- MARVEL APOCALYPSE -
Okay. First things first, I will not be GMing this game (though I am open to the idea of CO-GMing with as many other people that would like to help run the plot - personally, I think all players technically move the plot). The GM/GMs will be primarily to check up on people and help maintain interest. I think having multiple GMs is very important for group games, because if one GM has an emergency, the game can still go on.
The idea for this game is that the world gets turned upside down by an assault from Apocalypse, and a group of heroes must stand up and stop him. There are no set and specific characters to choose from - players can be ANY marvel hero or villain. The characters chosen by players will be alive and active while many key heroes that were NOT chosen by players will have already been killed at the start of the story during Apocalypse first assault. The deaths of friends, lovers, and rivals is a good way to motivate heroes and villains to team up against this super-villain: Apocalypse.
Some of the key rivals of player's characters may also have "sided" with Apocalypse and serve as further motivation and low-range antagonists. Players are free to be on the Apocalypse side as well - though with the restriction of only a couple may do so (just because you choose a villain doesn't mean to have to be a bad guy!). The story will center around the 'good guys' rallying and regrouping to plan a counter-attack to defend earth and defeat Apocalypse (which will essentially be a long-war).
This will be a free-form RP where combat is discussed between players and GMs via PM with the standard restrictions of no god-moding, killing off other player's characters, significantly affecting another player without their consent, etc. Story and plot is the main goal here and everything will revolve around it. (The best RPs have a good story and characters with depth to drive it, the combat and interaction is a by-product of those two main focuses.)
That is the general gist of it, and the details of the plot will be built as players choose characters to play. Original characters WILL be accepted so long as they are not a copycat of some pre-created hero/villain with the requirement that they are tied into to some Marvel canon character's story in some way, shape or form. (If you create an original character explaining this link to the world, your powers, and other pertinent information will be required in a character thread so that everyone is on the same page). Canon character's that have multiple versions (like Jean Grey / Phoenix) will need to be discussed with the GM's as to which version will be used and their power's/limitations.
An important thing to note is that since players may and may OFTEN be engaging each other in combat - try to avoid the high-tier combat characters with ridiculous power (like Galactus, Phoenix, etc). The game just wouldn't be fun if someone picked a character that was pretty unbeatable. Also we may tinker with the idea of Apocalypse assaulting the inhabitants of earth with some advanced bio-weaponry that will help balance out stronger/weaker characters. But again, this is just an interest thread - we'll need to see who is interested and in what characters before we go into details like that.
- Freeform Group RP
- Players can play both Canon and Original characters (limit of two characters per person).
- Players can play as protagonists or antagonists, regardless of hero/villain choice.
- Apocalypse is the main enemy and the majority of the players (80%) will be fighting against him and his evil allies.
- There are two or three GM positions available (which should be claimed by consistent, responsible players who have the time and energy to help maintain the game) - these duties could be anything from motivating players, pushing the plot, and posting important updates.
- This is a Marvel Universe game, and elements of the story will draw from that universe alone.
- Being a part of this game does NOT require an in-depth knowledge of the comics, but familiarity with them definitely helps.
- The posting rate is flexible but no less than one post per week (barring emergencies communicated with the GMs). If you know you're going to be away or posting less than normal for whatever reason, communicate it with whoever you are tagging. Nobody likes to get hung out to dry with their character trapped in a dead interaction.
- Post length is also variable, but try to maintain the flow of the story and give your fellow players enough meat to work with. A two or three paragraph post is fine here and there, but don't constantly plan on posting short and leave others nothing to interact with.
- All standard courtesies apply.
- Please respond below with all inquiries and character interests.
- Choosing characters is a first-come first-serve basis.
- This will be a semi post-apocalyptic world. Where many important cities have been destroyed (this can be discussed by players - specifically those who want to GM and plot out in more detail).
Tenative Cast thus far:
- Veluux as Deadpool
- Vaulera as Magneto
- TheVillain as Nightcrawler
- Kuroneko as Callisto (and/or) Forge
- loislanekent as Storm
- Jmorty33 as Nova
- More to Come