As the blood of Abel soaked into the ground, God's wrath was kindled. How could one of His beloved creatures create such destruction, especially of their own flesh and blood? God saw the flaws in man, He saw the road this would lead down for their race and He knew what He had to do. From the dirt upon which Abel was murdered God made a General to rule four horsemen and from the blood that was spilled God created the powers those horsemen would harness. These four horsemen were to rule over man, to put the human race in check and to make them realize there were consequences for their sins.Hi, I’m Rae and this is my first attempt at a Group story as the GM. First off I would like to let everyone know I have several twists and turns already planned for the story that will happen when I see fit. I will also like to let everyone know that even though there is an OOC thread I will be talking to Mentors and Horsemen on a separate level through PMs as there are things one group needs to know that the other doesn’t and vice versa (I am doing this to try and eliminate unintentional metagaming). I’d also like encourage everyone to ask me questions oocly if you have them, don’t hesitate or feel nervous and I will do my best to answer them. Now for the rules regarding general posting and interaction with the other writers::
The General took these powers of death, famine, pestilence and war and harnessed them into four separate rings: Peridot for Death, black diamond for Famine, white opal for Pestilence and ruby for War. These rings were kept by the General until the four who were perfect for the job were found, once wearing the rings these four individuals were given immortality as they were to be around for the length of time “cleaning up” the human race as needed. Over time the four horsemen grew drunk with power, dangerous and harsh – even with the General always looming over them they soon forgot the General’s power and purpose, to make sure they did their job and properly steered the Destiny of the world.
The General brought down wrath upon the four insubordinate horsemen, taking their rings and re-forging them into twin rings – two deaths, two pestilence, two war and two famine. The General returned a ring to each of his four horsemen and as he did so he informed them that they were no longer God’s Jury, now they will become mentors to a new generation of horsemen. This new generation however will not be immortal as they are, they were to harness the power for fifty years before being stripped of their rings and a new group would be sought out. The General found this to be an easier way to control the horsemen and there was less chance for them to become out of control.
Now the year is 2012 and the Mentors are on the hunt again for a new set of horsemen. This set, however, would impact the world in a way that no other had before – this set was to bring the Apocalypse to Earth. They were to reset history and destroy all that God had created so He could rebuild and reconstruct a species He felt would be superior and, thus, more worthy of His love. There was one problem with this; there were some who did not agree with this destiny for mankind as they felt that humans were perfect with their flaws and that they deserved a final chance. These protectors of man will go to the greatest lengths to keep mankind alive, no length is too far – how far will they go to stop the horsemen? How far will they defy God?
Now that the nitty and gritty is over with here are a few rules for character creation::
- Post a minimum of 3-4 decent and literate paragraphs a post. In order to create a dynamic and interesting story, I think that people need to be able to give their writing partners sufficient detail, insight, and action to move the story forward, and I just can't see that happening in less than 3-4 paragraphs
- Please keep in contact with the group in the OOC chat, make friends OOCly as well – the best writing partners are those who like each other OOCly even if your character hates your partner’s ICly
- Be respectful of each other
- Let us know of any absences as soon as you can, we all understand real life comes into play and you might not be able to get to E to inform us right away
- Be patient of your fellow writers, not everyone can post 6 posts a day and everyone gets a visit from their writers block now and again
- Do not post so much with one particular partner that others get lost – there will be a posting order to help prevent this unless ooc permission is given to skip them
- Have fun! Throw in twists (though I do ask if it is something very drastic please speak with me oocly in PMs on the matter so that I am aware as I do have a vision of where I want this RP to end up)
- The General is famous for changing forms whether it be female or male, tall or short, pudgy or thin – after all living since the dawn of man tends to get boring taking on only one form
- The Horsemen and Mentors can be either gender that you wish: Male or Female though I will hope to make it an even 4 woman and 4 men no matter how it is split.
- Keep in mind that if you choose to play horsemen you are still essentially human, you can die and you still have human emotions.
- Mentors are more powerful then the horsemen as they were the first to come into power.
- The Mentors also are able to control their specific horseman though their powers are limited and banned from effecting humans
::Character Availability:: ::The General:: Available // Reserved // Taken