You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:09:18 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Supreme Court rules in favor of westboro to picket soldier's funerals.  (Read 5925 times)

Offline RubySlippers

The First Amendment is unique to the US in Europe for example denying the holocaust or advertising neo-nazi activities is illegal. We view it as this the morons can say what they like unless its actively promoting an illegal activity its good they say what they want most people will simple counter it with opposing messages. That is what happened here in this case most of us agree the church is full of morons if they do this but look at the messages here its countered by enlightened people that see this as a negative thing to do and denounce it on personal conviction.

Offline Callie Del Noire

I LOVE THIS WOMAN.. and fyi.. she's wrong.. the final count was 44 protestors..so Lamponelli donated 44,000 in the name of the Westboro Baptist Church. (When i win the megaball lottery, I'll be hosting at least 1 show a year for her in Topeka.. LOL)

Comedian Lisa Lampanelli versus the Westboro Baptist Church

Online TheVillain

I keep in mind that the WBC is only a church in the loosest sense of the word. Last time I checked, only 3 members of the WBC aren't related to Reverend Phelps by blood or marriage and they're a husband, wife, and one of their kids.

But yeah, as much as laying a fat ban in their breakfast cereal would be keen, I can't think of a way to do it that doesn't open the doors for something worse.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
I kind of like the idea of making donations to charities in response to them.  It turns the negative into a positive.

Offline Callie Del Noire

I kind of like the idea of making donations to charities in response to them.  It turns the negative into a positive.

Not to mention you can practically HEART their blood pressure go up at the announcement. It does my small petty petty heart good to know that they took no comfort from that.

I should be a better person.. but I'll take the warm feeling of knowing she probably spent more than she made on the show, gets a tax right off and maybe took years off their life in the process.

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Even if it was a bunch of ordinary people donating $5 per protestor, it would still a) tweak the WBC, and b) get funding to some worthy causes.

Offline Callie Del Noire

Here is one of those 'wow' stories..

The KKK telling the folks at WBC they are going too far.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/klu-klux-klan-protests-westboro-baptist-church-video/2011/05/31/AGgoiPFH_blog.html

Offline Noelle

Maybe they'll be like sister hate groups and orbit around each other, forever picketing the other while the rest of us stand back untouched.

Just a thought, anyway.

Offline TheGlyphstone

I actually went to the KKK website once, as part of an unrelated bet/dare - they have a disclaimer at the bottom denouncing and repudiating any association with the WBC.

Offline Callie Del Noire

I actually went to the KKK website once, as part of an unrelated bet/dare - they have a disclaimer at the bottom denouncing and repudiating any association with the WBC.

Whoa.. wow.. that just.. broke my surreal setting.

Offline Belle33

I keep in mind that the WBC is only a church in the loosest sense of the word. Last time I checked, only 3 members of the WBC aren't related to Reverend Phelps by blood or marriage and they're a husband, wife, and one of their kids.

But yeah, as much as laying a fat ban in their breakfast cereal would be keen, I can't think of a way to do it that doesn't open the doors for something worse.

Well put.  Fortunately, there are many ways we can honor our fallen heros in privately. 

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Not to mention, at least two of his sons have broken from the WBC.