The Razing of Eden [EX, monstergirls/boys/etc] Recruiting

Started by Karma, January 07, 2016, 11:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmira: a vast, magical continent upon which the elven nation made its home. For millennia they grew their civilization, in tune with the boundless nature around them, forming deep friendships with the many sapient creatures that inhabited the area. There are many kinds of life on Elmira. Mer fill its lakes and oceans, naga populate its jungles and caves; every kind of “half-monster” imaginable can be found in its varied climes. The elves searched every corner and found only family in these ethereal creatures. Bonds of family and blood were forged among them, even though the “halmon” cared nothing for technology or civilization. It was a charmed life for all concerned.

But it was not to last. Long ago, in the forgotten mists of history, humans arrived on Elmira. The round-ears were brutal, vile, greedy creatures who threw down the elves and destroyed all that they had built. Friendship and joy were replaced with slavery and suffering, and where the elves brought understanding, the humans did not seem to acknowledge that the halmon even spoke. There was no recognition of sapience in their glazed eyes, as if each word the halmon said was no more than a bark or a yelp. Indeed, the halmon could not hope to understand the humans either.

The humans treated the halmons like they would have any other animal. Mer and scylla were hunted for meat, holstaurs herded for milk and slaughter, alraune and dryad farmed for their produce. What was once nearly a utopia was reduced to an empire of blood and fear. The whole of Elmira has not yet been tamed by the humans, however, and the halmon have found many places to hide and hope they are not discovered. The human march is inexorable, and no place is safe forever.

As may have been obvious by the introduction or the title, this is very much an [EX] game. You may play any sort of monster creature you like, many examples of which can be found in King Serperior’s thread or Sherlock’s thread. If you want to play a human, please bear in mind what kind of setting this is and what kind of society your character grew up in. This isn’t your run of the mill monster girl game. While I don’t demand it, I expect to see a lot of horrible things going on! :D

To be clear, I'm being literal about humans not understanding halmon speech. If a human meets a neko, for example, all he/she will hear is meows. To the neko, the human makes noise that might be language, but they can't understand it. However, all halmon can speak to each other, thanks to the elves. That said, this is a very magical setting! Humans have -no- magic whatsoever, but the elves did. Solutions to the language problem may be found in the course of the game.

Most importantly, I cannot run this game alone or perhaps at all. I need at least one or two other people to take over most of the GM duties as I just don’t have the time to run a game. I would like to stay on as an advisor and hopefully a player, life permitting.

Is there interest in this sort of thing? I know it sounds a bit strange. Please let me know!

-~Navigation Nexus~-
Interest Thread (you are here!)
Character Thread

wander

Interested as a player, if this gets going... Not set on what monsterboy type I'd play yet, but very interested. :)

LeSane

My interest is peeked, but can I use my dark matter monster boy?
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

EdwardShane

LeSane

Dark Matter ダークマター

Monster Information
Family / Type
Spirit / Elemental
Habitat
Demon Realm
Disposition
Lustful

Encyclopedia Entry:

Also called "The Sun of Darkness," a dark matter is a being that embodies the combined desires of monsters and incubi, along with the monsters highly condensed demonic energy. Even though a Demon Realm is overflowing with the magical energies of monsters, dark matters only inhabit places with extremely high concentrations. The race is extremely rare and there are only a very few individuals in existence. The part that has the form of human, embodies the desire of monsters and the demonic energy of monsters.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

EdwardShane

I suppose that does bring up an important question.  Would we have to follow the MGE as a general rule of thumb, or are we allowed to opt out of being lascivious, sex-obsessed, promiscuous individuals if playing as a monster?  I admittedly tend to use the encyclopedia as inspiration as opposed to an end-all be-all set of rules when making monster characters.

You can use it as inspiration but there isn't going to be a set of rules like that. Play who you like. :) LeSane, that sounds okay.

Golden Spider

I would be interested as a player as well. Don't know what i would like to be however, ill figure that out if i'm allowed to join
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

LeSane

Quote from: Karma on January 08, 2016, 09:26:55 PM
You can use it as inspiration but there isn't going to be a set of rules like that. Play who you like. :) LeSane, that sounds okay.

Just the same as Ed I won't be following the thing for baitum, but if you are OK with it I'll drop my hat in.

wigglebiscuit

Karma, can you give some detail on what you see as the typical plots that will accompany this game? Are we talking about the total domination of the halmons? Is this going to be an insurgency against the humans? Are the elves making a comeback? Or are we going to limit it to scenes of the humans dominating the halmons?

All of these things are very possible as long as someone has time to run them. *laughs* I very definitely don't.

Golden Spider

Golden Spider

JoanieSappho

A (at least partially) Karma game where I can play a harpy like my avatar? Count me as definitely interested in playing.

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Drake Valentine

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

AndyZ

Keeping an eye on this, but, stupid question.  If humans don't have magic, how are they dominating with conquest?  Just sheer numbers?  Do humans have guns?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

It's for a lot of reasons, including those. They seem impossibly numerous and spend most days "increasing their ranks." They are technologically advanced (for the setting, they don't have computers or anything), they have a strong innate resistance to magic themselves, and probably most importantly, the vast majority of halmons don't have any magic that they can use for fighting. A cowgirl doesn't have much advantage over a human except hardiness and horns, for example. Some do have powers, of course, but they are much less common. Much of the magic in the world that could be used against humans is contained in elven technology which is very hard to find.

AndyZ

And to make sure, elves are off the table for PCs?  Most likely believed to be extinct?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

I wouldn't ban them but I would want to leave the final call there up to the GM.

wigglebiscuit

Finding a picture of a Neko that isn't just a sextoy is harder than it seems...

For some idea of things that may happen in this game, see these two posts: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=175937.msg11966133#msg11966133 https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=175937.msg11981836#msg11981836 They're a bit too much for the public area, so I'll just link to them. :)

I also put up a GM request in the other board.

Hob

Quote from: wigglebiscuit on January 12, 2016, 02:09:22 PM
Finding a picture of a Neko that isn't just a sextoy is harder than it seems...

If you haven't already, try searching under "feral neko" or "deadly neko".

AndyZ

If I went with the elf idea, it'd be more a shapeshifter pacifist trying to find ways to create harmony and coexistence.  If I went human...well, pretty much the opposite.

wigglebiscuit

After looking at the pics Karma posted, I think I'm going to go for something a little darker and more intimidating...like an arachnid.

JoanieSappho

Hrm. I really want the chance to play with/as the weirder sort of body type I like, but while I can deal fine with non-con stuff I'm not so sure about blood. How gory is this likely to be, does anyone know yet? (Or are we waiting for a co GM before deciding details?)

As gory as the players want it to be! And of course nothing will happen to your characters that you don't want.

EdwardShane

I'm admittedly waiting to see this idea more fully fleshed out before deciding what to play, exactly.  Though I have a feeling it'll be a less magically oriented species of some kind.

I'm willing to write up something much more detailed, but I'm hesitant to do so without having someone to hand it off to.

Hob

Having chatting with Karma about the story, I've offered to run a band of human hunters as NPCs if/when we can get this off the ground. (I might also run a merman, but that is up in the air... or more accurately, the water) This way whomever does end up GMing has one less set of "Bad guys" to worry about running. I do not have time to GM myself, as my 1x1 partners do take priority.

Quote from: Karma on January 11, 2016, 07:22:27 AM
It's for a lot of reasons, including those. They seem impossibly numerous and spend most days "increasing their ranks." They are technologically advanced (for the setting, they don't have computers or anything), they have a strong innate resistance to magic themselves, and probably most importantly, the vast majority of halmons don't have any magic that they can use for fighting. A cowgirl doesn't have much advantage over a human except hardiness and horns, for example. Some do have powers, of course, but they are much less common. Much of the magic in the world that could be used against humans is contained in elven technology which is very hard to find.

The humans as I see them might have one or two firearms per hunting group, but they would be of matchlock or wheel-lock variety. This means that they will be limited range, heavy, inaccurate, noisy, smokey, and (most of all) expensive. Powder would not just be wasted on any old monster that comes along! The humans would be hunting with bows, spears, swords, axes, fire, snares, traps, and their most deadly of weapons, their wits. In keeping with the setting as described, being shot is bad but being hacked apart is horrific.

As mentioned, the humans have a "strong innate resistance to magic."  Which I take to mean that a Siren or Succubus or Incubus (for example) might charm one or two hunters, but not the whole band at once. A Demon calling up dark forces to obliterate an opponent or a Dragon breathing magical fire might only injure or hinder the target. I would not take it to mean that humans are totally immune to magic, nor are they impervious to things like claws, teeth, horns, talons, or other sharp body parts that could rend them apart in seconds. Nor would they be immune to things like being stuck in an Arachne's webbing or being drown by a Mermaid. Ultimately, some sort of group consensus would have to be had on this, though.

Quote from: Karma on January 13, 2016, 02:53:56 PM
As gory as the players want it to be! And of course nothing will happen to your characters that you don't want.

As Karma has pointed out, consent is all. While the setting is one of horror and conflict for the characters, it's supposed to be fun for us as writers.

That being said, keep in mind that if you decide you want your character to be hunted, then that is exactly what will happen along with all the consequences of being caught; being enslaved, abused, tortured, raped (if the monster is "human" enough), killed, gutted, and eaten are all possibilities. Some humans will be cruel, some will be merely efficient, but either way the vast majority of them are going to be of the mindset that the halmon are nothing but animals, resources to be harvested and used.

Now before this all sounds too one-sided, please keep in mind that turn about is fair play and that this street goes both ways. A hunter who is unwary enough or unlucky enough to be lured into a trap set by monsters or be ambushed gets what he or she deserves. I have no issues with my characters dying or suffering similar fates to the ones described above so long as it serves the story. I will add that not all human are completely unsympathetic to the destruction they've caused (only about 5% or so, but it's something, right?), so it's entirely possible that killing a lone human might mean killing a potential ally. Then again?  It might also make for one hell of a poignant moment!

Here's hoping we find a GM or a couple of co-Gms soon, and we'll see what happens!

JoanieSappho

All but the gutting, I'm okay with, and I can skim over that well enough when it's happening to others and I don't need to focus too hard on it.
It's less that I don't want it to happen to my character and more I don't want to read about it in loving detail.
Admittedly, this is more of an informed off than a expressly known one.I know I'm bad with blood and such irl, and haven't gone near it in this sort of thing. I make no promises, but I can give it a shot, if it'l let me play a proper monster. And I can try skimming over those parts, I guess.

Hob

Quote from: JoanieSappho on January 13, 2016, 04:37:26 PM
All but the gutting, I'm okay with, and I can skim over that well enough when it's happening to others and I don't need to focus too hard on it.
It's less that I don't want it to happen to my character and more I don't want to read about it in loving detail.
Admittedly, this is more of an informed off than a expressly known one.I know I'm bad with blood and such irl, and haven't gone near it in this sort of thing. I make no promises, but I can give it a shot, if it'l let me play a proper monster. And I can try skimming over those parts, I guess.

And, again, everything is with players' consent. If you don't want to read about in detail, I won't put it in. Besides which, a living harpy or siren might be worth more than a dead one...

King Serperior

Now, while I will unable to play, I am keeping an eye on things.  This post caught my eye:
Quote from: Justric on January 13, 2016, 05:08:41 PM
And, again, everything is with players' consent. If you don't want to read about in detail, I won't put it in. Besides which, a living harpy or siren might be worth more than a dead one...

I thought I would offer a suggestion as to why a Harpy that is 90% bird like your avatar, Joanie, would have more worth alive than dead:  Mining detection.  After all, if the Harpy dies suddenly, it may be a good idea for the human overlords and slavemasters to get out of that tunnel!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Hob

Quote from: King Serperior on January 13, 2016, 05:12:11 PM
Now, while I will unable to play, I am keeping an eye on things.  This post caught my eye:
I thought I would offer a suggestion as to why a Harpy that is 90% bird like your avatar, Joanie, would have more worth alive than dead:  Mining detection.  After all, if the Harpy dies suddenly, it may be a good idea for the human overlords and slavemasters to get out of that tunnel!

I was thinking "garbage disposal" but that could work, too!

EdwardShane

That or maybe just a pet bird in a cage?  Like what we do with parrots.

Hob

Quote from: JoanieSappho on January 13, 2016, 04:37:26 PM

I think Karma is right, a judicious use of content tags will help everyone avoid unpleasantness that they don't wish to read through.  And also, in all honesty, I can't see many writers lining up to have their characters slaughtered and butchered in vivid detail.

Drake Valentine

Sorry, I lol at some of this.

Dragon's fire is 'magic?' I honestly do not see humans surviving a flame of fire that can lay waste to forests and buildings. much alone being able to do much to a dragon with mere flintlocks and other guns. Dragons are the boss monsters of any fantasy realm. Dragonkin/people/monster boys/girls of dragonic like body probably not so much; but a dragon itself is another entity of power and way out of league for mortals and other monstrous creatures. Hell, a dragon alone could probably wipe out the entire human invasion. Just saying.

There is a difference between fire and magical fire. Most dragons breathe actual fire, to be clear, but the point stands that effects based on magic will have a mitigated effect on humans.

The power level of dragons is entirely based on the setting, too. In some settings they're indomitable forces of nature and in others they're just a big scary animal. What's true for one story may not be true for another.

Drake Valentine

I understand your bias, Drake, :P but that will not be the case here.

Drake Valentine

Hob

Think of it this way, Drake:

The setting as Karma has presented it puts the humans as the dominant force in the land for generations, possibly for centuries. They were powerful enough to destroy the civilization of the magic-wielding elves near to the point of genocide (elves being referred to only in the past tense.)  If there were a beast powerful enough to cause the havoc and destruction as described, then the humans probably would not have expanded as far as they have. As it is, they appear to be virtually unchallenged.  Granted, one could make the argument for "sleeping giants" (if you will) but that brings in the question of rarity.

Whether a dragon's fire can be considered mundane or magical is an arguable point, and I agree that perhaps it was not the best example for me to cite. Regardless, it will ultimately be the call of whomever dons the GM hat.

AndyZ

From my perspective, in real life, a mundane knight is just not beating a dragon. This evens up the odds so it's quite feasible, as much for plot purposes as anything else.

wigglebiscuit

Drake does make a good point, though.

At some point it becomes a suspension of disbelief issue. You can say, "the humans were able to defeat the elves because they are immune to magic," and I can shrug if I don't think about it too much, even if it doesn't really make that much sense (which it doesn't).

But no matter how many times you say, "the humans were able to defeat the dragon because they are immune to magic," a big part of me is going to reply: "yeah, but it's a dragon. It's a big, freaking dragon. It doesn't need magic, because it's a big, freaking dragon. And no, muskets doesn't quite sell it. There's giving the GM some room to breathe (the elves) and there is ruling by fiat (dragons).

Either have no dragons, or significantly raise the tech level of the humans.

Smaug, a huge intelligent ancient dragon, died because he had a single scale missing and one guy got a lucky shot. You guys aren't thinking straight. Dragons come in all shapes and sizes, all levels of intelligence, all arrangements of magical powers or having none at all. Like everything else they are a product of whoever designs the setting. You are all talking as if there's just one type of dragon and that isn't true. It's also completely glossing over the fact that dragons are not the point of this game whatsoever; monster people are. You're fixated on an example that has already been admitted as poor. Get this thread back on a relevant topic please.

Hob

(Chuckling ruefully)

You know, I'm really starting to regret using a dragon as an example. It was really just an off-hand comment. Because, to be honest, before I said anything there was no mention of dragons in this setting at all regardless of size or destructive capability!  I don't think they were supposed to be part of the story in the least!

EdwardShane

If I may interject one final thing.

My anticipation is that we aren't talking about the giant, huge wingspan, fire/acid/frost/lightning/what have you breathing monstrosities that capture princesses and eat knights for breakfast, armor and all.

We're referring to dragon monster girls/boys, which are roughly human sized beings.  They might be tough, yes, but enough humans would arguably overpower one.  A single human does have a chance at beating one, and if they gang up on one their chances rise accordingly.

Short version, we're dealing with something more like this as opposed to this.  Huge difference.

That is correct, Edward! If giant fantasy beasts have a part to play in this game it will be limited to big plot events. They aren't a primary feature of the setting. I'm in discussion with a GM candidate and if that goes well I will be updating the thread with a detailed game concept post when I find the time.

Jezabelle

Hello friends!

I am the aforementioned GM candidate.  Leveling with you here, I've never run such a large game before, but I'm willing to go for a challenge if you're willing to have me.

Right now I'm working on Humanity fluff\backstory, and dealing with the how-the-hell'd-they-beat-magic? question.  A few fun facts which are only quasi-canon at this point, feel free to be like "ewww" and tell me what you'd prefer/dislike about it:

+Humans have access to an ore which when refined can produce a purple steel with magical resistance; mostly these were just for stylish jewelry and noble's swords but now that they've had to face magic they're being widely used for weaponry.

+Humanity has access to easily movable trebuchets, repeating heavy crossbows, heavy black powder based Bombards for naval warfare and fixed defenses, and are generally the only real civilizations, as well as the only warlike societies.

+Mega-beasts are rare, and among them ones that are inherently violent are rare, but certainly exist; if they all decided to gang-bang Humanity at once they'd probably push them to the brink of being wiped off the continent, but most of these entities spend their time feuding with one another.  At most immediate family clans cooperate, and even then treachery and power struggles are common.  Dragons can kill hundreds of humans and certainly none of them have a snowflake's chance in hell of taking one in single combat, but a Great Bombard scoring a lucky shot or a boulder or a hail of crossbow bolts is often too real a possibility for an inherently self centered being to risk.  Mostly humans give dragons and their ilk a wide berth and build a series of watch towers\fortifications to know if they soiree.

+Magic has been developed and used in a cottage-industry fashion for sex, healing, and psychedelics--while it may have vast untapped warfare potential, there has been no basis for anything approaching "warfare" until just now; Human tech doesn't outstrip magic, not by a long shot, but magic hasn't been developed for combat.  Offensive magic certainly exists, but its emphasis would be single combat or anti-predator.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to have hashed out before hand.  As far as Monsterboy/girl breeds are going I was thinking we'd leave that as open as possible so players could bring their own concepts to the table there, but as far as Magic is concerned Karma and I are toying with a physical connection to casting (which would be largely cantrips or rituals).    This would allow Humans to make some monstergirls\boys involuntarily cast via specialized restraining apparatus, but of course is not guaranteed to be possible if that's not ya cup of tea.

Welcome to the spotlight! This is all generally within what I had imagined, but I'd like to remind everyone that Big Monsters aren't and won't be a focus, and certainly for now can be ignored entirely. It will be humans and halmons entirely for a good while. I have the day off tomorrow so I will be working on the core concept document and get an example character sheet up for y'all!

Drake Valentine

wander

Still keeping an eye out, haven't posted as I've been waiting for more concrete details to come in, I'll be poking in a bit more often now. And Jezabelle GMing too, I'm pleasantly excited. :)

Hob

Just some random thoughts and opinions...

Quote from: Jezabelle on January 14, 2016, 11:37:17 PM
+Humans have access to an ore which when refined can produce a purple steel with magical resistance; mostly these were just for stylish jewelry and noble's swords but now that they've had to face magic they're being widely used for weaponry.

I like this! Although hopefully a better name can be found than "Purple Steel"?  Sounds like heavy metal cover band for Prince songs.

Quote+Humanity has access to easily movable trebuchets, repeating heavy crossbows, heavy black powder based Bombards for naval warfare and fixed defenses, and are generally the only real civilizations, as well as the only warlike societies.

(Laughing to myself) I just had this image in my head of the hunters pushing along a trebuchet... But to the topic, the tech level as you described it would be roughly 15th Century, yes?

Quote+Mega-beasts are rare, and among them ones that are inherently violent are rare, but certainly exist; if they all decided to gang-bang Humanity at once they'd probably push them to the brink of being wiped off the continent, but most of these entities spend their time feuding with one another.  At most immediate family clans cooperate, and even then treachery and power struggles are common.  Dragons can kill hundreds of humans and certainly none of them have a snowflake's chance in hell of taking one in single combat, but a Great Bombard scoring a lucky shot or a boulder or a hail of crossbow bolts is often too real a possibility for an inherently self centered being to risk.  Mostly humans give dragons and their ilk a wide berth and build a series of watch towers\fortifications to know if they soiree.

*weeps for ever having mentioned dragons to begin with*

Quote+Magic has been developed and used in a cottage-industry fashion for sex, healing, and psychedelics--while it may have vast untapped warfare potential, there has been no basis for anything approaching "warfare" until just now; Human tech doesn't outstrip magic, not by a long shot, but magic hasn't been developed for combat.  Offensive magic certainly exists, but its emphasis would be single combat or anti-predator

... would allow Humans to make some monstergirls\boys involuntarily cast via specialized restraining apparatus, but of course is not guaranteed to be possible if that's not ya cup of tea.

Not quite sure about this last part. I'll wait and see how it develops.

QuoteLet me know if there's anything else you'd like to have hashed out before hand.

Just a point of clarification: Is the reason that the humans hunt/enslave/harvest/domesticate/eat halmon because there are no other large creatures for them to survive off of?  In other words, in this land did the halmon fill the ecological niches that creatures like bears, deer, wolves, cows, pigs, etc... etc... would have in whatever lands the human originally came from? And to what extent have humans domesticated halmon? Are there monsters who have basically been bred into captivity for generations?

On your last point, that's exactly right. Animals exist on the continent, but the halmon are the primary form of life. There are absolutely large swathes of halmon that have been farmed for centuries, though they aren't quite as obedient as actual animals are, which of course does them no favors.

Drake Valentine

But seriously.

My views on magic and technology.

Magic breaks the fundamental principle of physics.

Technology reinforces the fundamentals of physics.

Obviously the both of them would be yin and yang.

As far as technology, I believe Industry Revolution may work best for humans, they achieve a point allowing the use of steamworks/steam engines and nothing over the top in firearms, still flintlocks or muskets, there may be cannons, the highest tier of technology if we want to branch the fantasy realm may be flying Zepplins operating off of again, steam power. There may be those that gear armor or take technological trades, anything that may apply to the laws of physics of a civilized life may build their immunity against magic.

This isn't to say magic is completely outclassed, but I do not see a magical beast having much power or influence in a city of humans given the obvious amount of technology would downgrade actual power/make magic fizzle or not even work at all. As a result, magic cannot be harness by humans, if they are immune or highly resistant, they will not reap the benefits of healing and also they cannot learn magic, period. I foresee only those of a free spirit/deprive of technology/basic savage or primitive by civilized human standards be less immune to such powers and may adapt or learn it; if such was to ever arise in the GM world for the game, but most humans do not have the potential or power given their upbringing.

Does this mean magic is completely useless against humans? No. There should be territorial areas as well where magic may counteract with technology. I can also see powerful beings of magic causing parties of humans guns to backfire on them or not even work period. Of course, such should be left up to be overseen of how much one would allow in happening, but I do not see Harmon having any advantage whatsoever if they raid a human city, assuming humans got a good foothill of technology level out in town, that magic would mostly be useless. The same could be said in a technological aspect if humans push deeper into territory that may be more heavily magically inclined. There should be some grounds to balance to this whole magic vs technology.

EdwardShane

Ehhhhh.  I'd need a bit more solid of a reason as to why technology and magic clash in that manner to accept it, admittedly.  I don't see magic fizzling in a tech area just because there's tech in the vicinity (unless it's designed particularly for the sole purpose of countering magic) and vice versa.  Both things would need to have logical explanations as to why they counteract each other.  IE, a machine that emits wavelengths that screws with the flow of magic or a brand of probably trickster magic that causes mishaps and such preventing mechanical stuff from working properly.  I'm sorry, but I personally can't buy into the whole 'it happens because they're opposites' bit, and would have to bow out if it were implemented.

That's not something we'll be using. This is a middle fantasy setting, not a steampunk or Victorian one. Thank you for your ideas, Drake.

AndyZ

I'm not a GM for this, so I leave it to GMs if they want it to be enforced.  I only mention it because it may help.

The thing between magic and technology is that technology is much, much easier to share.

If I want to learn how to construct a fireball spell, I need to spend years learning about the true nature of fire, have the proper reagents on hand, whatever this setting requires of magic.  At the very least, it'll take a few years to learn the spell.

If I want to shoot a gun, I can have one blacksmith crank out a musket every week or so.  I can teach someone the basics of shooting in a few days, and they may not be great shots, but a dozen of them could take down enough monsters to inspire fear in the rest.

If you've ever seen a movie where a crew of people come into with guns and subdue a crowd twenty times their size, the same tactics apply.  Add to that that while humans might know about reload times, technological is just as mysterious to the mystical as magic is to humans.

Wars are won with attrition. Real life world wars had huge casualties as you were effectively throwing bodies against machine guns, and that requires enormous coordination between those willing to fight.  Granted, there was also that your own side would gun you down if you try to run away.

It's not at all difficult to imagine a group of humans with guns meeting a group of halmon, the most combat-worthy and aggressive of the halmon fighting back and getting shot, and the rest simply submitting.

It also occurs to me that, if dragons exist in this setting at all, they might well accept bribes from the humans in order to turn on their fellow halmon.

But again, I'm not GM, and this is just how I see things.  Up to the GMs how accurate this all is.

You've got the right idea. A vital point is that the halmon are not organized. Clans and family groups, yes, but no cities, and for the most part not even villages. They are for the most part not warlike because they didn't need to be until it was far too late.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Justric on January 15, 2016, 06:50:08 AM
Just some random thoughts and opinions...

I like this! Although hopefully a better name can be found than "Purple Steel"?  Sounds like heavy metal cover band for Prince songs.

Yeah, I just didn't want to innundate you guys with proper nouns.  I'm also doing lots of work on the history of the Human nations and how they spent the last few centuries (at the least) all on their lonesome.

(Laughing to myself) I just had this image in my head of the hunters pushing along a trebuchet... But to the topic, the tech level as you described it would be roughly 15th Century, yes?
Roughly, with a cho-ku-no analogue invented by not!HRE-if-it-were-way-multicultural.  Your pioneer huntsmen are probably using bows with tri-shots (the cho-ku-no analogue) in a defensive arsenal for if shit ever hits the fan.

I intend to fluff it as Humans generally prefer pole-arms or spears on this continent, because monsterboys/girls have things like claws and natural armour that make closer combat riskier in general, but honour\profession\tradition\unique circumstances\personal skill all factor in to that.

*weeps for ever having mentioned dragons to begin with*

If\when mega-beasts come in, they probably wouldn't be Dragons.  I have some plans for that I've discussed with Karma, but to hit things off the most imposing threat around will probably be yours hunstmen tbqh.

Quote from: Drake Valentine on January 15, 2016, 07:52:24 AM
Magic breaks the fundamental principle of physics.

Technology reinforces the fundamentals of physics.

Obviously the both of them would be yin and yang.

This isn't to say magic is completely outclassed, but I do not see a magical beast having much power or influence in a city of humans given the obvious amount of technology would downgrade actual power/make magic fizzle or not even work at all.

I think as far as the "but-who-would-win?" argument is concerned, the fact that there are neither TOTAL-warlike entities nor civilizations to speak of on the Halmons continent. 

In fact, the best hope for Halmon "civilization" is probably the fact that if they don't get organized they'll be domesticated by Humans.  As for Elves, various Human colonizing factions will have different ideas about them... but mostly... they'd either be taken as prized fuck slaves and "civilized," tortured and experimented upon, or written off as vile barbarians told to keep clear at best.  I don't know if this has been said in-thread but Karma clarified Elf-Human comms are possible at present, but that doesn't fix Halmon-Human-Elf comms because, well:

Think about it as a dirty caveman with pointy ears and a sexy face explaining to you that the cows have feelings, thoughts, and communicate with him--and you should set them all free, not kill them for beef or milk them.  Does BigAgri stop for those folks in `Murika? Naw.  Neither would these colonizing powers.

Quote from: EdwardShane on January 15, 2016, 10:20:07 AM
Ehhhhh.  I'd need a bit more solid of a reason as to why technology and magic clash in that manner to accept it, admittedly.  I don't see magic fizzling in a tech area just because there's tech in the vicinity (unless it's designed particularly for the sole purpose of countering magic) and vice versa.  Both things would need to have logical explanations as to why they counteract each other.  IE, a machine that emits wavelengths that screws with the flow of magic or a brand of probably trickster magic that causes mishaps and such preventing mechanical stuff from working properly.  I'm sorry, but I personally can't buy into the whole 'it happens because they're opposites' bit, and would have to bow out if it were implemented.

Tech v Magic would be more like "oh fuck, that Elf in the cells performed a ritual of Sprout Tree on a seed he planted in the jail wall last night and the partial collapse allowed some prisoners to escape.

Go break his fucking arms so he can't do it again.  Yes, Dave, for the third time."

Elves don't summon down meteorites or cause wild fires or shred souls with their magic--they've never wanted to develop in that direction.  Magic simply isn't tapped for its great warfare capabilities.  Magic's roof is higher than tech's, I grant you, but one has been progressing and the other hasn't.

Maybe think of it like D&D Martials v Casters.  Casters (Elf\Halmons with an Elf-ish understanding of their magic) are stuck playing with cantrips and some nature\sex magick whereas the Martials (Humans) have all been gaining eXP and phat lewt.

AndyZ also makes some good points, although I don't want to comment to heavily on the nature of magic or/And the spread of magical spells between casters.

And to what extent have humans domesticated halmon? Are there monsters who have basically been bred into captivity for generations?
I've right now tentatively got not!HRE breeding ride-able Centaur-ish and similar "mountable" monsterboys\girls as Destriders for use by Knights.  They have a system of
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
forced cannibalism
, selective breeding, extensive training, and good mount-rider partnering to make this highly effective and prevent 'defections' back to their natural Halmon existence.

Generations?  For the rather short lived sure.  For the longer lived?  Hmmm.  Would need Karma's ruling there, Humans have been here long enough to set up shoppe but not long enough to suss out everything formerly unknown\map the whole place\tread all the land there is to be trod, is the general sense I'm getting, so if there are they'd probably be first-contact coastal races.

wander

About technology reinforcing the laws of physics, the Sons of Ether and Virtual Adepts from Mage:the Ascencion would say otherwise. ;)

Drake Valentine

wigglebiscuit

I've been following this thread since its inception, and while I realize that a lot of posts have been focused on explaining the situation from a human perspective, I am failing to see what the thrust of it all is.

In other words, what is the 'typical' plot arc or scene? In D&D, for example, it is 'kill monsters and take their stuff.'

What I am getting from this thread is that the thrust of this game is 'meet monstergirls and eat them/fuck them to death. Before anyone points it out, I know that vore scenes will be consensual, but if the point of the game is to butcher monstergirls and rape them to death, that's kinda a moot point.

So, I can't communicate with humans, I don't have any civilization to speak of, and my outlook is pretty grim. Why would I want to make a character for this game?

Before you get snippy with me, please remember that I am interested in this game, I just don't understand the larger picture.

That will be part of the concept post when I can find time to complete it, but initially it's a scenario game. You have fairly free reign on what you want to play and the setting allows it to be as dark as you like. We have already left a few doors open on how the status quo can change in the long run but the direction that goes will be decided as the game is played. Just because there's no cities doesn't mean there's no society, though. The elves will have their part to play as well. If the setting doesn't start in a bad situation then there's no conflict, you know?

EdwardShane

It's that concept of that there's always hope that things might get better.  The halmon just gotta work hard for it, and potentially spill some blood among other actions.  At least that's what I'm getting.

I also know what I may wanna play now, in terms of monster species.  (hellhound girl)  Just unsure of how to build her character sheet just yet, much less figure out her history and what all she fully can and can't do as of the start....and well, just her general character overall.  It'll come to me as I make the sheet, I'm sure.

Jezabelle

Quote from: wigglebiscuit on January 15, 2016, 11:42:20 PM
So, I can't communicate with humans, I don't have any civilization to speak of, and my outlook is pretty grim. Why would I want to make a character for this game?

Think of the humans as an existential threat to drive together family-based a-civilized groups who are unique monstergirls\boys.  If in captivity, death isn't all there is--getting milked, being trained to ride, or used as a beast of burden are all possibilities.  There's also the chance you get fucked by humans cause let's be real here, there be perverts yo, even if they think of you as animals they may still wanna ride your dick\put a dick in ya.

Imagine an idyllic monstergirl\boy ecosystem of fun and frolicking with dark tales of some strange proto-Elves who wield no magic but come in huge numbers to hunt and capture.

wander

I'll be dropping my interest, it's pretty clear this kind of game won't be for me.

Jezabelle

Quote from: wander on January 16, 2016, 12:36:35 AM
I'll be dropping my interest, it's pretty clear this kind of game won't be for me.

Regrettable.  At risk of prying, might I ask what original piqued your interest you feel is lacking now?  I perfectly respect that sometimes things just don't work out, but iDon't want to go alienating the crowd.  My job here is just to help facilitate people having fun with an idea, and I'm not married to most any of what I've put forward so far.

wander

Not really a fan of playing a character very likely going to be taken prisoner and treated like an animal, basically... And I'm not really a fan of playing a human that will be dishing out some pretty extreme level guro punishment. I don't mind the D/s element at all, though I get a real sense this game is gonna be guro, which isn't me tbh.

ThisOneGal

I'm... kinda interested in this? It looks like it might end up skewing too extreme for me in the gore/vore department, but playing a monstergirl sounds fun. I'm toying with a spidergirl who's learned from the humans and is either going around trapping them or has been captured by them and is used to hunt/trap other monstergirls.

Jezabelle

Quote from: wander on January 16, 2016, 01:14:46 AM
Not really a fan of playing a character very likely going to be taken prisoner and treated like an animal, basically... And I'm not really a fan of playing a human that will be dishing out some pretty extreme level guro punishment. I don't mind the D/s element at all, though I get a real sense this game is gonna be guro, which isn't me tbh.
Quote from: wander on January 16, 2016, 01:14:46 AM

I don't do hard vore\guro, and I'd only do le soft vore at request.  Hopefully that won't interfere with anybody's desires, and I refer only to my own posting with that statement, not to restrict the posting of others.

Mostly y'all can chill out and be monstergirl\boys with a sort of existential threat out there, the prisoner-product-food arc would only be for those who wanted it.  Of course, there is an inherent disconnect when some players are in that situation, but look at how it'll start:

One camp of player-run huntsmen.  Even if you did get captured, escape\rescue is relatively feasible. 

Of course, Karma's word still goes on all of this, but I wasn't getting a vibe where the players are doomed so much as over the course of decades Halcon are doomed to subservience if the status quo stands.

Drake Valentine

I like my monstergirls with a side of eggs and dash of ginger.

Check please.

Please keep in mind that the game will be what you make it. The deep dark stuff is open as an option to those that want it but it is not required. If you want to play a character that never even sees a human, that's your choice.

Hob

Before everyone gets too freaked out, just a word regarding the whole eating thing...

One, vore implies some sort of sexual connotation. Sorry. Not happening. At least not among the humans. They would be eating because they need to and not because they get off on it. How the more carnivorous halmon regard humans (or each other)?  Well, that's up to those of you playing monsters. If an arachne finds some pleasure in seducing and then eating his/her prey, that's up to that character's player.

Two, while human society at large in this world does eat certain halmon, the hunters as I'm seeing them will probably be far more concentrated on capture than killing. What happens when (if) they get back to civilization is another matter, one for the GM. In the meantime, however, my humans will be focused primarily on capturing prey alive. Death can still happen if there's reason for it, but in general they'll get paid better for bringing in living (fresher) prey than weeks old dead meat. If a player wants their character to be eaten?  Well, we'll deal with that when it comes and probably behind a spoiler. Will there be references to humans eating things like holstaur jerky and butchering carcasses?  Yes, most likely. It is a horrible world. But I am not going to delve into great and graphic detail over it any more than I would in writing about myself eating beef jerky.

A side note regarding gore: These are professional hunters/trappers, not sadists. (Well, maybe one or two of them, you always get a few in every crowd). If character death does occur, it will a) be with the player's consent and b) be done efficiently. They wouldn't stand over the prey cackling maniacally as it lays there and suffers, plotting out pointless mutilations to commit just to get their jollies (unless that's what someone REALLY wants for their character and I've had more than a few stiff drinks beforehand); there's no profit in it. Some torture may occur, yes. Branding, the harvesting of antlers or horns, stuff like that... But it would be work related as far as the humans are concerned, not pointless or needlessly gory.

Three, as already pointed out, once captured or trapped, escape is possible especially if the halmon work together and/or work on swaying the few humans who might be sympathetic (I did mention that before, yes? That a couple of the hunters might be pliable? Even *gasp* leaving options open for forbidden romances!) It is also possible to kill the humans! Again, resistant to magic does not mean resistant to claws and teeth and spider webbing.

Four, your character does not have to have anything to do with the human hunters at all. Work with the GM! Talk to each other! Come up with other interactions! Maybe there's rumors of a secret elven haven or treasure trove that the halmon would love to find? Maybe they're heard tell of a place that's never seen humans? Maybe they suddenly find themselves with a human baby or young child and have to figure out what to do with him/her? Maybe there is a type of rare, dangerous monster that the characters could strike a deal with? Maybe some halmon are working on creating a new food source that humans can use instead of killing off the golden goose?  The possibilities are endless, really!

Five? And here is the really silly thing about me... Communication. Respect. Working together. As writers in a group RP, we would be partners. I would hope that during the story we would talk with one another, express our desires, and be willing to trust each other along the way to bring about those desires. Are we always going to agree? No, of course not! That would be insane to expect that! But as rational adults, we can compromise or back away gracefully from any given scenario, and those hopefully few events that can not be handled with decorum and kindness is where the GM would step in as arbiter. Here is where I'll also note that if something too disagreeable is written?  It CAN be edited! I known I am more than willing to change a post of mine if the change better serves the story.

The goal of this story is not to have a bunch of humans killing off and fucking halmon. Heck, that's happening already in this world, and if we wanted to focus on that we could set the story much earlier than several generations in. The goal, as I would see it, is to tell a tale that reaches beyond the characters themselves. Whether that tale is the extermination of the halmon and the subsequent fall of the humans as they deplete their resources, the rise of the halmon to fight back against their oppressors, the return of the elves to establish peace, or the human realization and acceptance of halmon sapience and free will?  That will be for us (and our new, beloved GM) to determine as we go along, together.

*blushes and gets down off of the soapbox*

wigglebiscuit

Justric,

I am very close to going with this RP. I want to like it, and I do. What is holding me back, honestly, isn't the violence, especially now that you and others have explained it. I like where you are going with this.

What I would like you guys to consider, and this is *just* a suggestion, is the inability to communicate. Maybe I have misunderstood, but consider making it possible for halmon and human to converse. This will facilitate roleplaying. Maybe overcoming that barrier is part of the game itself.

Besides, we humans don't need a language barrier to 'dehumanize' the halmon, we have a history of doing that to our own species. Perhaps we can say that the religious leaders of the humans decreed that halmon don't have souls, and leave it at that.

This would also allow us to more easily introduce human sympathizers, or situations were halmons extend mercy to humans or vice versa. Or, to appease both sides, you have 'domesticated' halmon that are lower in intelligence and incapable of speaking anything other than their own language (even other halmon dialects) but also have room for halmon 'ferals' who are quite capable of speaking the human tongues. (Like the humans from old-school Planet of the Apes.)

Just a thought. Please consider it.

I have been thinking about that since this morning, and I think you're right. Rather, the halmon will use their own language and humans generally don't care to learn it. Halmon, being uneducated, have a very hard time learning human as well unless they're domesticated. Still, not impossible.

AndyZ

The meows, chirps, etc. could very well be the language.  Perhaps an ancient Elven spell allows all halmon to communicate with a version of allspeak wherein any halmon can intuitively understand any other halmon's language.

That's effectively the case. Elves shortcutted the process with magic so they never had to translate. Humans aren't in on that. That means they do need to translate... But most of them don't care! Not all of them though.

EdwardShane

Just because verbal communication is difficult does not mean that other forms of it aren't available.  Could always go the charades/pictionary route.  ::)

Hob

I think it's much like the aforementioned Planet of the Apes analogy. Humans are raised and taught to believe that halmon are animals. Domesticated halmon could well be slower or more socially awkward than wild ones simply because they were raised without any understanding of their own people. So humans might well be subconsciously ignoring nonverbal attempts at communication or misunderstanding it. ("Oh, look! It's copying me! I wonder what other tricks it can do?")

There are in all likelihood humans in power who know perfectly well that halmon are just as intelligent (and maybe even more so) as they are. But just as in Planet of the Apes, that knowledge would be suppressed. After all, we are talking about the basis for the human's economy here, their way of life! Such a ripple as knowing that halmon are not merely intelligent but also self-aware could easily cause chaos in the human's civilization. While humanity does have history of cannibalism and slavery, it also has a history of factions rising up to fight such things. There would be those who eventually band together to fight on behalf of liberating the halmon for a variety of different reasons once their true nature is discovered. It could lead to civil war.

(Grins) And wouldn't the halmon just have a grand old time with that!

EdwardShane

True.  Perhaps I should have phrased it a bit better, saying we could try to go that route instead of just using it.  But, provided a human could be found who would care to try and see it as an attempt at communication, and would attempt to reciprocate, it could potentially work quite well until someone or another could learn the language of the other species.

This also brings the question to mind as to whether halmon have a written language or not?  Won't really help when it comes to human communication, but could be useful in other ways.

Here is a quick character sheet example so you guys can get started. :)

Character Name: Moralka the Apostate
Role: Mercenary, bounty hunter, slaver
Species: Drakeling
Orientation: Indiscriminate, dominant
Height: 6'
Weight: 170

Abilities:
Hardskin: Though not truly scaled, drakeling skin is exceptionally tough. A typical sword attack won’t break the skin with only one strike, and glancing blows will slide right off.
Flame Projection: As inheritors of ancient dragon blood, drakelings can also breathe fire as well as project it from their hands and feet.

Background:
With war comes profiteering, and Moralka was no exception. When the humans invaded, most halmon fought or ran, but a few chose to collaborate for fun and profit. Moralka (and hundreds like her) live in the gray area between human and halmon. As natives, these halmon know the land and the people, but have chosen to take human money and other boons to betray their kind. Humans don’t typically treat these collaborators significantly better in their society than other halmon, but they are protected from slavery and abuse as long as they continue to show that they scorn their own every bit as much as the humans do.

As a collaborator, Moralka has captured thousands of halmon for the voracious human empires. Though she is not especially violent with them in her work, they have suffered greatly at the hands of those she has delivered them to. She thrives on the hunt.

Hob

Shiny, Karma! Love the pic!

With luck (and fingers crossed) I hope to get a start on something for the humans tonight.

Drake Valentine

Now in code

[float=left][IMG height=200 padding=5]*IMG URL*[/img][/float][b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Abilities:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

Drake is image claiming

EdwardShane

So what are the general guidelines where abilities are concerned, just out of curiosity?  I don't wanna overpower/underpower the character I'm thinking of making.

Jezabelle

Quote from: EdwardShane on January 17, 2016, 02:20:22 PM
So what are the general guidelines where abilities are concerned, just out of curiosity?  I don't wanna overpower/underpower the character I'm thinking of making.

Some limited mastery of associated elements (magic-side) and things that are related to your race biologically I'd say.  Flame Projection, for example, does not a Fire Bender make, but does give some 'mastery.'  Mostly fluff to inform of your race\individual abilities, rather than what they are capable of vis-a-vis head to head fighting, which is the sort of thing worked out b\t players and GMs in free-forming.

JoanieSappho

Now to try and find a not-glasses-wearing harpy of the sort I like. Since I know exactly what I want, but glasses wouldn't really work in this setting.
Those juicy juicy birdthighs, on the other hand ...

ThisOneGal

I've been poking around for spidergirl reference images. Any preferences?

Option 1

+ Sinister
+ Well drawn
- Short legs
- Eh anatomy
- Human hands

http://myrmirada.deviantart.com/art/Monster-6-Spider-Girl-Arachne-337779884

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 2

+ Cool anatomy
+ Well drawn
- White background
- Clothed
- Is a Drider

http://medusa171.deviantart.com/art/Lydia-530143075

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 3

+ Nailed it
- Black and white sketch

http://nsio.deviantart.com/art/Luscia-the-Spider-Girl-479689931

Option 4

+ Different/exotic
- Sketch
- Eh anatomy

http://nora-cintra.deviantart.com/art/spider-girl-process-329024693

Option 5

+ Well drawn
+ Sinister
- Multiple characters
- Active pose

www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=7761188
http://monster-girl-luv.tumblr.com/post/23511108039/my-favorite-spider-girl-pic-3

Option 6

+ Cool
= Mantis alternate
- Clothed
- No manipulator hands

http://oniika.deviantart.com/art/03112015-519601196

Option 7

+ Cool
= Mantis alternate
- Not sinister

http://slugbox.deviantart.com/art/Nae-443466135

Hob

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 17, 2016, 03:57:04 PM
I've been poking around for spidergirl reference images. Any preferences?

Option 1

+ Sinister
+ Well drawn
- Short legs
- Eh anatomy
- Human hands

http://myrmirada.deviantart.com/art/Monster-6-Spider-Girl-Arachne-337779884

Option 2

+ Cool anatomy
+ Well drawn
- White background
- Clothed
- Is a Drider

http://medusa171.deviantart.com/art/Lydia-530143075

Option 3

+ Nailed it
- Black and white sketch

http://nsio.deviantart.com/art/Luscia-the-Spider-Girl-479689931

Option 4

+ Different/exotic
- Sketch
- Eh anatomy

http://nora-cintra.deviantart.com/art/spider-girl-process-329024693

Option 5

+ Well drawn
+ Sinister
- Multiple characters
- Active pose

www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=7761188
http://monster-girl-luv.tumblr.com/post/23511108039/my-favorite-spider-girl-pic-3

Option 6

+ Cool
= Mantis alternate
- Clothed
- No manipulator hands

http://oniika.deviantart.com/art/03112015-519601196

Option 7

+ Cool
= Mantis alternate
- Not sinister

http://slugbox.deviantart.com/art/Nae-443466135

One or three, with a preference for three.

Although, if I might also tempt you? (LARGE)

EdwardShane

Character Name: Kylrya Ivi
Role: Warrior, Guardian, Scout
Species: Hellhound
Orientation: Straight/Dominant
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 164 lbs

Abilities:
Canine Advantages:  Hellhounds not only have enhanced senses of sight, smell, and hearing, but are also fairly swift and strong as well.  They can move even faster when they are on all fours.
Forged in Hellfire:  A Hellhound's claws, both on their hands and feet, are much like steel blades in terms of what they can pierce and deflect.  In addition, they are attuned to Hellfire, being capable of breathing a blast of flame capable of burning in water and rumored to burn through to harm the soul itself.  This rumor is due to the intense amounts of pain damage from the flames can cause an individual if they should live through a violent encounter with one.
Hot-blooded:  Their attunement to Hellfire also raises their normal body temperature to abnormal levels compared to most other beings, making wearing too much clothing uncomfortable for a Hellhound.  They have heat and toxin resistance, which makes it difficult to harm with flames due to their ties, and their elevated body temperature makes it hard to poison or drug them because their body will naturally help burn up the invasive substance.  Their skin is very warm to the touch, although their blood can scald others that lack fire resistance, and cause some materials to smolder while in contact with their blood.  This makes harming them in certain ways a risky venture without proper preparation for many beings, though it requires their spilled blood come into direct contact with a susceptible object or creature's skin to take effect.  This does, however, make them vulnerable to cold based attacks and effects, and being within a cold environment would require them to do whatever they can to maintain their body temperature.

Background: When Kylrya's pack encountered a group of humans for the first time, there wasn't really a scuffle.  The encounter was brief, with the humans backing out of their territory rather quickly.  Being the proud individuals that they were, the alphas made the assumption that the strange creatures had realized that they were intruding on the turf of entities that they shouldn't be messing around with.  Of course, they were wrong, as that initial group of humans were really just scouting the area out.   They came back in larger numbers on the second encounter to try and capture the hellhounds.  This didn't go quite as well as the humans planned, with the hellhounds successfully fending them away from their territory.  Mainly, due to the fact that they had a few tricks up their sleeves the humans hadn't anticipated.  There were minor casualties on the human side before the retreat was called, and several injured on the hellhound side.

The third time the humans were encountered went far differently, as they had prepared themselves more adequately after having learned from that second encounter.  This time, they managed to subdue and capture most of the pack, only sustaining a few injuries that would heal in time.  The hellhounds didn't know what was in store for them, but they knew that they didn't like where the situation was going.  Only a small handful of them escaped due to running away when told to by those higher within the hierarchy of the pack.  Kylrya was one of these individuals.

The few that escaped, ever loyal to the pack, decided that the best course of action was to split up and try to seek out others who might be able to help them learn the fates of those who were captured, and if possible, get them freed.  Kylrya's tactic was to offer her services to groups of Halmon that she believed could maybe help her, acting as a guard for an individual or group at some times and being a scout to try and help keep tabs on nearby human activity at others.  In exchange, she only wanted to be ensured that she was fed and had a place to stay for the duration she aided them, as well as any information about other Hellhounds in human possession that they might have.

I had figured that, perhaps, Hellhounds would be difficult to domesticate.  Though they would be highly valued and effective guard dogs, hunting hounds, and/or bloodsport arena animals once they are broken in should a human be willing to go through with the effort of taming them.

Hopefully I did the profile well and everything looks good.  Please tell me if this is not the case, I would be happy to make changes as needed.

Hob

Pardon a question on my part, but perhaps a Character Thread is needed to keep everything together?  Just a thought so everything doesn't get jumbled together.

Jezabelle

Quote from: Justric on January 17, 2016, 04:37:02 PM
Pardon a question on my part, but perhaps a Character Thread is needed to keep everything together?  Just a thought so everything doesn't get jumbled together.

Sexonded, if Karma signs off I could make one.

EdwardShane

^^" sorry.  Maybe I shoulda PM'ed it instead, didn't mean to make things confusing.

Hob

Quote from: EdwardShane on January 17, 2016, 04:39:04 PM
^^" sorry.  Maybe I shoulda PM'ed it instead, didn't mean to make things confusing.

No need to apologize! To be honest, it looks like you put a lot of work into it. You have every right to want to show it off.

EdwardShane

Quote from: Justric on January 17, 2016, 04:46:21 PM
No need to apologize! To be honest, it looks like you put a lot of work into it. You have every right to want to show it off.

I certainly did try!  Even if it's not accepted as is, I at least hope it was interesting to read what I had envisioned as a possible character/race and such.

Jezabelle

*ding*

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=242935.0

Fresh out of the oven.  Fineprint credited Drake for his code-ifying of the character sheet.  Will go add Karma's example now.

Please remember it is a PM approval process, but you are welcome to float concept(s)heets here.  ;D
So, post away, but PM me once you have what you want considered for approval.

Hob

Some sneak peaks at the humans... (Edit: Please note, however, that I am NOT going to do a separate posting for each human! No way do I have that kind of time! For the most part, when I do post for them it'll be as a group.)

ThisOneGal

Looking for feedback before submitting.

NameScarlett
RoleStalker (hunter/trapper), Slave
GenderFemale
SpeciesArachne
Orientation   Lesbian, Dominant (although things don't always work that way)
Age26
Height~6', range of 4'-12' (would be low 5' as a human)
Span~12', range of 3'-20'
Weight~500 lbs.

Abilities
Arachne Traits
Scarlett has eight legs, can climb almost anything, has multiple eyes, can see in the dark and is (mostly) covered by a tough exoskeleton. Her exoskeletal material is roughly equivalent to steel, albeit lighter. She is substantially stronger and quicker than a human, but has poor endurance. She also appears to possess endless patience.

Webspinner
Arachne can spin a variety of silks, and tend to be superior to standard spider silks by an order of magnitude, even when not magically enhanced. Detection webs can sprawl invisibly for miles, and arachne silk traps and bindings are practically unbreakable. Arachne are capable of producing enzymes that can break down their silk for the purposes of repair or reclamation. Arachne silk is primarily harvested for use in high-end textiles. Scarlett's webs are of unusually high quality, and she is capable of projecting them.

Venom
Arachne venom's effects vary from species to species. The severity the bite is largely determined by the dose. Scarlett's venom is weaker than most, but a full envenomation can still be lethal to even extremely large creatures. Scarlett has focused primarily on disabling her victims via potent anesthetic and paralytic effects. Arachne venom is typically milked for medical purposes, and can have psychoactive properties.

Striker
Although not a true jumping or funnel spider, Scarlett is capable of impressive leaps and sudden, hard strikes. She is fond of both high places and the underground, but has an aversion to water.

Background
Scarlett successfully resisted human encroachment on her territory until a dedicated attempt was made to remove her. With the assistance of Moralka, a team of humans was eventually able to pin her down to a single cave network, and then flush her out and enslave her. As a result of her beauty, the high quality of her silks, and the great difficulty involved in capturing her alive, she has commanded an extremely high price as a slave. Her owners rent her out for various purposes, including prostitution, silk farming, and halmon hunting.

wigglebiscuit

ThisOneGal,

I too am considering an arachnid. Perhaps we can collaborate?

ThisOneGal

Drake Valentine

WIP SHEET

Character Name: Fenris
Role: Warrior, Predator
Species: Werewolf (Beastman)
Orientation: Heterosexual/Dominant
Height: 6'1”
Weight: 180lbs

Abilities:
High Intelligence: Even primal wolves are renown for their source of intelligence, this is also true for that of a Beastman of similar bloodline family. This allows him to adapt to any environmental setting or weather setting without much of a hinder. He often observes the invaders and other creatures he may deem as enemy or prey from afar, taking note of their routines or gadgets and how they are used. Guerrilla tactics and other tricks that may be seen as 'cowardly' or 'underhanded' are not beneath him either.  He also isn't shy in utilizing what others may use or adorning clothing to make himself appeal more human. As they say, the most dangerous of beings is a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Canine Senses: Natural senses are heightened including hearing, smell, and even sight to a nocturnal level.
Physique: A fine line difference between predator and prey and Fenris's body is the equivalent of the former. He has a high aptitude of stamina to allow him to transverse mountains terrain, prowl forests, etc. Strength to a degree, upper body wise he can throw just a little over his own weight around. His legs are possibly the strongest of aspects of his body, able to to physically dent metal with a well delivered blow and break some of the sturdiest of wooden objects. Mind you, he might not be capable of going around kicking trees down, but there will still be fine prints of broken wood within the bark from any blow. He also has a high level of endurance and can transition to all fours to increase his speed. Not to forget his durability is also high, though his body is still mainly flesh, this may not hinder blades from being able to cut through fur.
Weapons Included: Claw retraction, mainly, though his nails along his hands are sharp as any blade and the ones upon his feet are even deadlier. Such as been refined from his life within the different terrains, being able to grapple upon wood or even stone without too much of a hindrance.
Contaminant Immunity: His body is naturally immune to almost all variations of toxins, venoms, viruses, bacteria, allergen, etc.
Regeneration Basic Level: Wounds such as cuts, bruises and light burns heal faster than normal. Wounds such as broken bones or damaged nerves/organs may take bit longer to heal. He can more quickly recover from minor to moderate blood loss. Critical wounds such as lost of limbs and internal organs cannot be regenerated, as wounds would simply close up faster and lost organs remain lost. Cells that are fatally damaged, such as by burning, cannot be regenerated, resulting in permanent scarring.

Weaknesses:
Wolfsbane: This is extremely deadly to werewolves and one of the few items that can be crafted into a proper poison to weaken, if not kill them outright.
Silver: Another fine weakness all werewolves share, such can cripple/prevent regenerative capabilities.
Strong Senses: Obviously with heighten sense of smell, such can be used against him; the same can be said for sight and hearing as well if one is crafty enough.
Nonmagical: Cannot use or learn magic himself and doesn't have much of a strong resistance to such either. Tends to avoid those with that scent of powerful magic about them.

Background:

AndyZ

Come to think of it, if I even got an elf approved, could that particular elf manage allspeak between elves and humans?  I imagine sort of an undercover liaison, but it occurred to me to ask that before I even try for the idea.

Jezabelle

Quote from: AndyZ on January 17, 2016, 11:37:46 PM
Come to think of it, if I even got an elf approved, could that particular elf manage allspeak between elves and humans?  I imagine sort of an undercover liaison, but it occurred to me to ask that before I even try for the idea.

Well within the realm of possibilities--Karma has previously described them as, I'm paraphrasing here, "sibling races" of mythological\primordial relation.  One child was magical and peaceful, the other a bunch of bloodthirsty rapists.*

*I say, ironically, and now edit this in realizing some people will believe this and drop the game

Hob

Working more on the humans tomorrow and the day after. If there's anything anyone would or would not like to see, or any ideas you might wish to share, please let me know? Thanks!!

ThisOneGal

I haven't heard from Jezabelle in several days. I'll shoot him a PM.

Jezabelle

Yeah, sorry guys, I was at the end of a month long semester that did not end well\helping move.

I should be able to get things under way with location threads and an OOC, if we're still game.

Yarnover

I would be interested in this, if there's still room? :-)
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

ThisOneGal

I assume so. I'm still waiting for MC to be approved/rejected.

Hob

I'll be honest, I held off on developing the human hunters any further than I had. Right now I'm just waiting to see where else this goes before putting any more work into them.

EdwardShane

I'm still interested, for the record.  Hoping to see this game kick off soon.

Jezabelle

Alright.

I'll go ahead and get a thread up today.  I know it's been weeks, but perhaps a combination of involvement and momentum will see things picking up--I know a lot of it's my fault for dropping the ball at a critical period and I'd like to go ahead and apologize for that.

edit

OOC is here : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244116.0

For the moment I will keep it to two rather-encompassing areas, East of the Straits and West of the Straits--more and less encroached upon by human influence, respectively.

aorangi3

Character Name:Krix
Role:Scout/Magical Illusionist(Shadow)
Species: Ravenmore. (Half-raven humanoid)
Orientation: Hetero.
Height: 6'3''
Weight:180Ibs

Abilities:
Flight:acrobatic flier, often doing rolls and somersaults in the air. Can fly upside down for miles. Speed is average. Has Black-feathered wings of appropriate size to support this on his back.
Shadow magic specialist: Ravenmores have the ability to utilze illusions cast by shadows and darkness. This allows the ability to affect the world around them in various ways but the illusion must be within the parameters of scope. Meaning that he can hide himself and a few others and possibly even reconstruct something he's seen but it generally cannot outright damage someone on a physical basis.
Extremely Intelligent:Able to analyze scenes with extreme speed, is able to think to the Nth level during situations, sometimes pin-pointing another person's perspective. Can mimic sounds and is very self-aware.  Understands Cause and Effect.
Claws/Talons: While he does possess hands that are more humanoid in nature, his feet are clawed like a Raven's, able to rip and tear at enemies as well as grasp manageable objects. Can pick up things relative to his size.
Transformation: The main attribute of Ravenmores are their ability to transform into a more representative version of their animal. A huge winged creature, all abilites become that of his beak and talons, his shadow illusion ability only extends to his wings that seem to generate a cover of shade on things that are under them, making them hard to see. Likewise he becomes more aerodynamic and can fly longer and faster, however this transformation makes him more closer to animal and his intelligence goes down somewhat as basic urges take charge.

Background:
Krix, throughout most of his life had seen from the eyes of someone who readily foresees certain outcomes. This makes the normal bold and playful side of his personality side-lined, a more serious and critical role taking place on first contact. Until of course a certain half-dragon/dragoon by the name of Balerion entered into his life, his absolute best friend and perhaps the only person to coax out Krix's jovial nature which is normally mired. For 13 years, the two would live in co-habitation as a pair, Krix excelled in finding things worth acquiring from both the Half-dragon and his own perspectives. Basically anything that looked shiny and valuable was their target and Krix typically was the one to scout ahead and find such quarry. The Ravenmore would also feed off of the left-overs of what Balerion would score. Content with this relationship, Krix has become something of a hermit and rarely socializes with others in a normal context and especially has stayed away from humans even as they hunted. His first impression while curious was that they were not worth the interaction until Balerion decided he liked their shiny armor. All in all, Krix being a rare creature, knew from his observations what the humans would treat him as.

A mount at best or a trophy at worse, his critical attitude making him more vindictive. Content to stay within the Storm Straits and roost in the mountainous regions.

[Take this as my interest, please PM me details or questions. I am working with another player taking interest, hence the prior relationship]

Also this is a Work in progress still.
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Jezabelle

An interesting concept!  Although the approval process is through PM, I assume you were merely looking for feedback\coordinating with your partner.

aorangi3

Quote from: Jezabelle on February 12, 2016, 11:31:15 AM
An interesting concept!  Although the approval process is through PM, I assume you were merely looking for feedback\coordinating with your partner.
Correct
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Vanetias

Vanetias

Do I need to play myself as a monstergirl or can I play as a human captain?

Jezabelle

Quote from: Vanetias on February 22, 2016, 10:47:54 AM
Do I need to play myself as a monstergirl or can I play as a human captain?

Human characters are indeed permitted.  There's a wiki entry with a broad profile of the human nations, but feel free to PM me with ideas and I'll try to make something work.  We have no IC to base canon off\contradict at this point, so it's all still quite malleable.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Razing_of_Eden

JinZah

I would like to get in on this, but the character i want to play is very much based on the guy in this video, and i'm not sure you'd be ok with that. Might be a bit op, i'll leave it up to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AAzkPkiImo

Vanetias

Oh Hello there, is the game still on? I may have missed out on this since last time