You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

February 21, 2017, 03:13:10 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
Issue 73 ~ February & March 2017

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Elina's RP Ideas (mostly seeking male characters)  (Read 2544 times)

Offline ElinaTopic starter

• How am I supposed to breathe? I try to relax. I touch your still frame, so I can watch you closer and study the ways I believe I belong to you.
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • I'm drinking what used to be sin.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Elina's RP Ideas (mostly seeking male characters)
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:31:49 PM »
Hello!  I'm in the mood to start something new so I thought I'd put this back up here.  I'd like to try one of these plots.  If you're interested, please check out my O/Os, listed in my signature.  There are also RPs listed so you can see my writing style.  I have to admit that I'm a bit of a chameleon.  My posts change a lot depending on plot and who my partner is, so you may want to look at more than just the posts in one RP.

I don't care about your real-life gender.  What I do care about is that you be conscientious about your writing quality.  I'm certainly not perfect, but if you don't use capitalization and punctuation, I'm probably not the partner for you.

Let me know if anything strikes your fancy.  If you want to propose a plot (especially a vampire one), you can as well.  I do have to warn you, though, that my post rate has been really sporadic lately.  I used to post within 3 days, then it was within a week.  Now, usually it's anywhere between 3 days and 2 weeks.  I went into business for myself a few months ago and sometimes, it's a time- or muse-sucker.

If I haven't sent you running, here are some plots:

* I generally like paranormal romance stories, so if you have a plot you want to write, feel free to ask.  I'm good with writing high school age to adults.  I don't write in preset worlds, but I like vampires from everything from Twilight to Rice to the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

(* Governess/Duke (Historical Romance, maybe Regency England):  A governess finds herself standing on the doorstep of the residence of a widowed Duke.  He has hired her to be nanny to his daughter.  Although she is wholly unsuitable, romance quickly ensues.  Yes, this one has shades of The Sound of Music minus the nun.  It also has shades of the romance novels I used to read as a teenager and into my twenties.  I would like to write the female role in this one.) -

* Paranormal:  She goes to college and is assigned an advisor.  He's got a reputation for being a complete jerk.  He's also a vampire/werewolf/your choice of paranormal or supernatural creature.  I'd like to write the human female, as I'm already writing a male in a version of this.  This could be anything from a lighthearted romance to a darker one.  However, I won't write NC, so everything has to be consensual, and I do see the male character being dark-ish.  (This could be an employee/boss situation too if you want to write someone older than college-age.)

* Mercenaries (Modern Romance/Adventure/Action):  This will totally show you how old I am, but there used to be a computer RPG called Jagged Alliance.  It was about a team of mercenaries who work together on a small jungle island.  I've always loved the game, and I have to admit that I'm intrigued by the thought of writing a team or pair of trained killers working together toward a common goal.  I don't have a developed plot in mind, but I'd love to write something like this.  I see this one as M/M or M/F.  If M/F, I want to write the female role.  If you're interested in M/M, please keep in mind that I'm inexperienced at it, but I'm happy to give it a go.

* Sliders:  I loved the show Sliders and would like to write something in a sci-fi setting with traveling between multiple dimensions.  This also works with Piers Anthony's Mode series if you're familiar with it.

Romance (Modern):  She had always had a crush on him.  She had been a teenager, and he had been her big brother's best friend.  He'd liked her too, but respect for his friend made him stay far away.  Six years have passed and they see each other again at her brother's wedding.  I would like to write the female role.
  I haven't written this yet but I'm not really feeling it right now.  I'll put it back on here at some point.

Truth or Dare?:  College or high school students play a game of truth or dare.  I'm looking for something fun and lighthearted with this, possibly funny and romantic.  I might be open to playing out little parts of this on IM and then posting them into the RP thread here on E. 

Revenge:  He either killed her parents or he ordered them to be killed.  Although she doesn't know why he did it, she's grown up with vengeance in her heart.  Now she's a trained assassin, and she's after him.  I think this could go in a lot of different ways.  Adult or non-adult.  He can be good and her parents evil, or he can be evil.  Maybe he's reformed.  Maybe she'll reform him.  In my mind, it's a love story, but it doesn't have to be; we can talk about a basic story arc.  Could be modern or fantasy or historical. Not wanting this right now.

Another variation of the revenge story:  Her father and his best friend were CIA agents.  After she was born, her father retired; a few years later, both of her parents were murdered.  She wants revenge and she knows what her dad did for a living.  She goes to his best friend and asks him to train her to assassinate the person who ordered the hit against her family.  What she doesn't know is that he was the contract killer who did the hit.  Again, I see this being a romance, but that's up for negotiation. Not wanting this right now.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:26:19 PM by Elina »

• How am I supposed to breathe? I try to relax. I touch your still frame, so I can watch you closer and study the ways I believe I belong to you.
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Re: Elina's RP Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 02:29:10 PM »
Added Revenge plot.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:06:50 AM by Elina »

Offline Genbu83

Re: Elina's RP Ideas (mostly seeking male characters)
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:20:12 PM »
i haven't played Jagged Alliance in Years. Great game and idea though.

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »
Thank you.  :)  It was the first computer game I ever really played, back in the mid-nineties.  I loved it.

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 07:27:14 PM »
Updated by adding the governess plot back in and also adding the picture plot of the angel.

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 03:38:27 PM »
Added the variation of the revenge story (new plot).

Offline Genbu83

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 01:34:33 AM »
Though you wrote about Jagged alliance...what are your thought son the more scifi mercinaries? Say something like X-Com?

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 06:34:51 PM »
Well, since I don't even know what that means, I think I'll take a pass on it.  :P

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 06:49:01 PM »
Added the Truth or Dare idea and reposted some that were previously struck out.

Offline thatmusicianguy

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »
Hi Elina.

Freshly accepted as a Noob on the site and was interested in your "Truth or Dare" Role as something lighthearted as my first here...

Care to discuss it further? Drop me a message with questions or with your MSN?

Chris. x

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 11:30:01 AM »
I revamped this whole mess of a thread and added the Sliders idea.