Grab the Book Closest (#2)

Started by WillowPup, November 07, 2015, 04:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azy

QuoteThe Warlock Lord marched his armies east toward the Jannison Pass, which meant they probably intended to descend upon the Eastland.

First King of Shannara by Terry Brooks.

TheSilentBang

Quote"His boots were so worked with silver that it was hard to see the leather."

The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan
[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[td][/td][td][/td]
[td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

despickable

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

RampantDesires

You're pretty ambitious for a disembodied brain, that other part of my brain said again.
          -The End of All Things by John Scalzi

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Remiel

"The pattern is so persistent that it's spooky."

--Win Bigly: Persuasion in a World Where Facts Don't Matter by Scott Adams

clonkertink

"She gave K.'s hand a last caress, jumped up, and ran to the window."
-Fraz Kafka, The Trial

Valerian

"The most common sights on the streets were the priests and doctors making their frantic rounds."
~The Ghost Map: The Story of London's Most Terrifying Epidemic -- and How It Changed Science, Cities, and the Modern World,, by Steven Johnson

Okay, maybe not the best book to be reading under the circumstances...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

HopeAndFaith

"Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man?" -Fahrenheit 451 Ray Bradbury
O/O

RampantDesires

Quote from: HopeAndFaith on October 17, 2021, 07:16:04 PM
"Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man?" -Fahrenheit 451 Ray Bradbury

I love this <3

"I guess you're coming with us tonight?"
      -Kiss of Death by Rachel Caine

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Katiana

"Their existence is just as celebrated and just as valid as the descriptions presented here."  - The Queen's English by Chloe O. Davis

Valerian

"Given such mounting pressure, it seemed inevitable that something was sure to break."

~Jack the Ripper and the Case for Scotland Yard's Prime Suspect, by Robert House
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

WordSmith

"Good. I will be issuing some commands regarding you.

Hobb, Robin. 1995. The Illustrated Edition. Assassins Apprentice.

CaptainErotica

Communication devices shall be tested in the area of use to assure functionality.

EM 385-1-1 (Military Safety Manual)

RedRose

On n'avait pas encore parlé de Rex

(Daniel Deronda)
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

WordSmith

Those eyebrows grew very long, and the Thaylen wore them pushed back over the ears.

Sanderson, Brandon. 2010. Stormlight Archives. The Way of Kings.

aqhrcdite

"And she was there that night to see him die."

Chain of Iron by Cassandra Clare

Valerian

"In a bid to increase his popularity across the social spectrum, and especially in the north, John chose this time to tackle the abuses of sheriffs and forest officials."

~ Ladies of Magna Carta, Sharon Bennett Connolly
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Blythe

He loved nothing better than to walk into a broken down, moldy Victorian on Divisadero Street and say, "Yeah, I can give you a palazzo here in six months."

- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice

Valerian

"Arguably, in fact, anthropologists of this period were more interested in civilization than in culture."

How to Think Like an Anthropologist, by Matthew Engelke
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

CassieBear

Marcus bucked and Gail tightened her hold over him, and the staircase rattled, and something fell or slid -- like a can of paint being pushed across the floor -- and their bodies shook, and they saw nothing, felt nothing except the core of heat that joined them.

The Memory of Blood by Christopher Fowler.
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 0 of 4

CaptainErotica

When it was hungry, whether it was craving protein, or fruit or whatever—I had to relearn that, and it takes time.”

— Positively Unstoppable: The Art of Owning It by Diamond Dallas Page

Rosenrot

"Looking for freshly turned dirt amid the soggy leaves, I imagined a day when every grave would be provided with GPS coordinates- perhaps as part of its epitaph."

Perverts Against Longevity from Necrophilia Variations by Supervert

stormwyrm

My avatar appeared just inside the "entrance," a door at the top of a carpeted staircase.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
If there is such a phenomenon as absolute evil, it consists in treating another human being as a thing.
O/OA/A, Requests

Rafael

QuoteAll modules are 6m long by 4m wide by 3m high and can be placed end to end, side to side or even stacked, though this can result in stability problems.
Central Supply Catalogue, Mongoose Publishing 2016