PM Problems

Started by persephone325, November 30, 2022, 11:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

So, browsing through my older PMs it seems I can't read some of them and I'm not sure why. I click on the message and it says "You are not allowed to access this section!" which is really confusing. I know it doesn't have anything to do with whether the member is on hiatus or if they're staff because I can open other messages from members on hiatus and other messages from staff as well.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Timeless

Hey there!

Just want to ask for clarification and also to get more information.. What do you have your 'Display Personal Messages' as? Do you have it as 'All At Once' or 'As A Conversation'? Did you apply any new setting to your Inbox, by any chance?

persephone325

Quote from: Timeless on December 01, 2022, 02:34:02 AM
Hey there!

Just want to ask for clarification and also to get more information.. What do you have your 'Display Personal Messages' as? Do you have it as 'All At Once' or 'As A Conversation'? Did you apply any new setting to your Inbox, by any chance?

I have it on "As A Conversation" and I haven't changed the settings for...well, probably years. lol No new labels either.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Aethyrium

Are you unable to read the PMs themselves, or are you clicking on links (such as the hyper text of a quote) that would redirect you to another post/message/part of the site?

persephone325

Quote from: Aethyrium on December 01, 2022, 08:21:38 AM
Are you unable to read the PMs themselves, or are you clicking on links (such as the hyper text of a quote) that would redirect you to another post/message/part of the site?

The PMs themselves won't open. Some of them are related to old games, some are from members who wanted to offer me words of encouragement, etc.
I don't know.

Vekseid

This sometimes happens... it may hopefully improve when I upgrade (when I get to that : /)

If you can isolate it into a label or search for it you should be able to view it that way. It only seems to break on direct pm access.

persephone325

Quote from: Vekseid on December 01, 2022, 03:24:01 PM
This sometimes happens... it may hopefully improve when I upgrade (when I get to that : /)

If you can isolate it into a label or search for it you should be able to view it that way. It only seems to break on direct pm access.

Ah, OK. I was confused cause I thought my PMs were being restricted for some reason. Like I did something wrong and got on the staff's bad side. LOL

EDIT: I just did a search in my PMs, as you suggested, and I was able to open the message. :-)
I don't know.

Oniya

Quote from: persephone325 on December 01, 2022, 04:06:36 PM
Ah, OK. I was confused cause I thought my PMs were being restricted for some reason. Like I did something wrong and got on the staff's bad side. LOL

EDIT: I just did a search in my PMs, as you suggested, and I was able to open the message. :-)

Out of curiosity, did you initially have the PMs sorted by username (when you were looking up the old conversation) or by date?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

persephone325

Quote from: Oniya on December 01, 2022, 04:10:28 PM
Out of curiosity, did you initially have the PMs sorted by username (when you were looking up the old conversation) or by date?

I was looking by username first.

I clicked on one PM and it gave me the error message, and when I went back and clicked on it again - it worked. But some were still giving me the error - even after a refresh, so that's when I posted here.
I don't know.

Oniya

That actually seems to line up with what a couple of us upstairs had been doing when this has happened.  Might be advisable in the future to locate the PM, note the date of it, and then resort the PMs by date before trying to open things.  (Clunky, I know.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

persephone325

Quote from: Oniya on December 01, 2022, 05:27:22 PM
That actually seems to line up with what a couple of us upstairs had been doing when this has happened.  Might be advisable in the future to locate the PM, note the date of it, and then resort the PMs by date before trying to open things.  (Clunky, I know.)

Oh my gosh... Get yourselves together, guys! lol :P

But thank you for your advice. ;D
I don't know.