After going through the game, I've made a few changes to the premise. The most significant change is that this no longer takes place on the ISS, but on a fictional station called the COLAB, or the Commercial Orbital Laboratory. This station was recently completed in low Earth orbit by the corporation Orbital Sciences. It's functionally identical to the ISS -- a habitable space station in LEO that is used for scientific experimentation -- but is owned by a private company on earth, crewed by commercial astronauts and scientists, and allows for more freedom on my part for making the game realistic. The second change is that the game takes place in the year 2019. That's mainly for internal consistency, and shouldn't have any real impact on you guys.
A few notes on character creation and background info:
- This takes place on the COLAB, in the year 2019. For the most part, assume the world to be the same as it is now. There have been no major catastrophes or geopolitical upheavals, but technology has progressed somewhat, so you can make of that what you will.
- Your character is an astronaut, so take that into account. They likely had a career in their country's Air Force, or a similar organization. One way or another, they were involved with aeronautics for a large part of their life. The alternative is that they're a scientist; instead of the flight experience, they are extremely proficient in their discipline, and are onboard the COLAB to perform experiments, sponsored by a wealthy entity.
- The game starts 56 days after the characters arrive on the COLAB.
- The COLAB, like the ISS, is mainly up there for SCIENCE!!-- er, ahem, science. Your character is up there to keep the station running and to conduct scientific experiments the owners of the COLAB send you. If your character is a specialized scientist, they may be overseeing their own investigations. Be creative with this.
- I'm hoping you'll make a realistic and believable character. Realism is a major part of this game. It's not meant to be a hindrance, but rather a tool to encourage suspension of disbelief and creativity.
- Take your time with your character. It'll be at least a week before I really look at it, so don't feel rushed. Ditto with the writing sample, as that will probably be one of the things I look at closest if I get 3 or more applications.
- Ethnicity, gender, and other inherent traits are entirely up to you. Since Orbital Sciences is a private corporation, nationality is not relevant like it was with government space initiatives like NASA.
[b]DATE of BIRTH[/b]:
[b]PLACE of BIRTH[/b]: [If country of birth differs from CITIZENRY, elaborate]
[b]NEXT of KIN[/b]:
[b]APPEARANCE[/b]: [Please attach photo or likeness (.jpg or .png, no larger than 2gb). Photo or likeness must accurately represent the individual and be no older than six months.]
[b]BIRTHMARKS or SCARS[/b]:
[b]OTHER NOTABLE MARKS or TRAITS[/b]:
[b]OFFICIAL OBSERVATIONS[/b]: RESERVED: DO NOT WRITE HERE
[b]PERSONALITY[/b]: [Informal summary]
[b]CRIMES[/b]: [Note: List all, even those not resulting in a conviction]
[b]ADDICTIONS[/b]: [Include any and all substance or mental addictions suffered, past or present]
[b]OFFICIAL PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM[/b]: [Note: No input required. Please Attach Fitness Evaluation Form A-5 to dossier. If desired, you may summarize the Form here]
[b]ADDITIONAL NOTES[/b]: [If needed]
[b]CURRENT PHYSICAL ILLNESSES[/b]:
[b]CURRENT MENTAL or PSYCHOLOGICAL ILLNESSES[/b]:
[b]PHYSICAL, MENTAL, and EMOTIONAL SUMMARY[/b]: [Note: Informal Summary]
[b]PHYSICAL FITNESS REPORT[/b]: [Note: no input required. Please attach Fitness Evaluation Form A-2 to dossier. If desired, you may summarize the form here]
[b]VACCINATIONS[/b]: [Note: no input required. Please attach Vaccination Form A to dossier. If desired, you may summarize the form here]
[b]WRITING SAMPLE[/b]: [Upon leaving Earth, you endured a two day shuttle flight as you accelerated to match the COLAB's blistering 30,000 km/hr. As you dock with the station, you see the smiling faces of the men and women you'll be replacing gazing at you through the airlock's viewport. Yours is a 6-month stay. In those last few minutes before the airlock is safe for use, you have a precious moment of peace. What are your thoughts? What do you look forward to, what do you dread? Is the the pinnacle of your life, or just one more step on the road? When that airlock opens, what will you say to the people inside?]
There will be more info soon, but now at least you have the template.
Have fun guys :)