You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 04:37:30 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: How many countries have you visited?  (Read 2769 times)

Offline consortium11

Re: How many countries have you visited?
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 06:14:10 PM »
UK (So England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales)
Ireland
France
Germany
Belgium
Spain
Portugal
Netherlands
Sweden
Denmark
Norway
Iceland
Italy
Monaco (if that counts)
Luxembourg
Austria
Switzerland
Greece
Czech Republic
Malta
Turkey
Russia
US
Mexico
Canada
Costa Rica
Barbados
Cuba
Sri Lanka
Brazil
Peru
Ecuador (+ Galapagos)
Argentina
Egypt
Tunisia
Kenya
Namibia
Mozambique
Tanzania (+ Zanzibar)
South Africa
Central African Republic
Japan
China
Tibet
Nepal
India
Thailand
Indonesia
Australia
New Zealand
Phillipines

Wow, I'd never really sat down and thought it out before... that's somewhere in the region of 50 countries which is pretty mad...

Offline Callie Del NoireTopic starter

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 06:40:54 PM »
Begining to think I should have made more categories..

I do wonder if England/Scotland/Wales/Cornwall count as one country or one each. (Cause I camped through most of England/Europe growing up)

Offline Brandon

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 06:57:53 PM »
I find that there are two ways to seperate countries. The first is by borders which is pretty easy to figure out by just looking at a map. The other way, and the one I prefer, is to seperate by cultures. For example remember how I noted that I had been to both Chile and Easter island? Well easter island falls under Chile's claim for land but its so culturally different that I dont even consider it the same place. This is largely subjective but I find it more accurate then simple border lines

To answer your questions, absolutely. England, scotland are vastly different cultures although wales/cornwall might fall into one or the other a lot of the time

Offline Callie Del NoireTopic starter

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2011, 07:05:33 PM »
I find that there are two ways to seperate countries. The first is by borders which is pretty easy to figure out by just looking at a map. The other way, and the one I prefer, is to seperate by cultures. For example remember how I noted that I had been to both Chile and Easter island? Well easter island falls under Chile's claim for land but its so culturally different that I dont even consider it the same place. This is largely subjective but I find it more accurate then simple border lines

To answer your questions, absolutely. England, scotland are vastly different cultures although wales/cornwall might fall into one or the other a lot of the time

Dude.. even I KNOW not to tell a Welshman he's English.