This is a mystery that I had started with another person Years
ago ... but he disappeared never to be heard from again. And the story has been bugging me to find a conclusion ever since. I am not looking for an exact repeat of the story, because that is just not fair to a new partner. Rather I will be asking for certain key elements to stay the same and then we will weave our own new story around that. Side note: if my old writing partner - whom I did not have the pleasure of meeting here- happens to have found his way to this forum and wants to rekindle the story, I would be elated at the opportunity to write with you again!Background:
The Supernatural Community has be come known and integrated with the rest of humans. A treaty was struck that would protect both of them in the new mingled society. Supernatural beings include, but are not limited to:
Set the Scene:
- Were's or Lycans (not just wolfs, several different animal types, able to change any time, still strongest with a full moon though),
- Ghosts/Ghouls (not really seen/known of often, treaty doesn't even mention them either),
- Fey (seelie and unseelie type fey, not tinkerbell fairies),
- Small Folk (brownies, sprites, etc although still very rarely seen ... has not mixed with the general public much),
- Vampires (no sparkly ones, closer to 'Being Human' vamps with a few changes: can survive in sunlight, but it is very draining and prefer the night life still, can feed on animal blood - human is more tasty and sustaining though --feeding laws have been set up--, not as crazy rapid healing-still quickened though, moves faster than humans too - but not Flash Speed, stakes do not work, decapitation and burning will finish the job though),
- Witches (most are fakes, the rare true ones are usually gifted only in a specific talent or element, but as old magic seems to be waking again more powerful ones are being found).
A series of murders has started popping up around the city, while the victims don't share any connections in life, in death they are all drained of blood and the wrists and neck are pierced or ripped open. At first glace it is assumed there is a new Vampire out of control or a Vampire in a Bloodrage (natural)/Bloodhaze (drug induced), the murders can potentially jeopardize the Treaty if the murders don't stop soon. A special Detective is called from another city to close the case quickly before there is an outcry against the entire vampire or Supernatural community. As the story progresses:
Clues will lead them to find the true nature of the killings
ritualistic killings for a very powerful blood spell
History of the killings
every 60 years the city is plagued with these cold case murders
How many victims and who the victims are
12 total for the complete ritual 6 humans - 2 of which are lycan familiars -strong connection to them, but not able to change or have the extra abilities, 1 Ghoul, 2 Weres, 2 Vampires, & the most powerful Witch in the city
Who the killer actually is
(I am alright this these part changing) A very old liche renewing his youth at the place of his 're-birth'
A visiting Police Special Detective the the Prince or Vampire Leader of the city (fine with a different title of course) has invited to the city close the investigation. He is a vampire that specializes in Supernatural investigation. My character:
A local Private Investigator who is a Witch with a slight gift of foresight. She has no idea of the potential deep spring of magic that she can tap into. Dangerous Fruit:
(A key element)This is a developing dangerous romance. Her scent, her presence, will be intoxicating to him - which he know could be deadly to the subject of his affection if he can not resist the Bloodlust or Rut that is building. He also realizes that this Witch is far more powerful than she realizes and could ripe him to pieces if she wanted to. On the other hand, while she is wildly attracted to the new Detective, she is very aware of the potential physical threat of the Vampire. The story will be heavy plot and tension building between the two befor there is any intimacy ... which I hope will lead to some amazingly fierce exotic lovemaking!
While there is a lot of information here on the plot line and basic character informations, I am hoping for a partner that can help develop more of the mystery (well, mystery to our characters), maybe add some new twists and turns so there is more mystery to us players too, we will both need to write for NPC and 'bad guys' the dynamic duo will face.
Will they find the killer before he finishes the killing spree? Will they get a taste of that dangerous fruit?