You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 23, 2016, 04:49:18 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: CastleStory!  (Read 491 times)

Offline BCdanTopic starter

« on: July 28, 2012, 12:55:38 PM »
So there is a new game that just started up its Kickstarter yesterday and already it has nearly 300% funding.  Ive been watching this game for a long time and think it looks awesome. 

Heres a video from a few months ago of their first demo!  I think this game is going to be the next Minecraft. 

Castle Story - first demonstration

Offline Kimhi

Re: CastleStory!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:18:31 PM »
Aww that is awesome.  I remember running across this a couple of months ago when I was looking the Unity engine up.  Was actually one of the reasons I decided to try and make a hobby out of game development.  Really inspiring.  Definitely putting in for this - Thanks for sharing it!

Offline BentNikki

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 06:07:23 AM »
This is kind of exciting, looks like a lot of fun! 

I'll have to look into its kickstarter, or keep up with dev diaries.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »
Just 69 hours to go! *giggle*

I donated so I can get the full product.  Looking forward to the beta later this year.

Oh yeah, that kick starter was kinda successful. 

Offline Aiden

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 11:28:06 AM »
/kickstarted it, this game looks fun!

Offline DarkSideofThinking

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 12:02:07 PM »
just wwatched the video and the first impression I had was that I thought of it as a mixture of two games. First quite obviously mincraft but second a game I know froma a long time ago. Something like Air Normads? Can't remember correctly but maybe someone of you knows it too. Basically it was a game about flying islands which could move and you could direct them. there were also a lot of things you could collect to build later on your island. For example defence towers for battles against planes and other islands. You also had a character who could move around the island and jump to others if reachable etc.

so yeah this game kinda reminds me of that. But it really looks nice for a bit of fun in the minecraft genre (not even sure what genre that is)

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »
All backers now receive a hug! Only 14 hours left!