Trapped in giant prisons carved into the rocks of the worlds highest mountains, in dark, and dank cells, where the sounds of chains echo around the cavernous rooms, giant fire breathing creatures, called Dragons, have resided for centuries. Deemed too dangerous, too much of a threat to humanity, and unable to kill them, our ancestors, with the power to call them, known as Dragon Kin, took the extreme steps needed to confine them.
Those who's job it had once been to trap these winged devils, have turned into demonic specters of humanity. Blind, and mute, their skeleton like bodies wrapped in dirtied white linen, and pitch black garb, haunt the mountain prisons, unable to die, while the dragons still live. They are damned to an immortal life, guarding their prisoners zealously, keeping all who would get too close, away; they call each other, The Guardians of the Northern Pass.
It's been centuries since humanity have come into contact with dragons, and they have been all but forgotten, with the exception of small septs of people, who worship them as deities. But a war has ignited, the darkness is sweeping across the land, enveloping once prosperous town's, and turning them into barren wastelands. What's worse, is that the dark army is comprised of horrifically strong soldiers, who know nothing of mercy, and are intent on sterilizing the land of human beings. On the brink of disaster, the worlds last strong hold, on the advice of their religious councilors, have sent out a group of 'special' humans, to traverse the dangerous and ancient roads up into the Northern Pass.
It would start with a group of people, with 'special' abilities, reminiscent of those the Guardians once possessed, standing before the large iron doors that would lead them into the ancient prison. One of the travelers, with the power to move object's, focus' on the door, after hours of concentration, the cavern they are in starts to rumble, rocks fall from the roof, and the travelers, afraid of a cave in, watch in awe, as the once sealed doors creak open. Once the dirt around them has settled, and the walls stop shaking, a single Guardian is revealed, blocking their path; staring at them with it's lifeless eyes, while dirty white linen trails from it's body, brushing against the hard packed earth beneath. Thinking they are about to die, they are surprised when it moves aside, and allows them entrance.
Each traveler will find themselves bound to a dragon, an ancient connection that allows them to communicate, and even allow the fire breathing beast's to take on a humanoid shape, with the sacrificial act of feeding them blood. From there, they'll race back, in time to actively fight back against the invading dark legion.
I want to see how many people would be interested in a game like this, hell it could even begin when the travelers start off on their journey, not after, like I planned. The game would comprise of four Dragon Kin, and four Dragons, let me know if you'd be interested here, or via PM.
This game is so going to follow the, if somethings convenient it's there, rule. So pipes and wood burning heaters for hot running water, and toilette's for disposing human waste exist, although they are rather primitive, and not very advanced. So while there are sewers, there will mostly be one per city, and maybe non at all for small towns in the country side. Planes, cars, and buses don't exist, but bicycles, and horse drawn carriages do. Guns do exist, thanks to gun powder being pretty wide known. The material for the guns, would be made from a brass like metal, or otherwise known as the metal used in the creation of bells, bronze is also well used material for these guns as well. Large war machines are also in existence. All fire arms are famous for back firing, and are temperamental and very expensive. Most people prefer swords, maces, etc to these fire arms. Steam powered machines are available, but only for ships, and small, machines.
Details on each city will be inserted later. Only one continent is known in this game, but there are two in reality. The one's listed below are major cities, there are, of course smaller towns all over the land. The further North you go, the less towns there are. The closest one to the Norther pass, is called Dead End.
- Illiria — Capital. In the exact middle of the continent.
- Gunnimead — Specializes in mining for metal. Northern town.
- Frida — Specializes in the production of berries, and other seasonal fruits. Southern town.
- Honeycomb — Specializes in the production of honey. Eastern town
- Vale — Specializes in the production of wine and beer. Southern town
- Lance — Specializes in the production of fine silk. Western town. The last strong hold standing, and where the the human group were sent from.
- Beach — Specializes in the fishing industry. Southern town
- Row — Specializes in the forging of weapons. Northern town.
The powers that take the most concentration, and time to use are: Clairvoyance, Precognition, Retrocognition, Telekinesis, and Healing hands. But while they may take more time to use, they use less energy over all. Empathy, Pyrokineses, Cryokineses, and Fulgurkinesis/Astrakineses, are less time consuming to use, and take less concentration, but they drain the character of energy at a far more increasing rate, than the others. Some abilities are far more offensive, than they are defensive obviously; but all have the same potential usefulness in this game.
- Clairvoyance — Seeing (and sometimes hearing, or using other senses, including ones that aren't part of the standard package) far-away places, localizing specific persons one concentrates on, usually involves a trance state. The amount of control the player will have over this power will be regulated by a GM. Usually, I'll send the player a PM of details their 'vision' would reveal. This power cannot be used without permission from a GM
- Precognition and/or Retrocognition — Seeing the future and/or past in prophetic visions, usually involves a trance state. The amount of control the player will have over this power will be regulated by a GM. Usually, I'll send the player a PM of details their 'vision' would reveal. This power cannot be used without permission from a GM
- Empathy — The talent of The Empath, the ability to sense another person's emotional state. The amount of control the player will have over this power will be regulated by a GM. Usually, I'll send the player a PM of what they are allowed to 'feel' from another character. Usually it'll be confined to general feelings, such as anger, sorrow, loneliness, nervousness, etc. This power cannot be used without permission from a GM and the other character in question.
- Telekinesis — Moving physical objects by pure willpower. The use of this power takes a lot of energy, and cannot be used excessively, without visibly tiring the character. Over use may lead directly to passing out.
- Pyrokinesis — Setting things on fire. Sometimes the fire itself can be controlled, changing size or even becoming a particular shape. The use of this power takes a lot of energy, and cannot be used excessively, without visibly tiring the character. Over use may lead directly to passing out.
- Cryokinesis — Freezing things. Often combined with condensing water from the air to form ice in thick coatings or free-standing shapes. The use of this power takes a lot of energy, and cannot be used excessively, without visibly tiring the character. Over use may lead directly to passing out.
- Fulgurkinesis/Astrakinesis - The ability to create electrical discharges and lightning bolts. The use of this power takes a lot of energy, and cannot be used excessively, without visibly tiring the character. Over use may lead directly to passing out.
- Healing Hands — The ability to heal others. This involves placing their hands on another person's injuries, quickly healing the victim's wounds. The use of this power takes a lot of energy, and cannot be used excessively, without visibly tiring the character. Over use may lead directly to passing out.
All Dragons have these powers
- Fire Breath — All Dragons have a special sack in their throats that create a flammable gas, that can than be ignited when they bite down and grind their back teeth. Located in the very back, are rock like teeth that can produce sparks when ground together.
- Fire Ball — Right before releasing their fire breath, they can choose to hold it, and than blast it off, creating a large projectile in the shape of a ball of fire.
- Acid Blood — All Dragons have a highly acidic quality to their blood. The blood is neutral to it's specifically linked Dragon Kin.
- Wing Gust — Their wings are so powerful, that they can literally cause a gust of wind powerful enough to blow away opponents.
- God's Cleansing Fire — They can produce a purifying flame, once in their entire lives, that when aimed at a weapon, or object, can give it supernatural abilities. A sword that can cut through rock, a bow that can only shoot true, a dagger that can heal poisoning, etc, and so on. This power will be regulated by a GM. Usually, you'll ask me via PM if you may use it, and I'll tell you what power is bestowed on the weapon. the power may or may not be useful and/or powerful. This power cannot be used without permission from a GM
- Fast Step — While in Humanoid form, they may move much faster than a normal human can.
- Gold Sensing - All Dragons have an exceeding fondness for gold, and can smell it miles away.
- Overall Sharp Senses - All dragons have sharp hearing, smell, sight, touch, and taste. How sharp depends on the dragon.
- Telepathy — The transference of thoughts or feelings between two or more subjects, usually between Dragon and the Kin they are linked to. Most Dragons dislike speaking to others this way. They cannot read minds.
They all have their specific 'types' that can be summarized by their scale color. If you don't like the powers listed, you can pitch others at me, but they have to fit the dragons color, and be elemental in nature. Credit for the names of some of these abilities goes completely to D&D!
- Red Dragon — Mastery over fire, and Burning vapor: The ability to breath a noxious gas, that can literally burn their target alive. Has no affect on rock and metal.
- Blue Dragon — Mastery over water, and Water Drench: The ability to gather moisture from their surroundings, and use it as a projectile, or to completely surround an enemy in water, drowning them.
- Brown Dragon — Mastery over Earth, and Tremor: The ability to produce large tremors through the earth.
- White Dragon — Mastery over ice, and Freezing Touch: The ability to literally freeze anything they touch.
- Yellow Dragon — Mastery over lightning, and Electrically-charged gas: The ability to produce electrically charged gas.
- Black Dragon — Mastery over Smoke, and Smoke Breath: The ability to produce smoke that can blind an opponent to where you are.
- Silver Dragon — Mastery over metallic materials, and Cone of corrosive gas: The ability to produce a noxious gas that's corrosive.
- Purple — Mastery over Gems, and Crystal Points: The ability to create large crystals, and use them as projectiles.
You may use black, Purple, or Navy as colors for your application only. If you choose to use a picture for your characters physical description, please place it in the position I've specified. You may use both a written or picture description. I reserve the right to ask for a character sheet to be tweaked to fit the game better, although I'm sure it won't come up too often. All filled out character sheets must be submitted to me via PM, do not post them here.
(Dragon or Dragon Kin)Gender:Age:
(Humans can be aged 16+, they live regular life spans in the beginning of the game. Dragons must be 1,000+ and 5,000-)Abilitie(s):
(See list's of available abilities for each species. One ability for Dragon Kin.)Sexual Orientation:Flaw(s):
(All characters must have one big flaw. For Dragons, think of the opposite of their own element.)Treasure:
(Each character should have one personal item they treasure above all else.)Weapon(s):
(List all weapons they carry. There's a maximum of three per character.)Description:
(If you have a written description, place it here. If not, than just edit this part out. Also, an average Dragon would be 150-200 ft from tail to tip of the nose.)Personality:
(Two good sized paragraphs or more.)History:
(Two good sized paragraphs or more.)
[center][font=andale mono][size=20pt]Character Name[/size][/font][/center]
This is where information on characters that have been submitted for approval will be listed. Under Dragons, the colors submitted will be shown. Under human, the powers submitted will be shown.
- Purple: Male
- Brown: Male
- Silver: Female
- White: Male
- Pyrokinesis: Female
- Clairvoyance: Male
- Telekinesis: Female
- Astrakinesis: Female
- Healing Hands: Male