The Harpers at Phandelin (D&D 5e | Seeking Players)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, April 03, 2023, 08:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: c0i9z on April 06, 2023, 06:16:35 PM
Nahree
Race | Class | Background
Character Sheet

Brief Nahree used to live in the city's underground. Regarded as a pest by most, as were many of the kobold and goblins that infested the cities, he possessed a peculiar talent. Two of them, in fact. Tinkering with some of the scrap he found, usually fixing and improving it so it would sell for more, and a talent for the magical. He'd spy, unseen on wizards and mages, performing their craft, and find odd ways to replicate them, usually through the use of the mechanical devices he'd gotten so adept at making.

I love arcanists.  They're really powerful at level 2.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

c0i9z

3's pretty great, too. I get to use my int to attack and can turn my mouse into a gun-mouse.

c0i9z

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: c0i9z on April 06, 2023, 08:08:00 PM
Bought  abunch of stuff to put in my bag.

If it'd be more convenient, you can keep your equipment in a text box on the character sheet, especially if it's kept inside of the bag of holding.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

c0i9z

CurvyKitten

Here is my submission for a possible character idea. :)

Character Submissions
Header

Her hat has mushrooms and moss on it. Her hair has flowers that seem to almost grow from it, and her eyes are like galaxy's
Mara Greenfoot
Gnome Forest | Druid (circle of the spores) | Feylost
Character Sheet
(per the rules above and in tasha's I switched her intelligence bonus to wisdom. Hopefully that is ok)
Brief Mara was shunned and banished by her village and family for following what they saw as a twisted way of nature. They had no idea where she got her gifts, but after she was returned from the Feywild she was forever changed. So banished from her home Mara traveled till she came upon people that accepted her. She has strived to protect them no matter what they face, and keeps them healthy and happy as best she can.

Animal companion (find familiar spell) if allowed,  I was thinking maybe a fey fox (a A blink fox https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fglZKqonc1y5gsZ1D4tqwOmuJIOne4lN/view ) that has moss and mushrooms on it as well as it’s sort of take on the traits from being around her.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 07, 2023, 05:54:29 PM
Here is my submission for a possible character idea. :)

Character Submissions
Header

Her hat has mushrooms and moss on it. Her hair has flowers that seem to almost grow from it, and her eyes are like galaxy's
Mara Greenfoot
Gnome Forest | Druid (circle of the spores) | Feylost
Character Sheet
(per the rules above and in tasha's I switched her intelligence bonus to wisdom. Hopefully that is ok)
Brief Mara was shunned and banished by her village and family for following what they saw as a twisted way of nature. They had no idea where she got her gifts, but after she was returned from the Feywild she was forever changed. So banished from her home Mara traveled till she came upon people that accepted her. She has strived to protect them no matter what they face, and keeps them healthy and happy as best she can.

Animal companion (find familiar spell) if allowed,  I was thinking maybe an fey fox that has moss and mushrooms on it as well.

Heyo, Curvy.  This character is great.  I will look at her more closely on Monday, buuuuut I will say that the fey fox familiar is fine.  And so is the ability switcheroo.

Aribeth, it is totally fine for there to be TWO druids, BTW.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

CurvyKitten

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on April 07, 2023, 06:55:14 PM
Heyo, Curvy.  This character is great.  I will look at her more closely on Monday, buuuuut I will say that the fey fox familiar is fine.  And so is the ability switcheroo.

Woot glad you like her. And yaaay fey fox for the win!!

And yeah totally fine with all the options for circles for the druids. Also I may or may not multi class at some point. But I’d let the story lead that.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 07, 2023, 06:57:52 PM
Woot glad you like her. And yaaay fey fox for the win!!

And yeah totally fine with all the options for circles for the druids. Also I may or may not multi class at some point. But I’d let the story lead that.

Great!  I'm glad to have you join.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Re Z L

A&A

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Captain America

Does a monk/ barb gain benefit from both classes AC? My understanding is yes as you are adding different attributes, rather than say multiple types of suits of armor/natural armors etc
Skype Captain America (captainamerica_@Hotmail.com)

Feel free to pester me.

Captain America

Ok, that's a great way they word the distinction. Thanks!
Skype Captain America (captainamerica_@Hotmail.com)

Feel free to pester me.

PhantomPistoleer

All right, if you've completed a character and are ready to go, you can post in this thread.

First come, first serve for the Triboar Party.  If you're not there, don't fret: another party will be on its way from Leilon.  Party compositions are dynamic, so, the party you're in right now is not the party that you'll end up being in.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

CurvyKitten

OK I have a question before I post. I have found a couple different versions of fay foxes and don't know which one you'd allow or like to see in the game? So here they are, let me know what you think. :) I found a cobalt fox too but it didn't say anything about having fay origins, beyond that is were they like to build their dens. 

https://www.5esrd.com/database/creature/foxin/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fglZKqonc1y5gsZ1D4tqwOmuJIOne4lN/view

cobalt fox
https://preview.redd.it/t24az1oote491.jpg?width=2550&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=6a4167f958c68ff8e11c19c5f2803348137ed577

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 10, 2023, 10:15:05 AM
OK I have a question before I post. I have found a couple different versions of fay foxes and don't know which one you'd allow or like to see in the game? So here they are, let me know what you think. :) I found a cobalt fox too but it didn't say anything about having fay origins, beyond that is were they like to build their dens. 

https://www.5esrd.com/database/creature/foxin/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fglZKqonc1y5gsZ1D4tqwOmuJIOne4lN/view

cobalt fox
https://preview.redd.it/t24az1oote491.jpg?width=2550&format=pjpg&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=6a4167f958c68ff8e11c19c5f2803348137ed577

I think I like the Blink Fox the best.  It's the cutest.

You may, of course, bring any one.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

CurvyKitten

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on April 10, 2023, 10:17:46 AM
I think I like the Blink Fox the best.  It's the cutest.

You may, of course, bring any one.

Blink fox it is! I was leaning towards that one, but I wasn't sure what you might like. :)

Isengrad

Falgrim Stormshield
Hill dwarf | Fighter | Solider
Character Sheet

Brief: Son of a stone mason and a city guard, Falgrim found himself naturally drawn to his nations military's. Taking to it well and rising to the ranks of sergeant-at-arms he would have been happy living his life like that. Maybe find a nice lass to settle down and pop out a couple of littluns. At least till one patrol near the underdark, used to scrapping on the surface with orcs and other raiders his group was not prepared for what assaulted them from the deeper shadows. He is one of the few survivors of that attack, and of the survivors Falgrim is the only one that can still fight. The harpers found him after that, gave him a way out of the military, offered training that could make sure he could protect himself and others from something like that happening again.

original artwork by karabiner

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Isengrad on April 10, 2023, 12:45:33 PM
Falgrim Stormshield
Hill dwarf | Fighter | Solider
Character Sheet

Brief: Son of a stone mason and a city guard, Falgrim found himself naturally drawn to his nations military's. Taking to it well and rising to the ranks of sergeant-at-arms he would have been happy living his life like that. Maybe find a nice lass to settle down and pop out a couple of littluns. At least till one patrol near the underdark, used to scrapping on the surface with orcs and other raiders his group was not prepared for what assaulted them from the deeper shadows. He is one of the few survivors of that attack, and of the survivors Falgrim is the only one that can still fight. The harpers found him after that, gave him a way out of the military, offered training that could make sure he could protect himself and others from something like that happening again.

He looks great.

I like his backstory, but would recommend a small change that would ground the PC in this world.

Thirty years ago, Mt. Hotenow erupted resulting in the destruction of a town near Neverwinter called "Thundertree."  Something about the eruption caused something akin to a zombie apocalypse.

So, instead of surviving an attack from the Underdark, could we have him have survived Thundertree?  He can have enmity against the Underdark, obviously.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Isengrad

Perfect, lends well to a general hatred of undead and a few nights of waking up from a nightmare

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Isengrad on April 10, 2023, 01:16:59 PM
Perfect, lends well to a general hatred of undead and a few nights of waking up from a nightmare

Perfect.  Feel free to post in the IC if you wish.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Isengrad

Revised Brief: Son of a stone mason and a city guard, Falgrim found himself naturally drawn to his nations military's. Taking to it well and rising to the ranks of sergeant-at-arms he would have been happy living his life like that. Maybe find a nice lass to settle down and pop out a couple of littluns. He had been part of the military for years now, approaching his tenth winter when the eruption at Mt. Hotenow caused the town of Thundertree to be destroyed, and a swarm of Ash zombies threatened to overrun the surrounding lands. Called in to protect Neverwinter his unit was one of the first on the ground. Though they fought bravely they were routed, of the survivors Falgrim was the only one left that could fight. After he recovered he left the service, returned home to make a living off his chosen trade for the next 3 decades until the harpers knocked on his door. Offering him a training, resources and a way to protect others. After a good nights rest, he accepted.

Revised history to reflect the change you mentioned, had to change his age to reflect the fact he was there at Thunder tree and explain the 30 year time gap for him. But he's a dwarf still in his first century so it's all good. I'll check the IC thread and get a post in.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on April 07, 2023, 06:55:14 PM

Of course.  It's a big organization and the parties will change, so it only makes sense for there to be 2 Druids, or 3 Barbarians, or 20 Wizards....  maybe not 20 wizards.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 10, 2023, 03:44:37 PM
Of course.  It's a big organization and the parties will change, so it only makes sense for there to be 2 Druids, or 3 Barbarians, or 20 Wizards....  maybe not 20 wizards.

I just didn't want you to think I didn't support your idea when I 'permitted' another druid into the game.  I know how difficult it can be for you to settle on something.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O