You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 07:54:13 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Word Help (I feel silly)...Resolved (still feel silly)  (Read 393 times)

Online JagerinTopic starter

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Black roses and Hail Mary's can't bring you back.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 20
Word Help (I feel silly)...Resolved (still feel silly)
« on: August 09, 2012, 12:48:21 AM »
I have to put together a lobby cleaning checklist for work since the lobby is my 'area' of the store. The store manager wants me to use 'official terms'. Sadly, I can't think of the right word for this specific area. It's an entryway. A small room that leads from the outside into the inside. It has a rug in it. It's really bothering me that I can't think of this word, yet I hear it daily at work when we tell people to clean it. I know it starts with an 'F', but I can't think of the stupid word. >.<

Can someone help me?

EDIT: Resolved. Thanks, Veks.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:55:25 AM by Michi No Sora »

Offline Vekseid

Re: Word Help (I feel silly)...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 12:51:34 AM »
Foyer?

Offline Chelemar

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 12:53:10 AM »
I think you got it in one Veks. :)

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:54:39 AM »
That's it! Thank you!

*snuggles Veks*

I hate that we have to be all official now that we have a new store. The store owner came in and asked me for the 'Line Bar and Pen'. I just stared at him like a moron. Turns out that a 'line bar' is our official term for the damn paper that we have the daily schedule on and he to look at it and have a pen to make some marks on it. >.<

Offline Chelemar

Re: Word Help (I feel silly)...Resolved (still feel silly)
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 12:57:29 AM »
*hugs*  It wouldn't be so bad if everything that was officially re-named made sense, or had at least some guide to follow.

Been through that any time a company got taken over by another. 

It will get easier!

*huggles* 

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Re: Word Help (I feel silly)...Resolved (still feel silly)
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 01:02:38 AM »
Exactly. Why not just call it the 'Daily Schedule'? That makes more sense than 'Line Bar'. I argued with the store owner for about 10 minutes over pieces of wood and what to call them. He called it 'wood lattice'. I told him that it was a 'wood latter' because lattice was like crisscrossed and what not, but these are just pieces of wood stacked above each other with small spaces between them on each end (it's a latter). We eventually agreed to disagree (but I'm right and he's wrong)...my final checklist is going to say 'wood latter' on it and I hope he sees it. >.>