Chatty Birds Chatting

Started by persephone325, January 31, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst

::Sneaks in:: May I toss in a thought?

Could you repurpose the player sign up thread, and change the initial post to track the SG stories currently available? Then players sign up for the story(s) that they are interested in playing in? So right now there are five SG's signed up, so it might look something like:

Available Games
Example 1, By Persephone325

Title: Example 1
Type: Long
Genre: Science Fiction
Premise: A group of asteroid miners get stuck after a piece of their latest take damages their ship.

Slots Available
1. Blythe
2. Liam Dale
3. Revenant

Example 2, By Theta Sigma

Title: Example 2
Type: Short
Genre: Fantasy
Premise: An ancient evil has risen and returns to the peaceful lands, but new heroes have risen in this age...

Slots Available
1. List2lady
2. Amaris
3. Cryptic
4. Ariana

Example 3, By King Serperior

Title: Example 3
Type: Test
Genre: Test
Premise: Test

Slots Available

Example 4, By Myst

Title: Example 4
Slots Available

Example 5, By Levi

Title: Example 5

Slots Available

(For reference only the first two spoilers contain any varied information. The rest is for show)

When people sign up they pick which story they want to go, and then when the story fills its slots (which the SG can determine upon submitting the idea) the SG starts the thread for it. When a game fills up, it gets removed from the list and so on? Unless I misunderstood how this is all supposed to be formed, in which case totally ignore everything I just suggested.
DUPLICATE ACCOUNT

King Serperior

That's not a bad idea at all.  In fact, it sounds pretty good.  I could get behind that if Perse and Theta like it~

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

That's actually the idea. lol ^^ The participant sign up thread has a listing of all the stories that are actively looking for players. The list underneath it (where the participants are currently listed) I envision as acting more like a pool for the SG's to pick from if there haven't been enough sign ups for their story to launch.

They can PM the person and be like "Hey. I saw you're interested in long stories. I have one that needs another player. You interested?"

Unless you mean just overhauling it, and I misunderstood. :P
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Myst

Oh. ;D

I think I was confused. Okay. I had not considered SGs reaching out to players. So tracking the pool of players seemed to indicate a different setup to me. Nevermind silly me!
DUPLICATE ACCOUNT

persephone325

Quote from: Myst on February 12, 2018, 11:28:47 PM
Oh. ;D

I think I was confused. Okay. I had not considered SGs reaching out to players. So tracking the pool of players seemed to indicate a different setup to me. Nevermind silly me!

No, no! It's alright! I understand it's not the most intuitive and easy to comprehend set up. lol

Though, if the set up now gets too many people confused - I wouldn't mind switching it to the set up you suggested. I don't think it would be too hard. ^^ (I feel like I'm so scatter brained right now. lol)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Myst

I do not know if it is confusing others, but it sort of did me. When I look at it (if we are on the same page about how this is supposed to work, and I think we are) it seems like it should work something like the following:

Story Guide Sign Ups: Has some sort of fillable code (like the one I have above, or the one you have). Prospective SGs snag the blank code, fill in the details and slap it in this thread. The board moderators take the completed code and add it to the Participant Sign Ups.

Participant Sign Ups: Contains a list of currently available stories submitted by Story Guides, is updated and maintained by the board mods (as people sign up, they are added to the stories list until it is full, at which point the story is removed from the list entirely... Maybe tracked in a different post for showing how much we do sake or what have you). People that are interested in participating in stories come to this thread and browse the available story list and reply "Sign me up for the cool story run by persephone325!".

That way story guides can submit whatever idea that they want, whenever they have an idea come to them. Players can browse the available list freely and join whatever fits them at the moment (long or short). I think I might worry that people might be glossed over if they say "Hey I want short", so SGs running long never look at them, but their preferences might have changed and they just forgot to update the mods. Also, that seems like a lot of extra tracking for you.

I am just spitballing ideas here, hopefully not complicating it any. If there is anything I can do to help you out with this Sephie, just let me know!
DUPLICATE ACCOUNT

persephone325

Quote from: Myst on February 13, 2018, 12:13:46 AM
I do not know if it is confusing others, but it sort of did me. When I look at it (if we are on the same page about how this is supposed to work, and I think we are) it seems like it should work something like the following:

Story Guide Sign Ups: Has some sort of fillable code (like the one I have above, or the one you have). Prospective SGs snag the blank code, fill in the details and slap it in this thread. The board moderators take the completed code and add it to the Participant Sign Ups.

Participant Sign Ups: Contains a list of currently available stories submitted by Story Guides, is updated and maintained by the board mods (as people sign up, they are added to the stories list until it is full, at which point the story is removed from the list entirely... Maybe tracked in a different post for showing how much we do sake or what have you). People that are interested in participating in stories come to this thread and browse the available story list and reply "Sign me up for the cool story run by persephone325!".

That way story guides can submit whatever idea that they want, whenever they have an idea come to them. Players can browse the available list freely and join whatever fits them at the moment (long or short). I think I might worry that people might be glossed over if they say "Hey I want short", so SGs running long never look at them, but their preferences might have changed and they just forgot to update the mods. Also, that seems like a lot of extra tracking for you.

I am just spitballing ideas here, hopefully not complicating it any. If there is anything I can do to help you out with this Sephie, just let me know!

No, that makes sense to me! I'll have to look this over again to fully comprehend it, because today was rather hectic and I have a lot running through my head at the moment. XD If not today/tomorrow, then within the next few days. ^^
I don't know.

Myst

Oh good, I am glad that I am making sense. Haha. Sorry about your hectic day!
DUPLICATE ACCOUNT

Kaia

Quote from: King Serperior on February 12, 2018, 04:55:20 PM
*pounces Kaia*

Hey!  Welcome to the Nest of us Chatter Birds~

Lol hello!  I'm trying to see if I can join in with you guys because I've never really done anything like it

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~

persephone325

Quote from: Miss Kaia on February 13, 2018, 07:57:46 AM
Lol hello!  I'm trying to see if I can join in with you guys because I've never really done anything like it

Of course you can join!

I'm gonna be a little scarce this week, though. I had hoped to get the first story going, but had some sudden RL stuff pop up. >.<
I don't know.

Oreo

That is okay with me. I am not ready to run fast anyway.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Myst

No rush from me. I have plenty to explore in the meantime. ::)
DUPLICATE ACCOUNT

Kaia

Quote from: persephone325 on February 13, 2018, 11:30:02 PM
Of course you can join!

I'm gonna be a little scarce this week, though. I had hoped to get the first story going, but had some sudden RL stuff pop up. >.<

I just want to be sure I can keep up before committing completely.  My tracker scares people xD

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~

Theta Sigma

I'm here to guide stories and eat crisps.

And I'm all outta crisps.

O&Os

A&As/Tracker
They/Them pronouns

Amaris

Theta is out of crisps?

I'm out. ;)

persephone325

I'm hoping to maybe get the first story idea up around Sunday? My brother should be coming home soon, (yay!) and I just want to make sure he's OK and stuff. So that's where my attention will be for a few days.

<3
I don't know.

Amaris

Take your time, sweet Sephie.

The Green One

Yay for stories and siblings~

Not available for new stories

King Serperior

I'm going to be honest, my story ideas are likely to be those strange, off-the-wall kinds full of humor and action.  >_>

Just a warning for those who might volunteer for my stories in the future.  <_<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

The Green One

Quote from: King Serperior on February 15, 2018, 10:14:59 AM
I'm going to be honest, my story ideas are likely to be those strange, off-the-wall kinds full of humor and action.  >_>

-is totally in for it-

Not available for new stories

King Serperior

Quote from: Liam Dale on February 15, 2018, 10:15:42 AM
-is totally in for it-
Makes note that Liam is volunteering for possible madness in stories

>_>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Arianna

You need to check out some of the Popcorn RP stuff some of us have been doing. Maybe we will all be joining on one of your stories, KS. That would make for an explosive kind of combination. We are kinda out there...

Amaris

Quote from: Arianna on February 15, 2018, 10:50:11 AM
You need to check out some of the Popcorn RP stuff some of us have been doing. Maybe we will all be joining on one of your stories, KS. That would make for an explosive kind of combination. We are kinda out there...
May I come in to the out now?

;)

10 points if you know the movie

Lisa2lady

I am down for the off-the-wall kind of stuff.