I think it's a good game, and i've only gotten maybe a querter of the way, but i do have some complaints.
1. Cars are too touchy. I like how the cars can take lots of damage in the game, i love how they look,i love how you can shoot straight ahead in a car(though i admit it's a bit of a bitch to drive and fire at the same time), i love how you can shoot a persons head through the window and kill them, but i can;t stand how most cars are so touchy when driving them. I have a hell of a time playing missions where i have to chase somebody down, partially because it's so hard to make corners, and partially cause it's such a bitch to shoot and drive at the same time.
2. Music. Normally i can't wait to hear the music in a GTA game. It's one of the things they are so well known for. And yet, i found so far, every radio station sucked. Almost all of the music i had never heard before, and almost none of it i enjoyed. The talk show hosts didn't sound bad, but i was too busy trying to find amusic station that didn't suck to listen to it much.
3. Number of outlets. Maybe its because i didn't get very far in the game, but the number of stores, gunshops, garages, Pay & Sprays and save locations was absolutely horrible. I would have to travel huge distances, going from one end of the city to the other to go to a gun shop. This is helped a little later by befriending Little Jacob, but still, they had almost nothing for the rest.
4. Limited weapons. I simply thought the number of weapons in this game should have been more.
5. No Lazlo. Now, once again, this could be because of how far i've progressed in the game, but i have neither seen, or heard anything in the way of Lazlo. 'm going to be very disapointed if he's not in this game.