You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 08:42:32 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Nintendo has been hacked.  (Read 390 times)

Offline WolfyTopic starter

Nintendo has been hacked.
« on: June 05, 2011, 03:35:14 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/05/nintendo-hack_n_871460.html

TOKYO -- Nintendo was targeted in a recent online data attack, but no personal or company information was lost, the Japanese maker of the Wii game console said Sunday.

The server of an affiliate of Nintendo Co.'s U.S. unit was accessed unlawfully a few weeks ago, but there was no damage, company spokesman Ken Toyoda said.

..Seriously...who is attacking game companies?

...Is Jack Thompson really the Anti-gaming Batman?...Cause I have to admit, that would be hilarious.

Online Callie Del Noire

Re: Nintendo has been hacked.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 04:03:51 PM »
Jack Thompson wouldn't have the wits to pull this off.

This is hackers being hackers.. The black hat version of course.

Offline Shjade

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »
Anti-gaming Batman? Why the hell would Batman be attacking corporations and stealing customer information? That comment makes no sense on any level.

Somehow I'm betting this wouldn't have even gotten a news mention if not for all the recent Sony hacks. I mean, all it says is, "Nintendo security possibly partially compromised." Riveting! If they later come out and say something was taken, that'll be news.

Offline Yorubi

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 04:31:28 PM »
Pretty much just there cause sony got hacked. I mean... are companies ever not being hacked or attempted at? ^^;;

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 03:28:10 PM »