You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 12:09:34 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: A Giant Gold Cookie Goes Missing, Sets Off Monster Investigation  (Read 176 times)

Offline Spookie MonsterTopic starter

A Giant Gold Cookie Goes Missing, Sets Off Monster Investigation

Authorities here are busy trying to take a bite out of crime.

For the past several weeks, police have sought to get to the crusty bottom of an unusual kidnapping -- one that involves a giant, gold-plated cookie and ransom notes from a shaggy blue figure who has mockingly claimed responsibility for the abduction.

Michael Thomas / Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung
An alleged thief who goes by the name 'Cookie Monster' taunted the company in this image.

This is how I can prove that I didn't do it: A ransom note was received demanding that Bahlsen, cookie manufacturer and legal owner of the golden cookie in question, "donate 1,000 to an animal shelter and cookies to children in a local hospital."  Fine.  However, the note specified, "But the [cookies] with milk chocolate, not the ones with dark chocolate and not the ones without chocolate..."

But what about those children who are allergic to chocolate, HMMM?  I would have demanded some chocolateless cookies for them.

The defense rests.

It seems as though the cookie might very well have been retrieved ("Police are now investigating a golden cookie that turned up last week hanging on a red ribbon around the neck of a horse statue in front of the city's Leibniz University..."; I mean, come on), but Bahlsen are going to donate a heap o' cookies anyhow -- 52,000 packages of cookies to 52 charities.  Very cool.  (I haven't heard anything about a donation to an animal shelter, unfortunately; if anyone hears anything about that, please let me know.)

Spel

What in the world can you do?