You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 09:42:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Looking For Writing Partners For Long Term Stories ~ *~ Aislinn's Musings  (Read 580 times)

Offline AislinnTopic starter

• Enchantress of Éire, Local Avatarmonger & Leprechaun Ninja Extraordinaire
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • The Poet's Muse
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Welcome to my humble musings thread! Please put your feet up and get comfy....

I'm looking for generally male partners to write one on one in various different settings. I will freely admit that I am not strong in the 'idea' department. It's just never been my strong suit. Once I'm given an idea, the muse starts flowing more freely and I can help someone flesh out the idea.

I enjoy writing female adventure-type characters with various types of weapons training. I have pretty strong skills in writing combat and would enjoy finding someone whose interested in writing adventures. Of course, there is the possibility that over time, the stories could turn towards a more romantic theme and that's okay as long as it suits the story and isn't two posts into it.

I am...extremely adaptable to most ideas. There will be some that don't appeal to me. Nothing personal...but if it's something I'm not interested in, I will be a horrible writing partner.

I've been writing for over 15 years in this capacity and am capable of writing long, detailed posts. I do have standards when it comes to writing partners so I'm asking for only serious people interested in maintaining a long term role play to contact me. I encourage prospective partners to take a look at my current work. My portfolio is always linked in my signature. My reply rate will vary with the seasons but generally I try to get in one reply a week...or perhaps more if I'm moving faster.

Speaking of interests, mine are varying and wide-spread. I think I can safely say the only thing I wouldn't want to write is any type of system games, anime or heavy bdsm/non-consentual type stuff. The following genres are ones I would have interest writing in:

*Science Fiction
*Fantasy
*Romance
*Adventure
*Historical
*Mystery

My O/O thread is linked in my signature as well as here. There is a lot of information there regarding my tastes. As far as stories go, I'm not interested in a huge amount of smut. Obviously there will be some in most stories and that's fine...but it won't ever be the basis of a story for me. I like detailed characters and rich, beautifully crafted stories.

~*~ Story Ideas ~*~

Like I said previously, I'm not fantastic at coming up with main plot ideas. I'm more of a detail-type person. That being said, I want to offer something that might allow you a peek into the types of stories I enjoy.

Archeology/Mythology - I could list off a million movies/tv shows/books that illuminate my love of this type of story. The Librarian series, Indiana Jones and the more mythological-based super-hero type stories such as Thor all fill me with so many plot bunnies! Even adding more Stargate-ish elements to it would be fantastic. I also enjoy the premise behind shows like "Warehouse 13" where history and mythology are woven into a present-day storyline.

Fantasy - As a huge "Once Upon a Time" fan, I think it's obvious that I adore the fantasy genre. I began writing D&D type stories at an early age and they are still some of my favorites to revisit. A quest...knights and elves...you can never go wrong!

Historical - I love history and historical stories. One disclaimer I will add in this section is that I don't like to write famous historical figures per say....but I do love using some of their stories with new characters. I feel that this genre allows me to use my skills in research to help fill in tiny little details that make the stories that much richer in depth.

Mystery - I'll admit it. I'm a huge Sherlock Holmes/Agatha Christie geek. I love mystery stories and the added suspense that the genre demands. The more mystery in a plot, the better. =-)

So....some specific story ideas, you say? Let's see what I can do. The one thing I like to mention is that I am, above all else, a collaborator. I find the greatest enjoyment in working out details with my writing partners.

The Princess Conundrum

In a kingdom far, far away....a king looks for a prince to marry his only daughter. The princess, rumored to be spoiled, hot-tempered and chillingly cold to others isn't prime marrying material but the riches to be gained alone draw princes from far and wide. The catch? She has to willingly consent to marry one of them.

I see this story going in a million different directions. There is the opportunity to write several characters since the background story calls for it. The princess herself will be complex and obviously, there are reasons as to why she's not looked upon kindly. What are the secrets she carries with her and can anyone break through the icy exterior to capture her heart? This one is truly a more romantic type story although we can easily add other elements to it.

The Assassin

He lived in one of the most beautiful elven cities imaginable. He was privileged and came from one of the more prominent elven families. What others didn't know...what they couldn't ever imagine...is that he was an assassin.

Being an assassin is all fine and dandy until the day you encounter someone you can't force yourself to kill. She is of lower social status, a piece in chess game she never signed up for. Politics pure and simple...and the next move is her death. But in learning about her, something begins to soften his cold and calculating exterior. The only thing is....he's not the only one whose been hired to kill her.

The Hunger Games Revisited

I have to admit...I love The Hunger Games story! I would love to figure out how to set a new set of characters into a setting such as one from The Hunger Games. It's possible it could be set years before the current stories. I'm not intent on sticking to cannon....I just like the feel of the whole world the story is set in. Perhaps our story will be set in the year of the 'forgotten games' where something goes so wrong that the government doesn't want the public to remember it. Of course this would have to be altered to accommodate for tributes being older to satisfy the age restriction here at E. I'm open to all sorts of suggestions on this story!

Another great idea that can go a million different ways. I love the idea of having conflicting characters whose ideas and thoughts evolve over time.

Thank you for reading!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 06:09:14 PM by Aislinn »

• Enchantress of Éire, Local Avatarmonger & Leprechaun Ninja Extraordinaire
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • The Poet's Muse
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
* Updated content dramatically to include specifics