You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 02:49:49 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Combining files  (Read 1176 times)

Offline strangely madeTopic starter

Combining files
« on: February 04, 2008, 03:12:24 PM »
This problem is bugging me something rotten.

At the moment I'm running Windows XP, and I have some files that I want to combine and put in order. I just cant figure it out though.

For example, say I have a folder called Cheese and another called Biscuits how do I put the cheese folder in the biscuit folder? Do I have to have to take each file out and put it in the folder I want or is there some way of doing it all together?

Offline DancerTamara

Re: Combining files
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 03:14:11 PM »
click on the cheese folder, click 'move this folder' on the sidebar, then send it to the Biscuits folder.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 03:17:17 PM »
*blush*, I've been right clicking and everything, never once tried that.
But by golly it works :)...I think I owe you a big hug and a BIG BIG snog for the quickest answer ever .

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Offline DancerTamara

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 03:22:03 PM »
*giggles* So glad it worked, and you're welcome.  I use xp, and it took me a while to get the hang of it too, but now I love it.

Offline Elvi

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 03:29:43 PM »
*laughs*

My PC runs '98 and guess what?
I tried to show strangely how to 'add his cheese to his crackers' and it didn't work did it?

Y'know, I'm going to have to change soon and I'm really going to miss the utter simplicity that I have now....*sniffles*

Offline DancerTamara

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 03:36:22 PM »
Aww Elvi *pats your shoulder*  I felt that way too at first, but you'll like it once you get used to it.

Offline King_Furby

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 03:37:12 PM »
windows 98 was awesome i never had problems with that OS. I have had few with XP but i did like 98 cause it was simple. i don't think my mother could have learned to use a computer without windows 98 lol.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 04:16:51 PM »
Yayyyyyyyyyyy, now I know I can organise my daz files to make it much much easier to work with.

*grin* you wait till we get the 4 gig, duel core processors, Elvi.

Offline kongming

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 09:08:56 PM »
I first used Win95m MS DOS and QuickMenu. QuickMenu was so nice and easy to use. Then Win95 came along, and it took some getting used to, but I liked it after that.

Then 98 came along, and it took a little getting used to, but it was good after that. Nice and small and stable, too, IIRC.

Then the move to XP came, and that took some getting used to, but in the end, it worked. Especially seeing as you can tell the menus and everything to act in the "classic" way of 98 rather than the new XP way.

Offline ZK

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 10:21:56 PM »
Hell, I feel like I'm ancient when it comes to Windows. I used DOS then 2.1x and 3.1x, then Windows 95, 98, XP, Yellow Dog Linux.

Offline Hunter

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 10:24:36 PM »
I started before that.  On the radio shack TSR-80.

I did my first programming (dice roller as I recall) in Basic.  Not VB.

BASIC.   ;D

Offline Captain Maltese

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 05:53:38 AM »
Oh, yeah, baby. I think I started with 2.3, it could have been 2.1 too. The memory is sort of dim. My first ibm-compatible was an IBM XT, souped ut from 4.77 mhz (1)86 cpu to a whopping 12mhz 386. With that one I programmed, did schoolwork, played some hundreds hours of Civilisation 1....*sniff* good old.....hello NO they weren't.

Offline Mindhazingsquid

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 06:04:23 AM »
My first was an apple 2c, it's OS was, more or less, BASIC so I made lots of half started text adventures.  Then we got a PC and DOS (don't know which) then I took a while to start using windows but I think I used them all except Vista, I also use Ubuntu and except DOS and Apple 2c OS not a one of them has worked properly for me.  I always, always, always have problems.

Offline Captain Maltese

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 07:41:36 AM »
Oh yeah? Well, my first iron was a Vic 20, 5 kilobit ram....

Online HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 01:17:06 PM »
I wasn't far behind you. Sinclair ZX Spectrum, with a whole 48k of memory :)

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »
My first computer was the one that Elvi is now useing exclusively:P

Offline kongming

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 07:44:14 AM »
Well, before computers I had (well, it was my Dad's) an Amstrad CPC. That had BASIC as an OS, and although I didn't know how then, I could make a text adventure for BASIC now. I can also do so in Python, and have in the past. Except I don't know how to compile :/

Offline Celestial Goblin

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 08:11:27 AM »
Isn't compiling automatical?
Just choose 'compile' and it compiles... or throws errors at you.