Game Links:The Uncanny X-Men (OOC Chat)The Uncanny X-Men (Interest/Character Approval)The Uncanny X-Men (List of Assets)The Uncanny X-Men (List of Notices, Canon)The Uncanny X-Men (Headmaster's Office)
To me, my X-Men!
Welcome to Phantom Pistoleer's The Uncanny X-Men
, a free-form forum game on good ole' E! Please kick your legs up and peruse to your heart's content. I hope something stirs the imagination and compels you to join.The X-Men
Players will be free to select from existing X-men or choose to create new X-Men. The X-Men are composed of a coalition of mutants of all races, genders and ages; it is possible to create an X-Man who is still a student. In fact, it will generally be assumed that all created characters are students, while all existing characters will not be. The X-Men will operate out of Xavier's School for the Gifted, and the setting will be in the modern day, but not actually canon. The game's independent canon will be established by the players.
The format for character submissions will be simple. Indeed, I've always preferred the structure of the 1993 Marvel Collectible Cards.Taken X-Men
Phantom Pistoleer: Wolverine, Head Master
AribethAmkiir: Rogue, X-Man
kckolbe: Banshee, X-Man
Ebb: Colossus, X-Man
Batman: Iceman, X-Man
Characters being worked on: Storm, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Alt. Reality Jean Grey
- Players are expected to get along in the OOC.
- Players are expected to not God Mode*.
- Players are expected to be considerate of their character's powers in relation to the powers of other characters in game.
- Players will be solicited by the GM for the purposes of story and action -- i.e., the GM will create prompts between characters that can be acted upon.
- Players will maintain a similar posting frequency with those they are playing with.
* On the topic of God Moding, I would like to state categorically that I will not tolerate it. However, I generally feel that my perception of God Moding is far different from other players. A lot of people believe that God Moding is when a character is powerful.
However, that isn't quite true. God Moding occurs when one player doesn't ask another player's permission when it comes to harming their characters. It also occurs when a person plays out another player's character for them. Since the game requires predetermination in combat, players are allowed to develop characters with truly vast power arrays.
Character Bio Sample: Feral Mutant: WolverineReal Name:
James HowletteGroup Affiliation:
X-Men, X-Force, AvengersHeight:
Sabretooth, Hellfire Club, Magneto, Weapon XNickname:
- Regenerative healing factor
- Superhuman senses, strength, agility, stamina, reflexes and longevity
- Adamantium-laced skeletal structure
- Retractable adamantium-laced bone claws
- Elongated and sharp canines
- Master martial artist, spy, swordsman, samurai and tactician
- Highly intelligent, fluent in various languages
Savage, unpredictable, unstoppable -- all of these words describe the man known as Wolverine. He is without a doubt the most formidable member of the X-Men, and, some would say, the most loyal as well. His razor-sharp claws and his ferocious attitude make his enemies think twice about crossing him-- and those that do cross him rarely get the chance to repeat their mistake!Wolverine's Social Web:Rogue:
Respect, Difference of OpinionWyldecat:
Regret, ResponsibilityLady Luck:
Fearful (of what her presence might do to the school), SympatheticColossus:
Goofy Younger BrotherDruid:
[floatleft][img width=400]IMAGE ADDRESS GOES HERE[/img][/floatleft]
[color=blue][size=18pt][b]DESCRIPTION: CODE NAME[/b][/size][/color]
1. Charles Xavier went missing approximately two weeks ago. The X-Men have scoured the earth looking for him, with no luck.
2. Dracula, the Lord of All Vampires, has abducted and transformed Jubilee into a Vampire. Dracula and his Vampire Minions seek to wage war against the X-Men.
3. The X-Men are being closely monitored by the American Government, and their relationship with the Avengers is strained.
4. Wolverine is the Head Master, and this is a point of contention among some senior members of the X-Men, like Banshee.
5. Captain America has asked for Rogue to be turned over to The Avengers for her assault on Carol Danvers, a.k.a. Ms. Marvel, which occurred years ago.
6. Lady Luck is the newest member of the X-Men, having joined just two weeks ago.
7. Lady Luck is viewed as a highly sought-after commodity by members of the organized crime community; she is wanted by numerous cartels, and a huge bounty has been placed for her capture.
8. It is not widely known yet, but at the time Professor Xavier disappeared, Cerebra was badly damaged. Investigation by Beast seems to reveal that it was hacked, then damaged to cover up the attempt. It is not known what information was taken.
(All players will be asked to add one GM prompt!)The Communal Canon:
1. Banshee is a long-time serving member of the X-Men, and served as an instructor to many younger X-Men when he didn't have his powers. Students trained by Banshee include ... (ADD YOUR CHARACTER TO COMMUNAL CANON #1!)
2. After discovering Xavier's disappearance, Rogue and a group of X-Men, including Banshee and (2) other members
followed a lead into the mid-west where they found and rescued several students, including (2) students
but failed to find any trace of Charles Xavier. (ADD YOUR CHARACTER TO COMMUNAL CANON #2!)
3. Rogue has undertaken a more active position at the school as the women's dorm den mother.
4. On a tip from Spider-Man, Wolverine, Colossus (2) other X-Men
extracted Lady Luck from the clutches of the Kingpin, in a rare battle between the X-Men and organized crime. (ADD YOUR CHARACTER TO COMMUNAL CANON #4!)
5. Colossus led a training mission of several X-Men students, including (3) students
into the sewers beneath New York, expecting little opposition. They battled a pair of supercharged Morlocks who seemed to possess some strange dark energy. The fight ended in stalemate, both Morlocks escaping. (ADD YOUR CHARACTER TO COMMUNAL CANON #5!)Child of the Atom
Mutants are segregated into four distinct power categories, detectable by Cerebra.
No real powers or basically just superficial ones, but still clearly a mutant (such as blue skin pigmentation)
Minor or Moderate but very limited power (such as winged flight).
Moderate power(s). Most X-Men fall into the Alpha level (Wolverine, Colossus, Beast all fall in the Alpha level of mutation).
Major power(s), usually both affecting themselves and others and normally in a dynamic array. (Iceman, Professor X, Elixer). The Xavier Estate
Remotely located at 1407 Graymalkin Lane in Salem Center, just outside Century Station, the foundation of the mansion dates back to the 1700's and has always been in the Xavier family. Built on the edge of Breakstone Lake by Dutch ancestors, it is now publicly known as the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, a respected private school with a highly limited enrollment. In general, the mansion above ground is for public use and public observation. All attempts have been made to preserve the historical and architectural integrity of its above ground structure. All levels beginning at basement sub level A are for X-Men use only and specially authorized non X-Men personnel. This is, of course, for security reasons. The mansion has been rebuilt and expanded several times in the last few years with a mind toward personal comfort, space and security.
Though as the true nature of the mansion is more or less public knowledge, and there are only a couple hundred mutants left on the planet, privacy has become a moot point. The mansion has been destroyed and rebuilt many times, via funding by the various independently wealthy members of the X-Men (Frost, Xavier, Worthington) and others. Its most recent destruction gave birth to entirely new look and layout for the mansion proper, though the classic style remains the same. Much of its sub-levels contain technology that can be found nowhere else on the globe, incorporating tech from alien races and even the future, retro-engineered and integrated with original inventions crafted by some of the best minds on the planet. With the combined financial bolstering of their extremely wealthy members, their extremely gifted engineers and inventors on the team, their connections to various outside resources, and having team members from distant high-tech futures, the X-Men are rarely at a loss for resources, especially when on Mansion grounds.
The Mansions most vaunted features are of course the Danger Room, the War Room, the Blackbird hangar (which now houses three modestly armed, super-modified, hyper-sonic, stealth planes), and the Cerebra Chamber. The Mansion itself is only the central point of the Xavier Estate which in itself it quite massive (not to mention the extensive underground cavern networks). The Xavier Estate is owned by Charles Xavier.Blackbirds
For many years, this was the X-Men's main mode of travel throughout the world. Originally built by Lockheed Martin, the Blackbird has always possessed Mach capability as well as Stealth ability and Vertical Thrusters. Professor X somehow gained at least one working version of the limited-run, advanced model RS-150 Blackbird from SHIELD after the Stratojet had been destroyed by Count Nefaria. Soon after the X-Men acquired this 7-seat version of the Blackbird, it was upgraded with Shi'ar technology and given a cloaking device. In the following years, it was rebuilt and remodeled by Forge. Needless to say, they have gone through many of these jets with time, and the newer ones have been created and modified by Forge to have even greater capability. The craft is intended to be a trans-sonic transportation device that can carry all current members of the X-Men plus several passengers. The Blackbird is equipped to fly long-duration, high-altitude reconnaissance missions and shorter trips, as well as to any climate. A mission specific add-on pod can be equipped for several pre-planned or exotic mission scenarios. It is also outfitted for battle with several offensive systems stations which control the built-in laser guns. There are now currently 3 Blackbirds in service with the X-Men, one for each of the field teams. F.A.Q.Is the game first come first serve as far as picking canon characters, or will you take the best application?
The game doesn't require writing samples. We are all here to have fun. However, players without a strong writing background are asked to create new characters instead of assuming the roles of canon characters.Finally, are you going to limit players to a certain number of characters?
Players are permitted to assume one canon character, and more than one character created character. However, be respectful to the gender ratio, and to other players.Can I play a female canon if I am male, and vice versa?
I don't see why not.