You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 25, 2016, 05:56:29 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Out of the Woods (Jguy and Seara)  (Read 787 times)

Offline SearaTopic starter

Out of the Woods (Jguy and Seara)
« on: May 21, 2008, 08:54:08 PM »
(from his intro thread)

"Why does this stuff keep happening to me?" James said aloud to himself. He cursed when an errant branch smacked him in the face. All around him was trees, trees, and more trees and he was horribly lost. How did he get lost in the woods you say? Well interesting story that. He was camping with a large group of people, most of which he thought were his friends. He went to bed for the night and when he woke up he was deep in the woods, all alone except for a sleeping bag for company.

"They could have at least left me my shoes," he said to himself. All he wore was some sweats and a T-Shirt because it was still early spring and the morning were cold. He stepped lightly, trying to avoid any sticks or sharp stones that may still lie under the dead leaves. The group seemed to be extremely dedicated to the joke because he couldn't even fight any footprints around him to show him the way back to the campsite. For the last hour he had been wandering around the woods, lost.

He thought he saw a break in the tree line and he ran towards it. He had to cover his eyes when he passed the tree line, the sun suddenly blinding. When he rubbed the spots out of his eyes, his eyebrows rose in mild surprise at what was before him. A small pond shimmered in front of him and a old fashion cabin was on the shoreline. He made his way towards it, hoping that someone would help him.

Re: Out of the Woods (Jguy and Seara)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 08:54:37 PM »
Amelia sits in the cabin alone, she sits by the fire place knitting, her long nimble fingers making quick work of the yarn as it is slowly formed into a sweater. She sings softly to herself to keep entertained. It had been so lonely since her sister left her to her self here. But the animals kept her company, she wondered why they were so quiet today. Putting the knitting down she runs her fingers through her long blond tresses. She would have to quit for now, too much knitting made her fingers cramp and she was starting to get hungry anyways. She thought about what she had in refrigerator, remembering that she still needed to run into town sometime this week to get some supplies.

Standing she stretches, she is not as young as she used to be, at the age of 33, she could definitely tell the difference from her early twenties, walking out to the window her cool green eyes swept her little clearing. Waiting for the deer to come and gather as they usually did in the late afternoon, but there were none in sight. Her brows furrowed together, there was something different, she just could not point it out.

As he ran into the clearing she was shocked, not many traveled this way, she had only ever seen one or two wander onto her property. Her hand went automatically to the 22 pistol that she kept by the door. If he wanted trouble she would make sure that she was ready.

Stepping out onto her porch, the pistol plainly in view, her stature is petite she couldn’t stand more then 5’ 2’’, her one hand on her hip the other holding the gun to her side, and she is slender but she gives a stern look to him, shouting so that he can hear her “What do you want here?”

Offline Jguy

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 09:09:47 PM »
James froze mid-step at the exclamation. He turned to the voice and his eyes widened in surprise and shock. A rather homey, yet still attractive, woman stood on the porch, glaring at him with a pistol visible in hand. He did what most people would do in that situation, his hands shot up in the air in the traditional sign peace.

"I'm sorry, but i seem to be lost. I was out camping with some friends and they pulled a prank on me, leaving me stranded in the forest. I've been wandering around for over an hour, trying to find my way out. If you could point the way towards town I'd greatly appreciate it. If it isn't too much, do you have some spare shoes or perhaps some gauze? I think I've cut my foot on something." He stood, favoring his left foot. Apparently his rush to get to the clearing had caused him to miss a sharp rock.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 09:38:29 PM »
Amelia softens and clicks the safety back on as she sees he is injured, but she does not move to put the pistol back in the house, just incase it was a trick. Tucking the pistol in the back of her jeans , she walked towards him “Oh goodness, you are hurt. Let me help you inside, get that cleaned up, I have a truck I can drive you back to town.”

Walking over to him she lets him lean on her if he wants to. “I am sorry for the gun, I don’t get visitors out here and a girl has to protect her self from people who would want to harm a woman who is alone.” She looks up to him, she hates to see anyone in pain. As they walk she wonders how people get lost so easily, she never goes anywhere without a compass. He must be from the city, a person who lived in the woods would know better then to wander off. “Why don’t you have any shoes on?”

Offline Jguy

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 09:47:14 PM »
He was thankful for the support as the two slowly made their way towards the small cabin. James did his best to keep off his right foot as they walked.

"Thank you for your help and I understand, sad as the fact may be." He chuckled a little when she asked why he had no shoes and he shook his head. "My so called friends played a prank on me. We were camping and I woke up in the woods with just my clothes and sleeping bag. I guess they didn't deign to leave my shoes. I just thank God I don't sleep in the nude." He chuckled once again, trying to make light of everything.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »
She carried the weight he put on her easily, living alone she did hard labor on a daily basis, whether it was chopping wood, or having to try to haul a injured animal onto her l-cart. She did not let the animals around her go untended when they were hurt. “That wasn’t a very nice joke; your friends do not sound like they are very nice people.”

As they reached the porch she opened the door, although the outside looked rather old, the inside was decorated nicely, there was a watercolor above the mantel of a deer drinking at the pond he saw outside. There were lacy curtains a chair and small sofa in the living room, the kitchen that adjoined had a small table with some flowers in a vase set in the middle. The place was spotless, she took pride in her house and kept it neat as a pin.

She helps him move over to the kitchen chair, bringing the other around for him to set his foot on. She walks back into the living room taking a pillow to prop his foot on, she went over to what looked like the pantry, and grabbed her small medical bag. She went and got a small bowl of water and towel, working very fast and efficiently. “Now lets take a look at that injured foot”

Offline Jguy

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »
He let her work on his foot in silence. Thankfully it just felt worse than it really was, a small, sharp rock jabbed into his foot and got stuck. It was easily removed and she began to clean the injury. He pondered over her words to him as she worked.

" could say that," he said in a subdued tone. He looked out the nearby window, trying to organize his thoughts. How to explain that he was only friends with them because he just wanted people to talk to? Sure they were jerks at times, especially now, but at least they paid attention to him. He shook his head of those thoughts, finding himself getting too gloomy all of a sudden.

"Again, I thank you very much for you help Miss," he said with a wide and kind smile.