You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 08:14:25 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Blue Moon VS Elliquiy  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Guyver0335Topic starter

Blue Moon VS Elliquiy
« on: July 01, 2013, 12:27:23 PM »
I recently saw a post that mentions a website called Blue Moon Roleplaying which from what the post I saw it's run by the same people(person) that runs Elliquiy. My question is what's the difference between the two?

Offline Aadreal

• ~Tasty Evil~The Sweet Succubus~Naughty Witchfinder of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo~
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Taking a break from E.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Blue Moon VS Elliquiy
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »
From what I undersrand Blue Moon was at risk of dying and Veks took it over.  Something technical like losing servers or something.  They do not have an application process.  Once you confirm you are 18 you are in.  I looked through it once before finding E and it scared me to be honest.  But that was just ke.  From what I've been told it just has a very different vibe."Smut is more important than the writing" is what I was told. That person could be wrong. *shrugs*

Offline Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 01:06:03 PM »
From my understanding, Blue Moon isn't as well moderated as Elliquiy. I could be wrong, mind you, because I am not on there.

Offline AlphaWolfQuin

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »
Personally I use both sites and I found Blue Moon first. As for the smut being more important then writing just like every site it depends on the writer themselves not the site as a whole. There are differences yes but I find I enjoy both sites equally and I enjoy my writing partners on each site equally I just enjoy writing and making friends and in my opinion both sites have been able to give me that and that's what matters to me most.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 01:20:36 PM »
Alright cool, I've always liked E over other Roleplay sites. I just wasn't sure if this sister site was just as good as this one or what the deal was.

Online Batman4560

• Elliquiy's Dark Knight. Always willing to write with someone and welcoming new writers to come to him with ideas.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • I have one power, I never give up.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 01:37:39 PM »
I am a member of both and to be honest, I have found much more success here than on Blue Moon. Blue Moon has a few really great writers on it and they are willing to help you get better but because there is no app process, I have found there are alot more...umm...jerks on that site as well. I suppose that you can have that on any site but I only stay on that site for two players.

Online Peripherie

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 03:00:21 PM »
I have been a member of both. Like some before, I first joined Blue Moon and then came over to Elliquiy. I stopped using Blue Moon for a few reasons, one of them being that I have a hard time splitting my attention between two communities. :P

From what I remember, privacy is also different on the two sites. (Though true privacy online is getting pretty hard to come by these days.) On Blue Moon all but one forum for roleplaying is open to guests/the general public. And then, anyone can sign up to look at the private forum. On Elliquiy most of the roleplaying forums (except the Non Adult Sandbox and most, if not all, things in that left column) is blocked for viewing from the general googling public.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:10:11 PM by Peripherie »

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 08:02:36 PM »
Good point Peripherie, who wants the general public reading our Roleplay's.

Thanks for the info all.

Offline Water Lilly

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 08:21:54 PM »
I'm registered over at Blue Moon, but I've never really been active there.  I went because a friend asked me to join a game he runs there, but then he dropped out of circulation, so I never bothered to go any further.

I prefer E for a whole load of reasons, most of which have already been mentioned.  But a big one is aesthetics.  E has clean lines and is organised.  Blue Moon...well, there are no limits on the size of avatars and the like, so it always looks jumbled and messy to me.  It used to give me a headache just browsing a thread!

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 10:02:22 PM »
I dimly recall mention that playing by Private Messages is hugely popular on Blue Moon.

Online Batman4560

• Elliquiy's Dark Knight. Always willing to write with someone and welcoming new writers to come to him with ideas.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • I have one power, I never give up.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 10:52:46 PM »
It is but there is a limit to how much you can have in your box and things get lost real fast there.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 08:24:33 AM »
From what I undersrand Blue Moon was at risk of dying and Veks took it over.  Something technical like losing servers or something.  They do not have an application process.  Once you confirm you are 18 you are in.  I looked through it once before finding E and it scared me to be honest.  But that was just ke.  From what I've been told it just has a very different vibe."Smut is more important than the writing" is what I was told. That person could be wrong. *shrugs*

What happened was, Elliquiy had a major competitor known as darker roleplay, the technical admin of which wasn't capable of handling a large site. So it crashed and burned. Multiple times. Since it had major cultural differences in comparison to E, having them banging on the gates here was not going to end well.

After another major crash, I offered to host Blue Moon as a de facto replacement for DRP. Eventually the founder lost interest, I let Darkangel76 and Hahvoc Requim run the place now.

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 09:52:55 AM »
Since it had major cultural differences in comparison to E, having them banging on the gates here was not going to end well.

This would be the international equivalent of creating a country to keep refugees away.  I love it. 

Offline Formless

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 11:43:49 AM »
This would be the international equivalent of creating a country to keep refugees away.  I love it.

I think it's a good idea for a group game. ::)

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 11:48:30 AM »
Wow.  I think you're right.

Offline Formless

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »
I might join if it ever made it past the planning phase. xD

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 01:44:44 PM »

Works better in cyberspace - no actual land for people to get moved into or out of, and then get cranky about who belongs where.