(This is my first attempt at posting a roleplay idea, please be kind.)
The new world...
Many changes were prophesied for the year of 2012, including the end of the world. While many people were surprised that the world did not end or undergo catastrophic climate changes as foretold, the big shock came more slowly and subtly.
Bit by bit, new races were being born into the world. Varying species of elves, orks, dwarves, and trolls were popping up in 'normal' households. At first, society had no idea what to do with these 'mutations' and budding families were beginning to fear having children at all. It was not only physical mutations that were integrating into human society, but also perfectly normal looking and healthy people discovering varying magical ability.
Human society was already in an uproar when the first dragon was sighted. After a brief earthquake in Japan, a large dark creature was spotted flying alongside the Shinkansen bullet train in Tokyo. It appeared for only a few moments before disappearing into Mt. Fuji. Months passed without a sighting of the creature or any others like it, but later that year, a minor earthquake was recorded near Cherry Creek Lake in Colorado.
What emerged from the Rocky Mountains stopped traffic and had witnesses suspended in awe for the better part of that autumn day. A slew of news crews arrived to see what appeared to be a blue dragon carefully examining a vintage convertible Ford Mustang. The giant creature had literally picked up the vehicle to turn it end over end in his study of it. Meanwhile, the owner of the car was having a bit of a breakdown due to the trauma of seeing the dragon, claiming to hear a voice in his head and repeating 'Dunkelzahn'.
Over the next 60 years, much was discovered about the dragons through various means. They possess enormous magic ability and are able to take human form so as not to appear terribly frightening, as well as for convenience sake since they are rather large in their natural form. It was also found that the great dragons cannot speak, but communicate telepathically. However, only metahumans (those with magic ability and of the new races) can 'hear' them. But underneath all the scales, claws, and wings, the dragons have unique personalities, just as humans.
It has been some time since the world changed and the dragons came out of hibernation. There have been advancements in some areas of technology and the shape of countries has changed. Megacorporations are said to rule the world now, but there are still a few home grown businesses and neighborhoods. Many have integrated into humanoid society and some have even gone on to become quite famous as being movers and shakers in world politics, megacorporations, and cultural affairs. But metahumans are still not fully accepted by many normal folks. They are often faced with prejudice that varies in scale. Many things have changed in the new world, yet some have remained the same.
Please be aware that the dragons do not speak, they communicate telepathically. This is not by choice on their part; they are physically unable. They are magical creatures and many of them do take human form to ‘walk among the masses’, though some others refuse to ‘lower’ themselves to the level of humanoids. In dragon form and human form, they come in many sizes, colors, personalities, magical abilities, etc. They’re quite a diverse crowd and may not even get along amongst themselves. Many who take human form and become part of humanoid society have ‘Interpreters’; humanoids who have some magic ability, which makes them able to ‘hear’ the dragons.
Whoever chooses to join me in this epic story is free to play a character of their choice, so long as it fits into the story. Whether it be one of the other dragons or a character entirely of their own creation. It would also be nice if my roleplay partner could help me juggle supporting characters, but it’s not absolutely necessary. There are a great many possibilities for my roleplay partner’s character: Another dragon (as mentioned, either existing or your own), any of the new races or just plain human, magic or non-magic (though having some magic ability will help immensely with communication between our characters), just about any occupation from a law enforcer to a gang member (please choose something that would help the flow of the storyline and not impede communication/interaction between our characters), and so on. It’s wide open for the imagination. I am open to playing with any sex/gender roleplayer and character.
As far as a set storyline, I have none. I want to leave it up in the air for the most part, because writing a story with someone else that I already have planned out wouldn’t be fun and I don’t want to tell anyone what/how to write. I find it more enjoyable when I don’t know what’s going to happen next.
This roleplay idea has been a baby of mine for a few years, based on the dragons of Shadowrun, and I’ve not been able to play it much, thus I am excited about the prospect of finding a partner who ‘gets it’ and enjoys it as much as I do. I intend to play Ryumyo (listed on my OO's) as my main character. The others I play as supporting characters to help the story along. Please PM to contact me.
Metahuman - A humanoid of unique race or magic ability.
Datajack - A cranial implant that allows for a living creature to directly access the internet and computers in general via hardwire in order to 'download' information to the brain.
The Matrix - The name for the newest virtual reality version of the internet.
Awakened - A term for creatures/species of magical ability such as metahumans and dragons.
Megacorporation - A term widely used for the largest and most important corporations around the world. They include, but are not limited to, Saeder-Krupp Heavy Industries Corporation, Ares Macrotechnology, and NeoNET Electronic Technologies.
Metroplex - Large residential buildings owned and operated by megacorporations. Imagine condos on a grand scale. Most are self-contained with on-premesis shopping, leisure facilities, and other living necessities.
Post-hibernation Trauma - Some dragons experience some or all of these symptoms upon coming out of hibernation, the degree of severity per symptom and length varying. Disorientation, temporary partial paralysis, temporary partial memory loss, anxiety, dizziness, fatigue/grogginess.
The Night of Rage - Name given to the event that began on March 16, 2031. The Iranian Ayatollah declared a jihad against all metahumans and Awakened, planning an eradication not unlike the Holocaust during the 1930's and 1940's. Riots broke out during the night and by the next day, many metahumans across the Middle East had been killed. Some of the Great Dragons responded in their own ways.
- Sirrung attacked and destroyed a jumbo jet, which subsequently fell in pieces, damaging a large portion of the city below and many people perished as a result.
- Aden attacked and demolished the city of Tehran, killing the Iranian Ayatollah in the process.
- Ryumyo ceased all of the Yamaguchi-gumi's arms shipments to the Middle East and donated monies to the metahuman families that had been effected by the Night of Rage.
- Dunkelzahn focused the Draco Foundation's efforts on rebuilding the lives and homes of all persons effected by the Night of Rage. He also began an on-going project specifically geared toward providing safe havens for metahumans in the Middle East, promoting equality through schools and workplaces, and disaster preparedness.
The Draco Foundation - The largest charitable organization in the world that supports and promotes equal rights for metahumans. There are many branches of the organization that spread worldwide including, but not limited to:
- Healthy Heart, Happy Heart Project: Providing affordable and sometimes free health insurance to metahuman families and individuals who are unable to obtain insurance through employment or have been denied insurance/employment based on prejudice.
- Providing resources for finding metahuman-friendly residential complexes and employment.
- Establishing safe havens for metahumans in volatile regions of the world.
- Offering scholarships for metahuman students in any field of study and for individuals, metahuman and human alike, who pursue degrees in fields that would benefit metahumankind.
- Offering grants for research into metahuman biology and medicine.
- Political activism in pursuit of having laws passed that will protect metahumans and equal rights.
- Media involvement and public service to support and spread the word of equality among all races.
- MetaHome Project: Geared toward assisting homeless metahumans in getting off the streets and bettering their lives. Also assists with drug abuse recovery and re-connecting metahuman refugees with their families.
Other character information below...
(None of the images I use are of me or belong to me.)