You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 02:28:41 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Time?  (Read 454 times)

Offline BitterSweetTopic starter

Time?
« on: October 14, 2012, 12:37:12 PM »
I can't seem to get my time to show up correctly. I'm Pacific Standard Time (west coast us) which should be GMT -8 but... it's never right for me.  And, if I do manage to get it corrected, will other people's posts show up in my time or in theirs?

Online Lilias

Re: Time?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 12:47:21 PM »
You can change forum time through your profile (Look and Layout > Time offset). Unless you do so, everything shows in server time, which is GMT-6.

After adjustment, all timestamps appear according to your own time settings.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 02:19:36 PM »
I do have my time set at GMT -8 and the time is shows on my post is like ... 6:20 am, when it's actually 12:20 pm here.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:21:02 PM by BitterSweet »

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »
Oh wait - I changed it to GMT-2, to adjust for the base timezone the forum is in and I think I've got the correct time now.

ETA: that's correct.  That isn't very clear on the layout - that you need to adjust to inlude the forum base time.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 02:28:56 PM »
Just went to look at this myself, and it doesn't actually say 'GMT-2' - it specifies 'offset' and gives what the current server time is as a guideline.  I also just noticed an 'autodetect' link next to the input box, which also worked nicely.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 03:05:37 PM »
If at first you don't succeed keep changing the number until it works?

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 03:19:07 PM »
I assumed offset from GMT 0, which has been usual in other forums I've been on (since, for example, I had no idea what timezone the forum is based in).  When it auto-detected, it did give me -2 but I (also incorrectly) assumed that when I saved the change it would should the accurate time in the example near the box - but that's a fixed example that just shows how the format would look, not the actual time.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 03:36:07 PM »
It seems there are several methods sites use for setting time and if you have a suggestion, since our owner is working on new programming you could include that in the Feature Request Thread.

We love hearing your ideas. :-)