Anne of the Thousand Days [VAN] - A bit of a twist on the history of Tudor England.
Ever the hard-to-get woman, Anne Boleyn grew up in the courts of France, groomed as a lady-in-waiting that any Queen would be glad to have. The younger daughter of Sir Thomas Boleyn, she was called back to England when her father began to gain favor with Henry, the King. Installed as one of Queen Katherine's ladies at court, she joined her sister, Mary, who already shared the King's bed. As Anne began to charm the court with her wit and beauty, so Henry's attentions cooled to both his lady-wife and Mary Boleyn, who was sent home to Hever Castle in disgrace.
This would be Henry and Anne's story.Deus Vult [unrated]
On a research trip to the Middle East, a college professor travels around the major battle sites of the Second and Third Crusades, despite the distinct feeling she is being followed. This is a feeling she has had every time she has been in the East, and she has learned to ignore it. Nearing the end of her travels, she heads to Cyprus to catalogue the final holdings of the Templars during the Crusade and the burial place of the last King of Jerusalem. On arrival at Lefkosia, she is abducted by a group of men, and awakens in the tomb of King Guy of Jerusalem, with a man looming over her. Amor Vincit Omnia [VAN]
The unforgiving shores of the British Isles are at once dangerous and breathtaking. So much more so for a young woman who travels there alone, with a history she isn’t sure if it is safe to forget or remember.
(Akin to my old Firelight story, but that can go many ways in negotiation.)Sweetbriar [VAN]
Thrust into a world of beauty and luxury, an orphan girl finds that beauty is not always what it seems and as the walls of the world crumble around her, she finds love in the unlikeliest of places.
General fantasy (in the vein of Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones)
Historical (Ancient, Medieval, Renaissance, Victorian)
Steampunk (including the Bioshock universe)
(And my old request thread that I am totally ok to play more of.)Historical Settings I Enjoy:
Tudor England, Renaissance Italy, Crusades (England, France, Holy Land), Ancient Rome, Ancient Egypt, Regency England/Empire France/Revolution era (Colonial) America, Romantic era, Victorian era, 1920s-1930s AmericaThemes I Enjoy:
Lost/Forbidden love, Ghost stories, War, "Alternative" history, Reincarnation, Adultery, Incest, varying degrees of BDSMPlease reply in PMs, and not here, as this will be where I update my musings.
Now the plots...
1. The Lion and the Rose
- Rating: Up for grabs
- Plot: The king is dead. Long live the king. The kingdom in chaos in the wake of the old king's death, the heir to the throne must find a queen to bear his heir, and keep political ties secure. Possible incest (negotiable).
- Setting: 1500s England (stylistically), fantasy
- Looking for: a male character (the new king)
2. I Will Find You
- Rating: Light
- Plot: A shameless romance. Looking for a very stylistic feel and the star crossed lovers feel of Romeo and Juliet, though I am no Shakespeare, or a bit of a Cinderella story.
A young woman of no great means (perhaps an orphan or a maid) is thrust into the strange world of the London (or Paris) scene--larger than life balls and parties, chivalrous young men and beautiful young ladies--out of her element as she is told at the last minute that she must try and fit into the world of satin and crystal. Terrified, she is dressed in finery and set loose at a ball where she knows no one and certainly nothing of the finer points of city living. There, while trying to stay out of the way, she befriends a man who seems to be as out of place as she. At the end of the night, she leaves him to return to the life she normally leads, and he to his.
The story would take place a few years later, when she is a little older and wiser.
- Setting: Romantic era England or France
- Looking for: a male character
3. Firelight...is Just a Memory
- Rating: Light to NC
- Plot: Life is difficult in times of great distress, especially for those who haven't the means to survive on their own. Such is the lot of a young woman, the only child of a man not so frugal with his money. The man, landed in debtor's prison, cannot work the land surrounding the farm, and the parcel is being foreclosed. A gentleman of great means is in want of an heir, which he is willing to contract for. Arranged by solicitors, they meet at a secluded, secret place to protect their privacy and his social standing (for she has none). Her convalescence is arranged once she is known to be pregnant, and a proctor hired by the gentleman assigned to the girl. It was a simple trade--the child for a living, and a promise to never come looking for the man or child.
Six years as a governess to the same family, and the girl has been notified the child she has been tutoring has had an offer of marriage and that her services will no longer be needed. They arrange for her references to be distributed, and she is hired by a household on the rough shores of Wales to care for a rather difficult child while her father tends to business. It is not said what the father does, or of the whereabouts of the mother, which scarcely made a difference. It was a situation, and she would be well provided for.
- Setting: Romantic era to Victorian era
- Extra Notes: I plan to insert diary entries into this story, to give insight to the young woman's feelings. I would love to see someone willing to let the Lord share his own in a similar manner, but it is not required for the story, just something different.
- Looking for: a male character; a long term, literate writer who is familiar with the flow of period romances and is willing to stick with me