You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 04:19:48 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Online Storage - SkyDrive  (Read 398 times)

Offline SamaelTopic starter

• † My heart is dead, it's way past beating †
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • ‡ Hündlekätzle Jäger ‡
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Online Storage - SkyDrive
« on: April 24, 2012, 11:18:37 PM »
Apparently it is a free online storage, offered by Microsoft.
At least up to 7 Gigs, after which it costs something.
It looks interesting.
Anyone has experience with it?
Is it any good? Comfortable to use?
Any drawbacks?

Online Qt

Re: Online Storage - SkyDrive
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 04:45:56 AM »
Skydrive is good, the only other cloud service I can think of that tops it in terms of features is dropbox, but that only offers up to 2GB free storage.

Strange thing is skydrive used to offer up to 25GB of free storage.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 12:14:58 PM »
I use drop box and iCloud.. I don't see a need for another service and as it is.. the Google Drive service is coming up anyway.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
I think Skydrive is the replacement for Microsoft Office online which I've used.  I like it for what it had to offer and I will probably transition to Skydrive.

Offline TentacleFan

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 10:04:41 PM »
I haven't tried this one. I have dropbox, although I got a free upgrade to 50 gigs of space with my Tablet when I bought it. I love dropbox. I also use Google Music for cloud service (I think it's google play now actually) but only for music. Still 20,000 songs worth of storage for free is nothing to sneeze at.

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 10:06:19 PM »
I haven't tried this one. I have dropbox, although I got a free upgrade to 50 gigs of space with my Tablet when I bought it. I love dropbox. I also use Google Music for cloud service (I think it's google play now actually) but only for music. Still 20,000 songs worth of storage for free is nothing to sneeze at.

I got like 10 years worth of iTunes music as well. I haven't expanded my dropbox account any but I have to admit it is the PERFECT add on to any tablet.. add the tablet app of your usage flavor and you're all good. I don't see how SkyDrive will be better.

Offline TentacleFan

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 10:25:11 PM »
I got like 10 years worth of iTunes music as well. I haven't expanded my dropbox account any but I have to admit it is the PERFECT add on to any tablet.. add the tablet app of your usage flavor and you're all good. I don't see how SkyDrive will be better.

Between my laptop, my desktop, my tablet, and my phone Drop box is perfect. Also I post pictures to my public folder to link to in my RPs all the time as well.

For my music I have over 100 gigs of mp3s on my portable HD but I put the stuff I listen to most on my google music account. Haven't filled it yet but when I do I'll just have to see what options there are or I'll start downloading mp3ds direct to my phones storage again too.