You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 06:25:33 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Time is of the essence - why write alone? (M looking for F writing partner)  (Read 1866 times)

Offline TyrusTopic starter

Hey all. This my request thread, mwahaha.

O's and O's

A bit about myself
I'm an avid writer and reader who loves co-operative roleplaying. I've written in forums like Elliquiy for around 10 years or so now, and have been here since 2011. I consider myself a fairly heavy writer in terms of content, with a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs. I am flexible, however, for anyone who wishes for a more casual or long-term writing project, a very detailed one, or something in the middle. I am a writer in my spare time, so I like to consider myself a literate player.

My writing style can also shift between two styles. The first is third-person limited: The perspective and knowledge of the events of the roleplay is limited to my primary character. This is of course, subject to change and depending on if I am required to play more than one major character. I usually also write in the omniscient third-person perspective when I am the "lead" in a RP, setting the wider details and context of the story's setting and scenario. I do not enjoy writing anymore in the first-person, but may be open to it depending on the form of the story and how it is told. For example, if it is told in a diary format, or through a series of recorded messages.

Characterisation and character development is a major focus and emphasis of mine. I try to write realistically; that is, with flawed, but likeable or relatable characters and plots which aren't too far-fetched, but that aren't boring or too meticulous on detail either. If I had a particular style I tend to employ most regularly, it would be described as grounded, gritty, and not just about sex or violence (though both these elements are important and fun in any great story).

I guess the most important thing for me to say here is I want to write interesting stories that aren't one-note or one-dimensional. They can't just be focused on gratuitous violence or smut. I want them to have detail, continuity, consistency and constant development of characters and their journeys.

If you would like examples of my narrative styles and writing techniques, here are some ongoing RPs of mine:

Azure Rising (With Sinfulkarma) <--- Modern-day/crime
Never Trust a Gypsy's Kiss (With Vlexia) <--- Grounded fantasy/medieval
What We Become (With DesertFlower) <--- Post-apocalyptic

Here are three past RPs (absent partners) of mine:

Paradise Noir (With jaliyana) <--- Modern-day/crime (to be continued)
Play For Me? (With sassychic) <--- Modern-day romance/music
Captive (With April Bouvier) <--- Slave/master

Here are a few templates I once used as examples, and aren't set in stone if you thought any were interesting enough for a story.

When There's No More Room In Hell...
The world as it once was is long gone. Divine intervention, a deadly virus, a supernatural curse - nobody knows how or why. The only thing people are sure of is there's no more room in hell. What once was is made up of assumptions and possibilities. Society has fallen into anarchy and chaos, and humanity is scarce in a wasteland of death and decay. There are few survivors in the New World who know the true reason behind the Scourge, let alone have time to ponder the thought, given all which exists now is survival.

The Scourge gave life to the deceased, but also a ravenous hunger. People started rising back up, eating their friends, their family, complete strangers, and turning them into one of whatever they became. It didn't matter how someone died - bitten, killed, or passed away peacefully in sleep - they would always come back. Remaining survivors have formed tribal city states or savage raiding parties to take advantage of everyone and everything to survive the horrific calamity. But the situation is grim, and for many, hope is an unknown concept.

These few scattered groups of people, no longer restricted by the laws and confines of the Old World, make do with whatever and whoever they have to fulfil their last desires. Food, water, shelter, sex... whatever the cost of their humanity or remaining belongings, it's theirs for the taking. These groups are like packs of wolves, stopping at nothing to get what they want, because there is ultimately nothing to lose but a doomed existence and borrowed time.

Ecstasy
Two of Empire City's largest and most dangerous criminal drug organisations engage in a bloody turf war, killing hundreds in the cross-fire and all for the sole purpose of pushing their product to the top of the underground market. When the Westsiders are threatened by a new group of drug-runners, it becomes apparent the mysterious leader and their new drug, "Azure", is a bigger threat than they could have imagined. Named after the abnormal but non-threatening coloration of the newer crew's perfectly crystallized methamphetamine, Azure was released into the streets with alarming speed and backed by the genius of someone who wasn't a simple-minded gangbanger.

After rude awakenings, the Westsiders task their most feared enforcer with infiltrating the younger organization to feed information back to his leaders. Emotionally detached, skilled in murder and bound by an often contradictory moral code, the enforcer finds himself unprepared for the woman who leads the new crew. Influential and seductive as she is cunning and ruthless, she is unlike any enemy he had ever encountered before. Once valuing his crew above all else, he is forced to break his code and commit many questionable acts in order to gain the organization's trust, including taking her drugs to prove his loyalty and killing former and present colleagues - no matter the cost.

That cost soon proves to be a heavy sacrifice, both professionally and personally. The Enforcer finds himself internally torn between his loyalties to his "family" and the woman before him, as she seems to take over his every will, action and every desire, and the line between what is real and what is not is soon blurred beyond reasonable understanding...

All Mine
After Vera had died, he didn't what what to do. She was everything to him. She existed for him and he could only exist with her. He never would have thought he'd get another chance to have whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. He was going mad. But it was barely a week before he found another reason to live.  He couldn't believe his luck. He couldn't believe her gullibility. Driving up the interstate, alone and isolated, she was one of the most beautiful women he had ever laid his eyes on. Maybe he could get over her after all.

All the above scenarios are, of course, slightly vague or brief for further, private expansion of the ideas and storylines, or to encourage your own sharing of ideas with me, so it is not a one-sided construction of a setting and its characters. They are merely quick examples; I would love to foster discussion and new ideas. I want YOUR input and ideas, above all else.

General themes and ideas to be developed with you.
Crime and gang-related stories.
Post-Apocalyptic tales.
Zombie related roleplays.
Medieval tales.
Fantasy.
Romance.
Military-style tight knit team fractured from within.
Superhero roleplays.
Drama.
Horror.
Teacher/Student.
Anything! Suggest it to me.

Media/Pre-established Universe Related
The Walking Dead.
The First Law Trilogy (one of my favourite fictional series ever).
Game of Thrones (I am a big fan of the Song of Ice & Fire novel series as well as the equally compelling television adaptation).
Anything video game related (Halo, Mass Effect, Persona, etc).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:05:32 PM by Tyrus »

Re: Grown and Sexy. (Male seeking Female RP Partner)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 06:07:48 AM »
I have updated the original post in terms of scenarios as well and just the overview of my writing style and expectations to give you all a better feel if I am an appropriate RP partner. :)

Offline playfullchick76

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 04:32:16 PM »
I would be interested in playing out a walking dead one with you, if you were interested. Perhaps even a Maid/master one, where I was a backpacker, snatched by you and forced to be your exotic maid, maybe even made to speak in a French or Dutch accent, if thats your thing, if not, its okay.

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »
Just bumping up my original request topic to avoid senselessly making a new one. I'm in search of a few more good RPs if anyone is interested. :)

Offline bluecoco

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 12:26:07 AM »
Here I am! Over here! What you're looking for! *points to self*

lol

How are you? I'm new to the site, but not new to roleplaying. I've created roleplays and taken part in many over the past 10 years... Crazy how long it has been. I consider myself an advanced writer/very literate. Above anything I enjoy a good plot to jump into. Sex and the like I would consider only one facet of stories I prefer to take part in. Character development is a must. I think our writing styles and preferences are very in tune with each other.

We should become partners, if I fit to your liking! ;P I have a On/off page up in the ladies forum called "Coco's Good Touch/Bad Touch" where you can see a little more about me.

I'd enjoy RPing the following matches with you that you listed:
Maid/Master.
Boss/Secretary
Best friends.
Stepdaughter/Stepfather.
Crime and gang-related stories.
Medieval Tales/Fantasy/Romance
Superhero roleplays
Drama/Horror

and "What We Become" interests me.

Let me know if you'd be open to RPing with me! :D

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 06:58:16 AM »
Hey bluecoco, thanks for replying to my thread. :)

Welcome to the site! You should definitely PM me with your ideas and thoughts, sounds like we got the same sort of writing styles, expectations and interests. :)

Re: Grown and Sexy (M looking for F)
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 04:46:39 PM »
I have bumped this topic to refrain from creating a new request thread. It's been a while since I was last at Elliquiy and I'm looking to find another great story to write with another great partner. PM me if you're interested.

Offline playfullchick76

Re: Grown and Sexy (M looking for F)
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 09:07:41 AM »
I would be interested in a walking dead one, most definately, as I'm  a big fan of the series. I have yet to watch fear the walking dead yet, but Its next on my list to be watched.

Bump. Looking again for potential partners for any particular RP, given my two long-term stories at the moment have been on hold due to absent partners.