You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 06:07:27 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Favorite Portal line *spoilers*  (Read 588 times)

Offline SargentToughieTopic starter

Favorite Portal line *spoilers*
« on: May 30, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »
Portal 1 and Portal 2 are two of the best games of our generation, combining brilliant gameplay, interesting story, and pitch black humor all rolled together into one magnificent bundle. So, having beaten Portal 2 a few weeks ago, and everybody else a chance to beat it before I brought up conversations about it, I figured now would be a good time to ask the people of the internet what their favorite line from either game was. For me, two of the most brilliant lines were as follows.

"And now for an interesting fact. The portal gun in your hands is now more valuable then all the collective body organs of [subject's hometown, here]"
- GLaDOS: Portal.

"Hey, for any of you out there learning to net yourself another $60, see the attendant at the end of the course. You could walk out of here with $120 weighing down your bindle if you let us cut you up, put some science stuff in you, and put you back together, good as new."
- Cave Johnson: Portal 2

So, what about you guys?

Online Dwarfvader

Re: Favorite Portal line *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 08:42:11 PM »
Well done. Here come the test results: "You are a horrible person." That's what it says: a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.-GlaDOS

Offline Shjade

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:04:29 PM by Shjade »

Offline Anjasa

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 04:49:17 AM »

Offline Marikir

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 06:56:59 PM »
"Since you went to all that trouble to wake me up, you must really, really, love to test." - GLaDOS

Oh, there's tons more but I need to contemplate them for now...

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 07:06:19 PM »

Oh, there's tons more but I need to contemplate them for now...

I would say that are litteral THOUSANDS of quotes from the two games. The mind boggles at the sheer number.

Offline SargentToughieTopic starter

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 07:07:49 PM »
I would say that are litteral THOUSANDS of quotes from the two games. The mind boggles at the sheer number.

Well, it does help that literally every single line in both games is quote worthy.

Offline Xandria

• Insatiable Dreamer
  • Dame
  • Enchanted
  • Chasing adventure with a cheeky grin.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 08:40:18 PM »
"That thing you burned up isn't important to me. It's the fluid catalytic cracking unit. It made shoes for orphans. Nice job breaking it, hero." - GLaDOS

Sooo hard to choose just one!