You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 04:43:15 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Who cosplay?  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Funguy81Topic starter

Who cosplay?
« on: March 20, 2013, 09:33:40 PM »
Hey there. I just did my first attempt at cosplaying at a local convention, and I found it was actually pretty fun. Meeting new people in different costumes.

So the question I ask you, if you could cosplay as something...who or what would you be?

Offline CmdrRenegade

Re: Who cosplay?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 09:38:51 PM »
What was your cosplay?

I might also have to answer who I've been so far since I picked this up.  I've been Roronoa Zoro from One Piece, Kohta Hirano from High School of the Dead, and Sky High from Tiger & Bunny.  I want to be Commander Shepard most of all right now.

Offline mayovagn

• Pope of the Erisian Paratheo-Anametamystikhood
  • Liege
  • Addict
  • Location: I am a loony, a mental, a weirdo, a crazy and a freak. I dwell in the head spaces of the mad and wallow in a pool of my own insanity.
  • The Epistle of the Paranoids
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 12:09:45 AM »
I would have to go as Orac from Blakes 7...

*Smiles*

M.

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 01:36:11 AM »
I would have to go as Orac from Blakes 7...

*Smiles*

M.

But he's just a little plastic box.

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 01:42:16 AM »
I cosplay. Generally it's OC characters, but sometimes I'll cosplay canon characters (It's really rare though)... Usually my Canon cosplays are Female Martial Arts Turk(FFVII: Before Crisis) and Yuugao Uzuki (Naruto)

Online RampantDesires

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Goddess of Code ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • As reason clouds my eyes with splendor fading
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 06:06:07 AM »
I never go to a convention without my Kaylee (Firefly) costume.  Its so freaking comfortable not to mention adorable*nods sagely*.  Cosplay is a great icebreaker I've made some pretty awesome friends through it.  Makes me wish I were more handy (or at all really) with a sewing machine.  It is absolutely amazing what people can recreate.

My 'dream' cosplay would have to be the red leather Mord-Sith costumes from Legend of the Seeker.  So freaking badass, detailed, and sexy without showing skin. 

Offline Spell

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 09:08:16 PM »
I cosplay as well. Usually as Gideon Graves from the Scott Pilgrim universe

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 09:15:33 PM »
I am assembling a Harry Dresden costume.. I WAS going to wear it at Megacon.. but it was heavy and it's a LONG LONG walk around.. so I'll be wearing it at Ancient City Con

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »
I am assembling a Harry Dresden costume.. I WAS going to wear it at Megacon.. but it was heavy and it's a LONG LONG walk around.. so I'll be wearing it at Ancient City Con
OH MY GODDESS! I want pictures of that :D Dresden is amazing!

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »
Me and the wife are doing Umbrella Corps army cosplays at Sakuracon next week.  I'll have her upload pics to the wiki when we get them.  I also have links on Fetlife and Facebook.  If you do want to see them just PM me and I'll be more than happy to add you on either site.

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 10:34:02 PM »
Me and the wife are doing Umbrella Corps army cosplays at Sakuracon next week.  I'll have her upload pics to the wiki when we get them.  I also have links on Fetlife and Facebook.  If you do want to see them just PM me and I'll be more than happy to add you on either site.

Hey! Your Golden's hubby! I'm supposed to Meet you guys :D

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 10:44:19 PM »
Hey! Your Golden's hubby! I'm supposed to Meet you guys :D

That would be me.  I do believe that is the plan.

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 10:47:42 PM »
That would be me.  I do believe that is the plan.

Mmm I'll see what I can manage, either it'll be the red gown you see in my avatar (most likely), or... my Dr.Who OC... depends on who I'm around... but I'll likely wear the red dress... now if I could only get my hair to like me enough to be poofy a bit... XD

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 10:49:15 PM »

Mmm I'll see what I can manage, either it'll be the red gown you see in my avatar (most likely), or... my Dr.Who OC... depends on who I'm around... but I'll likely wear the red dress... now if I could only get my hair to like me enough to be poofy a bit... XD

That is cool, being comfortable is all that maters.

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 10:51:10 PM »
That is cool, being comfortable is all that maters.

Comfort isn't the object with me, more like... who will I be hanging out with the most...during my short amount of 'me time' at con XD I'm working both nights of con... from 8pm to 8am XD As a Shift Coordinator for all the AV gear...

But yeah, either way... that red dress is one of my favorites, but I have several Dr.Who cosplayers who are like "NUUUU you HAVE to do this! Join us! JOIN US!" and I'm going... *shoulder sag* fine...

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 10:57:44 PM »
Comfort isn't the object with me, more like... who will I be hanging out with the most...during my short amount of 'me time' at con XD I'm working both nights of con... from 8pm to 8am XD As a Shift Coordinator for all the AV gear...

But yeah, either way... that red dress is one of my favorites, but I have several Dr.Who cosplayers who are like "NUUUU you HAVE to do this! Join us! JOIN US!" and I'm going... *shoulder sag* fine...

Honestly you should do what you want.

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 10:59:44 PM »
Honestly you should do what you want.

LOL, The Archivist is a character I want to do... but the problem lies in the fact that last year... when I showed up as her... and spoke to a few people... I was completely ignored at the photoshoot, even by the couple of people who knew me. No one went "Hey, wanna join us for some pictures"... I ended up getting shoved to the side, and ignored. So I figured "She doesn't stand out enough." But now I have a group of cosplayers, who want me to join THEM. Sarah Jane, 10th Doctor, 11th Doctor, and two Jack Harkness...

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 11:19:04 PM »
LOL, The Archivist is a character I want to do... but the problem lies in the fact that last year... when I showed up as her... and spoke to a few people... I was completely ignored at the photoshoot, even by the couple of people who knew me. No one went "Hey, wanna join us for some pictures"... I ended up getting shoved to the side, and ignored. So I figured "She doesn't stand out enough." But now I have a group of cosplayers, who want me to join THEM. Sarah Jane, 10th Doctor, 11th Doctor, and two Jack Harkness...

I'm sorry people where rude like that, but it is good that this year you have people that want to do photos with you.

Offline SweetSerenade

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 11:20:12 PM »
I'm sorry people where rude like that, but it is good that this year you have people that want to do photos with you.

MMHMM, It also depends on the weather, what people wear. You guys will be lucky, there is a huge RE cosplay group at Sakuracon :D

Offline Stella

• The Girl Who Waited, Marquess of Pembroke
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ever fancied someone you know you shouldn't?
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 01:45:19 AM »
I cosplay as well. Usually as Gideon Graves from the Scott Pilgrim universe

That is a seriously awesome cosplay subject!

Offline Funguy81Topic starter

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 09:50:21 PM »
Wow...that was quite an exchange. I would have responded sooner to the first reply, but I been busy as hell. The I cosplayed as an imperial guardman from star wars.

Offline Ephiral

• The Firebrand Logica | Gender Ninja | Their Toy
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Location: In between the lines, outside of the law, underneath the veil
  • Carpe diem per sol delenda.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 07:11:08 PM »
Not yet... but soon, hopefully. I've been trawling the Internet looking for decent designs for Rescue from the Iron Man series... and come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to somehow piece my own together. Getting increasingly nervous about this.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 07:15:08 PM »
After Sakuracon I am to begin working on my Gears costume, Halo and Warhammer as well.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 07:18:40 PM »
But he's just a little plastic box.

Mr. Oniya is currently threatening to work up a Dalek cosplay to balance out the abundance of 9th, 10th, and 11th Doctors that we saw this weekend.

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 08:16:07 PM »
Mr. Oniya is currently threatening to work up a Dalek cosplay to balance out the abundance of 9th, 10th, and 11th Doctors that we saw this weekend.

Don't make me break out my sonic screwdriver!