You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 07:45:34 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: When is a game Extreme?  (Read 372 times)

Offline AndyZTopic starter

When is a game Extreme?
« on: August 11, 2012, 01:24:31 PM »
Would a zombie horror game with no sex count as extreme if there's blood and organs everywhere but not in a sexual way?  Or does it have to be stuff like bestiality and vore to get you the Extreme category?

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: When is a game Extreme?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 01:48:54 PM »
I found this description in the One-Shots forum (I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere, though)

Extreme - A category for gore, guro, vore, bestiality, and other elements that might gross out even those who enjoy bondage and/or non-con.

(Emphasis mine)  So, yes - if you've got body parts flying around on a regular basis, and think it might put someone off their lunch, you might be best off tossing it in Extreme, even if there's no sex involved.  (That just sounded wrong, didn't it?)

Offline Myrleena

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 01:59:55 PM »
Once or twice I've put a game in Extreme even when I didn't expect a game to go that far, but when it could go that far.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 02:05:03 PM »
If you've got a reasonable expectation that it might, that's not a bad plan.  You don't have to plan that far in advance, though.  If you realize that a story is crossing the line into a higher category, staff is more than happy to shift it to the right place (It takes at most a minute to make the switch, and you don't even have to update your links!)