Hi, before I report a problem, let me first thank you from the bottom of my heart for how much you put into this site. I work in software and the web, and I know this stuff can be a big pain, even when you're getting paid for it. Thank you so much.
I'm not sure if it is related to your recent index pruning or not (my gut reaction says yes) but I have an RP thread (here
) that over the last few hours has exhibited the following problems from both posters' perspectives:
- OpheliaJaxon reported her posts were timing out on submission. Later she succeed in posting after emailing the post to me on the side.
- When I checked the thread, there were quite a few copies of her post, and they were tacked on to the end of the thread in backwards time order (somehow the sorting is messed up). Of course they are identical, but the time being backward hints that something is wrong.
- Additonally, when I tried to respond, the history of the thread that appears below the chat box showed a different version of the post, it was the email text she had sent me with extra comments -- and this version does not appear in the normal view of the thread. It appears there is some confusion in the various modes of display over what is and is not included (indexing?)
- Finally, I tried to respond, and my response was accepted, but does not show up in the thread.
- Eventually, about 10 minutes later it showed up (just noticed this now, as I'm typing this up). The out-of-order problem persists.
I'm not sure if this merits your attention, but I wanted to report his in case the symptoms give you any clues to something that might be wrong.
Thanks again for a great site. I do hope to contribute once I can find out the method that will work for me.