool by the stove. On a whim, they checked the pantry, finding there nothing less than a solitary Twinkie. They pursed their lips and quietly shut the cabinet again, resuming their seat as though nothing had happened.

Who keeps just one Twinkie? It seems I have a lot to learn about this place.