You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

February 22, 2017, 02:39:06 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
Issue 73 ~ February & March 2017

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Has anyone played any good video games lately?  (Read 44273 times)

Offline TotesRider

Re: Has anyone played any good video games lately?
« Reply #1200 on: October 12, 2016, 03:39:30 PM »
Dragon Quest Builders is pretty radical so far.

Outside of that I started a game that I forgot I had bought from a steam sale earlier this year called Party Hard and it's pretty fun honestly. Basically think Hotline Miami where you need to kill EVERY MOTHERFUCKER mixed with Hitman in which you can't get caught. It's tough as nails but kinda silly in a fun way... like a bear will show up now and then to be the DJ and you have to kill him as well.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Offline Sara Nilsson

« Reply #1201 on: February 02, 2017, 07:40:23 PM »
A few games I feel I should recommend to you all :)

Cute Demon Crashers. It is a free visual novel with an emphasis on consent in sexual encounters. You can say "can we stop" at any time but other then the naughty part it is a fun game. And it is free, was made for a gamejam (https://sugarscript.itch.io/cute-demon-crashers)

Seduce me otome. Another free visual novel. Really cute and loving story about a young woman who finds a whole swarm of incubi suddenly living with her. (http://store.steampowered.com/app/367120/)

So if you like visual novels or just want to see what the heck they are about, I can recommend those. Specially as they are free ^^

Offline Ceretraks

« Reply #1202 on: February 15, 2017, 08:37:26 PM »
Dragon Quest Builders is pretty radical so far.

Outside of that I started a game that I forgot I had bought from a steam sale earlier this year called Party Hard and it's pretty fun honestly. Basically think Hotline Miami where you need to kill EVERY MOTHERFUCKER mixed with Hitman in which you can't get caught. It's tough as nails but kinda silly in a fun way... like a bear will show up now and then to be the DJ and you have to kill him as well.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I remember seeing a stream of Party Hard and the twitch integration made it even more interesting. Basically the chat can vote on the next event and usually the chat voted for the biggest jerk move at first, only to try and play nice after the player had enugh failed runs that they wanted to go on. It's a pretty decent game even without (though the voice acting ain't it's strongest part).

And to not make my sole contribution a reply to a months old post, I have been binging on Final Fantasy XIV lately with some friends and man, for an MMO that games pretty good. The story has its ups and downs but it gets better as the game progresses (and even has the occasional cutscene that just screams Final Fantasy in the best way. Hell yeah multi-story jumping, blocking sword hits so strong they send things flying, etc). For a while I basically played it for the story even. The setting is fairly fleshed out and it's fun how after slaying a few giant, aether fueled monsters people actually start treating you like a hero. The gameplay is pretty fun too, not having to create new characters to try out classes means I can do some experiment and stuff like the "duty roulette" where you can essentially sign up to join a random person looking for a group for a dungeon in exchange for some pretty good experience points means that you will quickly get into even the optional dungeons or the early ones. And the game's pretty funny too at times, the amount of puns or references in questnames and such made me groan in appreciation a couple of times.

On the non-MMO front, been also getting into Kerbal Space Program again. Maybe this time I will actually send something to each and every planet and moon and not just make a bunch of stations and such in preparation for it :V

Offline Kono

« Reply #1203 on: February 19, 2017, 11:02:10 AM »
Final Fantasy XV, the hype is still there. I did play the demo for Nier Automata so I'll probably give that a Gamefly shot.

Offline CaptainNexus616

« Reply #1204 on: February 19, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »
Finished Uncharted 4 up yesterday. I was so pleased with that game on so many levels. It was a great cumilation of combat, story, graphics. It was practically what I have wanted out of the PS4 era. Instead of constant remaster of previous gen games with slightly better resolution for the price of a brand new game.

Offline mackehnry44

« Reply #1205 on: February 20, 2017, 08:29:29 PM »
Yeah, Car Racing I played last night. Actually I enjoy car games a lot.