Update: We've got enough players. Thanks everyone who was interested in joining.Introduction
As you open the mail one day, you find a rather odd invitation:Greetings, friend. You are invited to a special high-stakes Texas Hold'em style poker game. The game will take place in two weeks this Saturday, in a special room in our casino, and will be televised live. This invitation is not tied to any particular person, and can be transfered freely.
Poker rules for this tournament:
- Players must have this invitation in order to enter the tournament. The invitation only allows one person entrance; partners or other guests are not allowed.
- Participants must be aware of the basic rules of poker and Texas Hold'em. Casino staff will be available to assist in explaining the rules, should any confusion arise.
- All participants must be over the age of eighteen, and must appear properly washed. Participants with poor hygene or under the minimum age will be denied entrance.
- All participants must bring $250,000 entrance fee. This money, as well as a portion of the income from televising this tournament, will go to the winner.
- Each participant is allowed to wear four articles of clothing, including jewelry and other accessories. Articles that come in pairs, such as shoes, socks, gloves, and earrings count as a single article of clothing.
Special rules for dares:
- This tournament will be divided into several rounds. At the beginning of the first round, each player will have seven chips, and a player to hold the position of dealer will be chosen randomly. Dealing will be handled by the tournament judge.
- After each hand, the dealer will move one seat to the left.
- Each round will last until one player runs out of chips. The player that ran out of chips will have to either remove an article of clothing, or complete a dare chosen by the player that won that hand. After the dare is completed or the player removes an article of clothing, a new round begins.
- Each round after the first, chips will be collected and redistributed based on each player's standing after the previous round. Players that were out of chips at the end of the previous round will re-enter with seven chips. A breakdown of distribution will be announced when the tournament starts, and will be based on the total number of participants.
- The small blind will begin at one chip at the start of each round. Should the dealer return to the player that began as dealer for the current round, the small blind will increase to 2 chips. The small blind will reset to 1 chip at the start of each round.
- There is no maximum bet. Bets will follow normal poker rules for all-in bets.
I shall act as the tournament judge for this special occasion. Drinks and snacks will be provided by casino staff for the duration of the tournament. I hope this has piqued your interest, and I am eager to see you present at the tournament.Sincerely,
- If any player is out of chips at the end of a hand, the winner of that hand must propose a dare to all players that are out of chips.
- Players that decline to perform the dare must discard an article of clothing. Players that decline the dare and are already naked are eliminated from the tournament.
- If more than one player is out of chips, the dare may involve multiple players. If any player declines the dare (and thus removes an article of clothing), the remaining players must complete an alternate dare.
- Players may back out of performing a dare they initially agreed with. If they do so, they must discard clothing or be eliminated as if they had declined the dare in the first place.
- Dares may involve the winner or another willing player. Should the volunteer back out of the dare, the player that was required to perform the dare counts as completing that dare.
- Dares may last longer than simply between rounds. Such dares may have a time limit of some sort attached, as determined by the winner. Regardless of any limits however, once the player discards clothing to decline a different dare, or is eliminated, all such dares are revoked for no penalty.
- A variety of BDSM equipment, furniture, and toys are available for dares. Players may bring their own devices, however such devices will be thoroughly examined by the tournament judge, and may be denied for any reason.
- If a player disagrees to a dare or backs out partway through a dare, and the same dare (or something very similar) to it is asked of the same player, that player may refuse the dare freely, and the winner must decide on a new dare. If there is a dispute about whether the dare is similar or not, the tournament judge will make a decision.
- Dares that cause injuries or permanent alterations to the body, dares that require touching of bodily wastes, dares that require the removal of clothing, dares that include equipment that is not provided or previously accepted, or dares that affect the poker game itself are all not permitted. IF a dare makes it difficult for a player to physically play the game, casino staff will step in and assist the player.
Geoff Carlow, casino owner.
What I'm looking for
Hello everyone, and welcome to my little game. I saw something very similar to this in another thread here, and while it seemed to run out soon after starting, it seemed interesting enough for me to try my own hand at making it work.
This game will work like regular Texas Hold'em. The game itself is rather simple, and if anyone here is interested in playing but doesn't know the rules, I'd be happy to explain how to play. Basic knowledge of the rules of poker will be required, however.
I am currently looking for more players to take the roles of the tournament participants. I plan on starting once we have six to eight players in the game. Participants can be male or female, and I don't require anyone to play their real-world gender. While the original idea is for a real-world game, if enough players are interested we could shift the genre to include other non-human races (i.e. elves, catpeople, etc). The game will still take place in modern times, however.
I want characters that are interested in winning the game, not just sexing up everyone, although the dares certainly support it. This is, after all, a high-stakes game with several million on the line.
I plan on playing as GM myself, however if anyone is interested in taking the role of dealer/casino owner/GM, I'd be happy to pass it off. Keep in mind that the dealer is required to post very frequently.
I do plan on playing as a regular character as well. Yes, this does mean that if I'm dealer and also player, I'm able to cheat and look at everyone else's cards. I promise that I won't purposely try to take advantage of this knowledge, but if the players insist I wouldn't mind changing the rules so that the dealer rotates to a new player each hand, and the dealer sits out on the regular game.
We will be playing the game in full on the forums. Since we can end up hanging on one person if they have to leave, I encourage everyone that plans on not having access for an extended period to PM a basic betting strategy to the current dealer. If we end up waiting on you and you haven't told anyone how you plan on bet, I will likely step in and have your character fold so we can continue with the game.
Since this is mostly consentual and the object is to convince a player to do something they don't want to do, I'm going to ask that everyone ignore players' O/O lists. Don't try to find something the other player is comfortable with, since the object is to get people to pass on dares, but also don't purposely pick a dare you know they'll refuse.